Bus Stop Scenario

This is a discussion on Bus Stop Scenario within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; There is this curvy, tree lined road that I must frequently travel at night. Traffic is usually sparse in the evening. There are a couple ...

Thread: Bus Stop Scenario

Bus Stop Scenario

There is this curvy, tree lined road that I must frequently travel at night. Traffic is usually sparse in the evening. There are a couple of stop lights on it. One of the stop lights always puts me into high alert. It's on a bend, so no ability to see oncoming or approaching traffic. The cross street is residential and unpopulated at night. This traffic light has one street light directly above it and a corrugated metal bus stop shed about ten feet to the right of the passenger door. The shed is a tiny building with a roof, open on one side and houses a bench. My car windows are always closed and the doors locked, but I can't help but always thinking about how easy it would be for thug to be hiding behind the shed and waiting for an unsuspecting motorist to stop and be distracted, while waiting for this long light to change. The BG could be on the car in an instant and do an armed robbery or a carjacking. Luckily these types of crimes are not too frequent in my neighborhood, but you never know.

I always spend my time at the light looking at the edges of the shed. I think if I saw someone exit from the back at that hour I would just blow through the light. Same if they appeared to be trying to go around the back of the car. My question is what would you do if they approached from the front of the car and somehow managed to get in front of your vehicle? Say they are trying to get your attention on the drivers side and moving from the front of your car to the drivers door? You haven't seen a weapon, but the guy is waving at you while he has has his other hand in his jacket pocket. You get the impression he'd love for you to roll down your window. He's now at the corner of your car near the drivers side headlight, but facing you and in motion to seemingly go around to your drivers door.

How would you react to this scenario?

2. Remove Ads

reverse....drive away...or turn wheel right...drive away.... you're in a car..he is on foot and has no presented a weapon.
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Quote Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
    reverse....drive away...or turn wheel right...drive away.... you're in a car..he is on foot and has no presented a weapon.

If weapon gets presented, and I have a "reasonable belief" that the intentions are to further a crime against myself using deadly force, or the threat of deadly force, SPEEDBUMP.

If I'm on the scoot I'll forego that speedbump and will use the manuverability of the bike to get out of Dodge like I'm riding a horse that I stole.

Biker

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    If the stoplight on that route concerns you this much, find an alternative route. Any scenerio like this is purely a judgement call, and no one can decide what you would do except you. Now, standby by for the "well, what if"s.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Any scenerio like this is purely a judgement call, and no one can decide what you would do except you.
    Couldn't that be said about most all of the scenarios posted here? Just curious about what my fellow DC members might come up with.

If i see a gun,im driving over his ass.If i dont,im backing up or whatever it takes to get around the threat.If i did have my windows down,hes getting a knife through his hand.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Boy View Post
    Couldn't that be said about most all of the scenarios posted here? Just curious about what my fellow DC members might come up with.
    That's true, but if 100 repliers said, "Run 'em over," and that response isn't in you ... then you react how your consciense allows you to.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I have a 20 year old Honda Accord with only about 5 inches of ground clearance. No speedbumping for me. Probably wind up either dragging him or stalling out...or both .

I'll back up and leave, show a weapon and I'm driving over you.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I have a 20 year old Honda Accord with only about 5 inches of ground clearance. No speedbumping for me. Probably wind up either dragging him or stalling out...or both .
    Sideswipe him.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    Put him under it with muffler on his a++ and let him scream.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

Links