Walt Disney World safety...

This is a discussion on Walt Disney World safety... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi, Has anyone carried in WDW theme parks? How did it go? Thanks...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Walt Disney World safety...

Walt Disney World safety...

Hi,
    Has anyone carried in WDW theme parks? How did it go?
    Thanks
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth keystone... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference."
    - GEORGE WASHINGTON

2. Remove Ads

Yep, every time we go. I only pocket carry there as they do search bags or camera cases, and I didn't really want to mess around with a holster.
    There has never been a problem with my pocket carry of my P-3AT instead of the usual Glock. I wanted to have something on my person.
    It is not illegal.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Moderator
    If you're discovered, you might well be banned from the property. But there is no legal prohibition against carry there.

Of course, what looks like a solid backstop is often a thin fiberglass sheet over an open framework with a couple thousand people on the other side....
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

I've never carried there but read on Arfcom from multiple members' experiences that if you can get by security undiscovered you're fine. If they spot you, you'll be asked to put your gun in your vehicle or to check it in a lock box at security. One guy was spotted CCing because he adjusted his holster (without exposing it), so at least one of their guards knows what to look for.
    I think Retsupt has the right idea, carry whatever you can conceal best.

This is one area, that I think a firearm would be very dangerous. If for some reason you did have to shoot, there are 300 people in every direction, so would never be a clear open shot. On a busy day, it would be like using a gun at a packed concert....

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzsubbie View Post
    I've never carried there but read on Arfcom from multiple members' experiences that if you can get by security undiscovered you're fine. If they spot you, you'll be asked to put your gun in your vehicle or to check it in a lock box at security. One guy was spotted CCing because he adjusted his holster (without exposing it), so at least one of their guards knows what to look for.
    I think Retsupt has the right idea, carry whatever you can conceal best.
    they dont have a rent-a-cop security force....it is a pretty sophisticated network of security personnel...thye dont take security lightly in a potential terrorist target scenario like disney....i pocket carry there but would be willing to bet that if something large went down they would have people all over it before i was drawn unless the perp was dead in fornt of me...

i dont see the thin barriers and large crowds as a problem...the only defense you are going to need is very up close and personal or cover...of which there is plenty in the form of obstacles and other people...the only real worry would be an up close and personal encounter...i dont think youre gonna see a sniper in a bell tower there...

It would have to be some wacko (or employee wacko).

I think it is a very safe place, especially inside the park. The high entrance fees, tend to keep out the riff raff, that usually prey on folks in those types of venues.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsclaw View Post
    This is one area, that I think a firearm would be very dangerous. If for some reason you did have to shoot, there are 300 people in every direction, so would never be a clear open shot. On a busy day, it would be like using a gun at a packed concert....
    Guns ARE very dangerous, that's why I carry one.
    Wouldn't this be the same on a busy street, a parking lot, in a church, or at a mall? I'm certainly not worried about being robbed in the middle of Mouse Land, but I have concerns leaving and on my way to the parking lot or perhaps in a bathroom. We all have to make our own decisions, and use common sense when confronted by dirtbags.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilsclaw View Post
    if youre thinking about circus style 30 yard shots in open fields you need to revisit the fact that most sd encounters are at bad breath distance...and as retsup stated the trip in and out of the park has its risks also....

it is a relatively safe area just for the fact that a thief attempting to leave has to go a long way to get off of disney property and to public highways...as for the rpice of admission one doesnt have to enter the park to find a victim...anything can happen anywhere and the mouse has little control over that....

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Guns ARE very dangerous, that's why I carry one.
    Wouldn't this be the same on a busy street, a parking lot, in a church, or at a mall? I'm certainly not worried about being robbed in the middle of Mouse Land, but I have concerns leaving and on my way to the parking lot or perhaps in a bathroom. We all have to make our own decisions, and use common sense when confronted by dirtbags.
    Exactly the parking lot is'nt BG free & only time thee wand ya is Halloween Horror, At least last time I went, Iwent back to car.
    All other times No problems ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    No one needs to carry at MouseLand. The price of admission will kill you dead before you get in!
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    No one needs to carry at MouseLand. The price of admission will kill you dead before you get in!
    Indeed. You've already been robbed.

But, I'd have to say, Disney is probably one of the safest places in the country.
    I also think it is the perfect target for a terrorist. And there are plenty of ways in if you know the place.
    Carrying won't help against a terror attack, so I leave the gun home.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Yep, every time we go. I only pocket carry there as they do search bags or camera cases, and I didn't really want to mess around with a holster.
    There has never been a problem with my pocket carry of my P-3AT instead of the usual Glock. I wanted to have something on my person.
    It is not illegal.
    The last person I heard of carrying a P-3AT in his pocket without a pocket holster, ended up in the hospital with a self-inflicted wound.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I have and will contuine to carry at WDW. I carry Glock 26 IWB. There are several posts already. As people have stated above Nothing is what it appears. There is not a single cement block in the whole castle. Walls are paper thin. I am not worried about getting robbed (mugged) at the park. Outside the park in Orlando, not so good. They is one post that a security guard noticed a clip of a pocket knife and asked the guest to place it deeper into their pocket. I know that there is plenty of undercover security looking for shop lifters. You are from Florida? Are you taking advantage of the Florida resident discounts? If you have any other questions PM me.

Disney has one of the, if not the, largest private security force in the world. Apparently they also have an armed (armed Disney security!) division as well that you will very occasionally see patrol - but it's very rare. For the most part, it's "invisible" security - but rest assured, no matter where you are in the park and no matter what you're doing, someone is watching you or will be very soon.

Both Universal and Disney employ many plains clothes security officers. They're there for shoplifting, though... not so much as major crime prevention. Loss prevention.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links