To anyone that CCW.....this is a MUST READ!!!!!!

This is a discussion on To anyone that CCW.....this is a MUST READ!!!!!! within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This just goes to show that after the fight is over, it has really just begun!!!! http://www.armedcitizensnetwork.org/...ork_2010-9.pdf...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: To anyone that CCW.....this is a MUST READ!!!!!!

To anyone that CCW.....this is a MUST READ!!!!!!

This just goes to show that after the fight is over, it has really just begun!!!!

http://www.armedcitizensnetwork.org/...ork_2010-9.pdf

2. Remove Ads

Long read...something all should read through.
    What a nightmare!
    Mr. Ayoob saved his butt.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I would never draw my weapon in a situation like this. Even thought he was being attacked by 3 people non of them were armed and 2 were women

VIP Member
    Great article thanks
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

mrm
    Quote Originally Posted by ssmtbracer View Post
    I would never draw my weapon in a situation like this. Even thought he was being attacked by 3 people non of them were armed and 2 were women
    Really? Boy it sure is easy to sit back and make a decision based on facts you are reading, if you read again you will realize that he was not given the opportunity to retreat he did try though. He admits that what he should have done was just woop the crap out of the two women and it would have been over before the boyfriend showed up and I agree with him cause when a women decides to cross the line and start punching me for no reason like a man she just entered the ring. I have recently had a massive neck operation so I understand the words desparity of force rather well.
    Maybe you should go back and re-read it again and then make a comment.
    Last edited by SIXTO; December 8th, 2010 at 01:40 PM.
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
    - Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    I am not aloud to reply to your post with the language and intent that it deserves.

Yep...and the victim was having his clock cleaned by all three...its called disparity of force...and when the truth came out, he was right. Otherwise, he'd either be dead or handicapped--yeah, I'm sure that would be a better outcome.... He would have been better off with a couple of COM shots and head shots from the retention position...with the bodies in his front yard. That way the police get one story...
    WHEC724 likes this.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Very thought provoking article.
    Freedom.... The Price Keeps Going Up, and the Quality Keeps Going Down.

Senior Moderator
    That is the longest thing I've read not in book form but very very very important.

It strikes me so much that it didn't seem to matter to the prosecutors whether they were trying an innocent man. Even when presented with new evidence they still went ahead with the trial. Not to mention the conflicting physical evidence of the blood in the driveway vs no blood on the street. A child could see the attackers were lying through their teeth.

Not to mention that he was not able to give a statement to detectives because they "had everything they needed."

So many people say that you should not give any type of a statement without your lawyer but in this case it seemed to hurt his case as all three of his attackers were able to get their word in before him.

As they said in the article, it wasn't about justice or about right and wrong, it was about winning and losing and that's the true tragedy.

That is a horrible situation and hard to believe that the LEO's on the scene didn't notice it right away that it all took place right there in his driveway and not in the middle of the street. He's lucky he didn't get convicted.

I hope he is filing law suits back against his attackers everything that this has cost him.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

and what is REALLY sad is that you have to go through HELL AND HIGH WATER to prove you were RIGHT in the first place......

its always easy to monday morning quarterback stuff like this........but if i had been in that situation i would have beaten the sugar and spice out of those two women and dealt with the boyfriend after that.........
    Last edited by SIXTO; December 8th, 2010 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Long read...something all should read through.
    What a nightmare!
    Mr. Ayoob saved his butt.
    ^^^^^^^^^what retsupt said 100%^^^^^^^^^^^
    Member:USCCA, NRA, GOA, WVCDL
    U.S. Navy vet 1955-1959, USS Dashiell DD 659. Glock 19, Ruger LCP, Ruger .357 Mag.
    When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.

and i agree with the above poster......we are always told to not say anything to the police after a shooting........but in this case it was like the police believed the three goons' story as soon as they told it and arrested Mr. Hickey, who just told them "yes, im the shooter, they attacked me"

Yes,i see no reason for drawing here.Although,hell,i wasnt there.Popped the girls in the throat and laid that guy on his back.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links