Walmart Parking Lot DANGER

This is a discussion on Walmart Parking Lot DANGER within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by SIGguy229 Dude...you're the victim... You may have misunderstood me as my response was a joke. There is usually one person in every ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Walmart Parking Lot DANGER

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    Dude...you're the victim...

You may have misunderstood me as my response was a joke. There is usually one person in every thread that recomends "being a good witness" now matter what the situation is. Thats the guy I like to clown on. Now me personally, I would have made the guy brown his shorts when he came to the realization that he'd just brought a knife to a gun fight.

2. Remove Ads

after personally being threatened with bodily harm by a thug with a knife I say your brother in law, under the circumstances of not being armed, did the right thing in retreating...........

and as others have said, distance is CRITICAL......but the goon did not have his hand on the knife stuck in his pants? response: raise my shirt and present Glock............

if the goon had knife in hand and within personal space? response: produce wallet and drop it on the ground, when the goon goes for it present Glock.......

and once the gun is drawn, the next move is up to the goon whether the trigger gets pressed or not!!!

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bruce21b View Post
    after personally being threatened with bodily harm by a thug with a knife I say your brother in law, under the circumstances of not being armed, did the right thing in retreating...........

and as others have said, distance is CRITICAL......but the goon did not have his hand on the knife stuck in his pants? response: raise my shirt and present Glock............

if the goon had knife in hand and within personal space? response: produce wallet and drop it on the ground, when the goon goes for it present Glock.......

and once the gun is drawn, the next move is up to the goon whether the trigger gets pressed or not!!!
    Dude! where have you been?

Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
    Dude! where have you been?
    hey man,

my computer crashed earlier this year and went several months without one........finally got a new one and took me a while to remember all my bookmarks...LOL.......im getting old because my memory is not as good as it used to be :)

Quote Originally Posted by bruce21b View Post
    hey man,

my computer crashed earlier this year and went several months without one........finally got a new one and took me a while to remember all my bookmarks...LOL.......im getting old because my memory is not as good as it used to be :)
    A computer crash is what I fear because I keep telling myself to backup my data but I have not got around to doing it yet. I try to keep my OS up to date and Norton Internet Securtiy 2010 stays up to date and all of my programs are mostly up to date but that still doesn't mean that your system won't crash and I know this, hope my luck doesn't run out

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    If you have the opportunity and the ability to retreat (run) and escape the threat, then that's a reasonable action. With foot and knee issues, I'm not able to outrun much of anyone. I could certainly see deploying OC spray and/or drawing your weapon if you can't run and assessing the situation. If the person draws the knife or advances, it may not be reasonable to turn your back on them and run (and unlikely you'll outrun them running backwards).

Every state is different with regard to justified use of lethal force. Lifting of a shirt exposing a knife in the waistband is most likely brandishing a weapon, attempted armed robbery, assault, and may justify it...may not. You have to study case law in your state to see if there are cases with similar circumstances and how they have concluded. It's usually an eye opener and not as clear cut or simple as some may think.
    Agreed. I have bad knees and can't really run either, this why I carry.

Quote Originally Posted by dripster View Post
    Priceless
    Agreed. LOL

My response depends on if I am alone or not. I have two family members that are severely impaired mobility wise. If I am with either of them retreat is not an option. Depending on where all the players are in the scenario I could easily see myself drawing to engage and advancing on him. I would have to say the odds of him getting shot increase dramatically if I am not alone.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Distinguished Member
    Not having read all responses, yet, my first reaction to seeing a shirt lifted to reveal an ugly, hard, dark thing an arm's length away is to pop the guy a good open-hand jab and "keep sticking him" as my corner man might say. If that affords the opportunity to draw, then there's that, too. As in the OP, you're in a fist fight, not in a gunfight - yet.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    My response depends on if I am alone or not. I have two family members that are severely impaired mobility wise. If I am with either of them retreat is not an option. Depending on where all the players are in the scenario I could easily see myself drawing to engage and advancing on him. I would have to say the odds of him getting shot increase dramatically if I am not alone.
    Good answer. I agree. If I'm with my wife - HER safety is paramount and I'm going to do what ever is best for her safety. That would probably be retreat. IF that weren't an option then I'll do anything I have to - to insure her safety. If I'm alone then not sure - would have to deal with as see fit.
    For God, Family and Country!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links