Defensive Carry banner

Awareness

980 views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Phillep Harding 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I was tricked by that video once. Now it's impossible for me to watch it without seeing the guy in the suit. (I caught the changes in the other "card" video immediately.)

Creating "tunnel vision" has been a tricked used by magicians, con-artist, criminals, armies and politicians since the begining of time.

Tunnel vision is also something we must be keenly aware of in order to prevent being victimized. All BGs try to get their victims to focus on something else; in order to set them up for a crime. (Your focus is drawn away to one BG, while two others come up behind you.)

Tunnel vision can get you killed if your not careful. (It's an epidimic among the "sheeple".)

#5 ·
I did see the anomaly in the first video, but I was looking at the basketball passers... they were all wearing white... if nothing else but tennis shoes.... so all passes would have counted.... Had I counted them

I did NOT catch the color changing card trick.... yikes.

#6 ·
I've seen the 'gorilla among the passers' video before so I went to the color-changing card trick . . . . shame on me!!

I was just beginning to feel smug about figuring out how he did it when I was shown how many changes I had missed! :redface:
(I did see the gorilla sitting nearby in the explanation of the changes)

#7 ·
The videos are cool but not really representative of real life experiences that I have had in 2 near-miss self defense situations. My adrenaline rush actually heightened my awareness of everything around me rather than narrow my focus to the BG's. But, this is just my experience....it may not be that way for most people.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.