What would you do if this RAMPAGE happened?

This is a discussion on What would you do if this RAMPAGE happened? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSRSoncoV4k Just watched this movie... No doubt this guy is seriously messed up. If this happened in your town, what would you do? Gather up ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What would you do if this RAMPAGE happened?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSRSoncoV4k

Just watched this movie... No doubt this guy is seriously messed up. If this happened in your town, what would you do? Gather up your family and leave? Get together with your buddies with your high powered rifles and ar15s and try to stop this?
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” Albert Pike

Probably get shot up by the lunatic . . .
    MA2, USN

When only cops have guns, it's called a "police state". Love your country, but never trust its government.
    -- Robert A. Heinlein.

In chaos like that, I become invisible. I'm out to survive the chaos with myself and my family. I will avoid and evade that type of situation. I'm not the country's police force to attempt to stop such matters by myself. I'll bug out of that AO quick, fast and in a hurry.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I'm not interested in a fight like this, I'm outta' there ASAP...find a place to hide and wait it out or get in a vehicle and leave the area.
    But remember, this is a movie...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

hide, lol. unless I have a high powered rifle...hell even then...
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

.308 Armor Piercing 2-400 yards, never know what hit him. Bye Bye.`

http://www.garysguns.com/exotic.htm

Wow, seriously deranged. Guys a walking tank!
    Unless ya got a Barrett 50bmg laying around,
    Hide.
    Freedom.... The Price Keeps Going Up, and the Quality Keeps Going Down.

Hide. Run. Find an AR loaded with Milspec green tip, 62 grain steel core or something in the 30 cal range with a scope.

Or maybe a .270 with good glass. Perhaps a 300Mag...

After that...

Hair on the wall.

Oh, and at 1:05...that red ammo box...

Black Hills, baby!

He may be pretty much bullet proof, but if someone was smart enough to get on a roof with some gasoline and pour it on him. He would be just as dead. Body armor won't stop the fire. I watched the whole movie a while back. There is a part where he goes into a hair salon and takes off his helmet. If one of those ladies would have had a concealed weapon they could have put him down. He had already taken out most of the police force, otherwise a sniper could have stopped him. The thing about it is that he walked around thinking that he was indestructable, but there was several times he turned his back to people that could have tackled him.

What would I do? Unless I had access to a roof and gas, nothing. I would secure my family and wait it out.
    Ruger GP100 .357 mag
    Ruger p-90 .45acp
    Taurus PT-140 acp
    Rossi .357 mag
    Hi-point .45 acp
    DTI AR-15

VIP Member
    I'd get up and go get more popcorn and a drink, then go back and enjoy the rest of the movie!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Explosive would probably work or a car, kill him through kinetic energy. But in all reality I would already have buggered out. I have no wish to stick around a gunfight of any type.

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by centermass View Post
    He may be pretty much bullet proof, but if someone was smart enough to get on a roof with some gasoline and pour it on him. He would be just as dead. Body armor won't stop the fire. I watched the whole movie a while back. There is a part where he goes into a hair salon and takes off his helmet. If one of those ladies would have had a concealed weapon they could have put him down. He had already taken out most of the police force, otherwise a sniper could have stopped him. The thing about it is that he walked around thinking that he was indestructable, but there was several times he turned his back to people that could have tackled him.

What would I do? Unless I had access to a roof and gas, nothing. I would secure my family and wait it out.
    and by the looks of it he trained pretty hard so someone who could tackle him might just be another victim in short order...anyone who can function at that speed with that amount of body armor on isnt a skinny 9th grader looking to avenge a toilet whirly...this guy is serious...he has to stand in one place long enough to pour gasoline on him and light it...and thats without him realizing it, turning and taking you down while youre doing it...

unless i am faced with direct contact my desire is to be as far away from this type of psychotic as possible....

Flexible body armor doesn't stop rifle rounds.

A lever action .30-30 would have ruined his day. A $99 mosin nagant would have ended it right quick...

Body armor isn't a forcefield, and a bullet to the nogin would have still messed up his decission loop.

Actually, In the movie someone does try to tackle him and dies for it. It would take several people rushing him. As far as the gasoline. The guy was walking around the town, so all it would take is a 5 gallon bucket of gas(not a gas can, a open top bucket). Get on a roof, wait for him to walk under you, pour the gas. If he shoots, it lights the gas and he dies. If he don't shoot, drop a match on him and he dies. The only way he could survive is to remove the body armor soaked with gas and try to continue without his armor. And even without the armor he would still have enough gas on himself to be lit on fire. Just the fumes would slow him down.
    Ruger GP100 .357 mag
    Ruger p-90 .45acp
    Taurus PT-140 acp
    Rossi .357 mag
    Hi-point .45 acp
    DTI AR-15

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links