Subway defense

This is a discussion on Subway defense within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So anyone have any planes for being in subway cars? It was something I was thinking about today. I usually try to stand near one ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Subway defense

Subway defense

So anyone have any planes for being in subway cars? It was something I was thinking about today. I usually try to stand near one of the back or front near one of the doors so I can see as much of the car as I can. I donít know what the rules are in different cities are for CC on the subway. I donít even know what it is in NYC. Anywise for those that are on the subway armed and unarmed what is your basic plan? Mine is basically move to a different car or get of if things look bad. If I have to fight, then I would use my flashlight I carry in my pocket.

2. Remove Ads

I always liked the idea of an MP5K as a "subway gun."
    Some drink at the fountain of Knowledge, others just gargle.

VIP Member
    Alex, I road the subways two hours a day from the north end of The Bronx to downtown Brooklyn, everyday for 3 years. I traveled at some weird times including early morning hours; 2 A.M.

Back in my day crime in general was much higher than it is today in NYC, and then there were no specialized subway police.

Stay near a door, near an end of the car, so you can either exit at the very next stop or scoot into another car. Your flashlight is an excellent weapon if you know how to use it or have an opportunity to get some training in using it.

Truthfully, and sad to say, the only violence I ever witnessed in the 24 years I lived there was perpetrated by officers, not the general ridership. In one instance the violence was entirely gratuitous.

The most dangerous part of riding the subway is your walk to and from the station. Again, that's where your flashlight can be a great SD tool.

Subway defense
    IMO...it all starts with the bread. Six inch or foot long? Pick your veggies. My apologies if needed. Subway simply involves sandwiches to me. Defending against them isn't something I do on a regular basis. Do your best and adapt to the environment. Mayo....or creamy Italian? With or without pepper? Green peppers? Whole wheat, white, etc......? A subway is what you make of it before you eat it. Analogy? Maybe. Your environment is something you deal with every day. If you can't custom order it, you'll have to work with what's given, and what's given changes each and every day. Plans? Plans are okay so long as you plan on making changes at the last minute. It's good to have a plan, but it's better to make your plan adaptable. Every day life only follows some of the basic rules....the rest of the rules we make when we need them. Rule number one is stay alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Alex, I road the subways two hours a day from the north end of The Bronx to downtown Brooklyn, everyday for 3 years. I traveled at some weird times including early morning hours; 2 A.M.

Back in my day crime in general was much higher than it is today in NYC, and then there were no specialized subway police.

Stay near a door, near an end of the car, so you can either exit at the very next stop or scoot into another car. Your flashlight is an excellent weapon if you know how to use it or have an opportunity to get some training in using it.

Truthfully, and sad to say, the only violence I ever witnessed in the 24 years I lived there was perpetrated by officers, not the general ridership. In one instance the violence was entirely gratuitous.

The most dangerous part of riding the subway is your walk to and from the station. Again, that's where your flashlight can be a great SD tool.
    Yeah the D is full of characters. Have never seen any crime on its beside someone writing on the wall. Just something I thought about recently. Funny you would think I would have started asking questions after my experience with jesusnazi on the subway.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    Well, seeing as how I do not plan to fly underground, no, i do not have any planes for defending myself on a subway
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    Well, seeing as how I do not plan to fly underground, no, i do not have any planes for defending myself on a subway
    lol....

Do what you can to get them on the third rail.

Any place with a subway is too big.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Used to ride the GG local from Queens to Bklyn. Graduated from the Polytechnic Inst of Bklyn which is now NY Poly. I can remember one summer when I took a chemistry lab and I was using butyric acid, which, for those who do not know its characteristics, smells like pure vomit and manages to infect its smell in your hair and clothes. Want a good defense on the subway?--going home I had a train to myself. As far a NYC and firearms are concerned Guantes, remember Bernie Goetz--he only had a screwdriver and was almost legally lynched for defending himself and that was before they had a liberal, progressive, dictator mayor in the Big Bloomer--all 2 feet of him in elevator shoes.

Kelcarry,
    You completely lost me. Nothing I said related to guns. I can carry in NYC. As I recall Goetz used a gun.
    Maybe dementia is setting in.
    Care to elaborate.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Used to ride the GG local from Queens to Bklyn. Graduated from the Polytechnic Inst of Bklyn which is now NY Poly. I can remember one summer when I took a chemistry lab and I was using butyric acid, which, for those who do not know its characteristics, smells like pure vomit and manages to infect its smell in your hair and clothes. Want a good defense on the subway?--going home I had a train to myself. As far a NYC and firearms are concerned Guantes, remember Bernie Goetz--he only had a screwdriver and was almost legally lynched for defending himself and that was before they had a liberal, progressive, dictator mayor in the Big Bloomer--all 2 feet of him in elevator shoes.
    Bernie had a firearm, his attackers had the screwdriver. The ironic part was that they charged him with reckless endangerment of other passengers for missing Cabey with one of his shots.... I wonder how many NYPD rounds have missed their intended target.

Yeah, Need experienced opinion......................ask Bernnie Goetz...........he knows.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    Bernie had a firearm, his attackers had the screwdriver. The ironic part was that they charged him with reckless endangerment of other passengers for missing Cabey with one of his shots.... I wonder how many NYPD rounds have missed their intended target.
    About 40 when they shot a guy leaving a bachelor party a couple years back. Yeah, Bernie had a gun. Naughty.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogbones View Post
    lol....

Do what you can to get them on the third rail.
    Yeah, but be sure to let go before the BG makes contact. Otherwise your hair stands straight up and your flesh burns.

Avoid the subways if possible.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links