Wow Imagine this - Page 3

Wow Imagine this

This is a discussion on Wow Imagine this within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by gruntingfrog Insane Clown Posse is a rap group (and a really bad one at that). I doubt the gang would actually call ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by gruntingfrog View Post
    Insane Clown Posse is a rap group (and a really bad one at that). I doubt the gang would actually call themselves this if they're fans of the group. Fans of the Insane Clown Posse call themselves Juggalos. It's quite likely that this "gang" is similar to the gangs of goths or wannabe vampires that "overrun" small towns everywhere. They're nothing but outsiders looking for some form of group membership anywhere they can get it. They're usually just misunderstood youth trying to figure out their place in the world and are often the least likely to really be troublemakers. I really doubt that these kids are any real threat.

As others have said, five murders in a small town would certainly have caused an uproar so I find it odd that you hadn't heard about it before. I also doubt that they were standing around in the street brandishing weapons at bystanders. This sounds like the type of thing that old women embellish as part of a scare story. Sure, they probably saw the group of kids standing around on the street corner and they may have been "up to no good" like smoking or roughhousing. Due to the kids' different clothes and possibly evil clown makeup (if they're really Juggalos) the ladies got scared. The next thing you know, they're imagining (and reporting to the police) that they saw all sorts of dangerous things.

As a former small town teen who often had the cops called on his group of friends because they looked different (even though we were actually the good kids in town - we didn't drink, do drugs, or vandalize anything), I'm just saying that I know how things get embellished by some people. My friends and I were part of a "dangerous street gang" in high school. Basically, we were into the grunge/indie rock scene instead of rodeos, hunting, fishing, and country music so when people saw us standing around downtown we caught attention. I had some lady swear to the cops that she saw me attacking random people on the street. I still have no idea where she got this idea, but luckily the drug store we were hanging out in front of had security cameras in front (a rarity in small towns) that showed nothing of the sort actually occurred. Still, the rumors and suspicions spread through the town.

Am I saying it's impossible that this group is violent? No. I'm just saying it's unlikely that you would just now be finding out about it if it were the case.

-----------------------------------------------------------

On the subject of what to do if someone is standing in front of your car with a gun, I only have one thing to say. A 14,000,000 grain projectile beats 115 any day.
    You are correct they are called juggalos. Most everything else you said about them is incorrect. They are a very quickly growing segment of the federal inmate population and VERY dangerous according to gang professionals (i.e., my colleagues down the hall) within the BOP. The face of gangs as we know them is changing.
    Carry on my friend~~

Smith & Wesson SW9VE
    Smith & Wesson M&P 15
    Kel-Tec PF9

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by carryon View Post
    You are correct they are called juggalos. Most everything else you said about them is incorrect. They are a very quickly growing segment of the federal inmate population and VERY dangerous according to gang professionals (i.e., my colleagues down the hall) within the BOP. The face of gangs as we know them is changing.
    I think gruntingfrog meant that if the group in question are actually fans of the ICP they would not be calling themselves the ICP and therefore are probably not the dangerous fan group known as Juggalos. Just a matter of semantics, I do not see that there is a real difference other than the fact that juggalos may have some national cohesion and organization. As another poster said, it is possible that this an overblown reaction to a bunch of punk kids rather than a real gang issue. I don't have enough info to even try to guess which may be the case.(I haven't perused the earlier link to the murders yet)

A punk is a punk and a 'banger is a target. Punks can be reformed, educated and may actually grow up some day. Eventually the 'banger is going to stop a bullet. Either from another 'banger or from LEO or an armed citizen.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    Well, I guess we'd find out how the silverado I drive stands up to hitting a gangbanger
    With you all the way.You got a Vortec or Duramax? Either way its good,just dont tell me a v-6.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexHassin View Post
    Did Weird Al start a gang? Or do they have a connection to the band?
    From what I've seen, those drawn to the "Juggalo" lifestyle tend to be in the same demographic as tweakers, so it's not a big stretch to imagine them as a threat.

I've met a few, much to my chagrin (my best friend's brother-in-law runs with bad crowds), and not one of them was anything close to an "upstanding citizen". Every last one was involved with drugs, and had criminal records (they tend to mention their POs fairly often).

Quote Originally Posted by Xader View Post
    From what I've seen, those drawn to the "Juggalo" lifestyle tend to be in the same demographic as tweakers, so it's not a big stretch to imagine them as a threat.

I've met a few, much to my chagrin (my best friend's brother-in-law runs with bad crowds), and not one of them was anything close to an "upstanding citizen". Every last one was involved with drugs, and had criminal records (they tend to mention their POs fairly often).

That would be my guess to, but they do sound like they would go with Weird Al’s “white and nerdy”. There one group I have only heard about and have never meet or seen one.

Quote Originally Posted by carryon View Post
    After reading this I've done some more research and I think you're correct. The type of people that are attracted to this group, while definitely outsiders, are not the same type that tend to gravitate to the goth or other outsider groups. They do seem to embrace a violent outlook on conflict resolution and life in general and would therefore be potentially dangerous.

Thanks for making me look deeper into this.
    Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face.
    - Mike Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by AlexHassin View Post
    Did Weird Al start a gang? Or do they have a connection to the band?
    I know right..? ICP ... I just cant understand how growing up in Montana when I was young never had problems that i knew like this, move away for 8 years then come back to find how much has changed.
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” Albert Pike

The only course of action here would be to get all the good town folk together, and address the mayer and police chief, letting them know that either they put them out of business or stand down and turn a blind eye to the next course of action. If you take down one, you should be ready to take them all down. I say its round up time.

Thats the thing there is not many of us like that anymore, Plus there is reason to believe we have 6 dirty officers on the force right now... Plus the KPD doesnt seem to care. I have been talking to a lot of people though, getting a mass of people and confronting them could be bad. Maybe phone the Sherriff...?
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” Albert Pike

It sounds like you have several problems, with both the gang and the PD. There are several possible avenues open. The Sheriff, who is usually the chief LE officer in the county, the State Patrol, state AG or the Feds. Good luck.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links