"You da man,you da man!"

"You da man,you da man!"

This is a discussion on "You da man,you da man!" within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I had business to attend to in a larger city about a month ago.I was familiar with the area from having been there well over ...

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Smile "You da man,you da man!"

I had business to attend to in a larger city about a month ago.I was familiar with the area from having been there well over a dozen times in the last five years.I went to my appointment as scheduled and returned to my car.I then proceeded around the block to do further business at a bank.I had observed an individual loitering at the corner across from the bank and then parked curbside in front of the bank.In front of the bank on the steps another person is sitting there.I stay in the car watching the guy on the steps and looking in the mirror to check on the guy on the corner.I leave the car running,windows up,doors locked.About a minute after I park the guy on the steps gets up and is coming my direction dqwn the sidewalk.I pull my revolver from my pocket holster and hold it between my right thigh and the armrest.They guy gets beside my car and motions for me to roll down the window.I shake my head from side to side.He then blades himself with his left arm out of sight and starts to reach for my car door handle.I abrubtly lean in his direction with the revolver pointed right between his ears.He jumps back throwing his hands in the air and almost falling backwards and says "you da man,you,da man" and starts highstepping down the sidewalk while holding his pants up.He said something to the guy on the corner and they scatter like cockroaches under a bright light.I couldn't tell for sure,but it looked like a damp spot on the seat of his pants as he disappeared.lol
    U.S. Army Veteran

He was probably collecting for the Salvation Army and you brandished a weapon needlessly!
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Great SA...kept you outta' possible trouble.
    Stay armed...stay alert...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

He was just going to try and sell you some drugs.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

OK.....obvious question....Why didn't you just drive off?? You saw a someone coming towards you, believing them to be a threat....why did you stay?
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Wink Retreat

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    OK.....obvious question....Why didn't you just drive off?? You saw a someone coming towards you, believing them to be a threat....why did you stay?
    Lunch hour traffic was too heavy.
    U.S. Army Veteran

Well, that guy will have something to talk abut for awhile.
    If nothing else, maybe he'll think twice about trying to climb into someone's car uninvited.
    The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

3D
    Quote Originally Posted by pistola View Post
    . . I leave the car running,windows up,doors locked. . . . I abrubtly lean in his direction with the revolver pointed right between his ears.
    Just curious, were the windows still up when you pointed the gun between his ears?

Further, if he presented his own gun as an immediate deadly threat to you would you have fired through the 'up' window glass?
    "It is easier to resist at the beginning than at the end"____Leonardo da Vinci 1452-1519

I would have kept mine up and yes i would have fired through the glass

VIP Member
    Sticky situation because you don't know what is going on; but it appears to be inappropriate brandishing on your part.

OTOH, had he pointed a gun after having bladed his stance you would have been in a DATD situation--and that is never good.

In another thread I mentioned that I keep a towel in the car to use to avoid unintentional display. This is a situation where a towel or newspaper would have allowed you to point at the guy without him knowing. His next move would have decided his fate AND YOURS.

You have your windows up, doors locked, car running, and, according to you, traffic around the area is heavy. Doubtful you would be facing someone trying to murder or assault you on a busy street in the middle of the day. Probably just a street hustler looking to beg for money.

The gun display was unnecessary. Keep your gun handy, but avoid pointing it at people who have not assaulted you or confronted you with serious harm/deadly force.

Everything I've read has taught me that after the gun comes out, he who calls 9-1-1 first is the good guy. Did you call? If not, someone sitting in their car behind you could've seen it all unfold through your rear window - and made the phone call. You're in front of a bank, so I can envision any 9-1-1 call causing a Hollywood-style 15 police cars swoop down on you from all directions.

I don't know what I would have done. But just kicking around the 9-1-1 thing since nobody has yet.
    Glad you are safe and good SA!

Quote Originally Posted by pistola View Post
    I had business to attend to in a larger city about a month ago.I was familiar with the area from having been there well over a dozen times in the last five years.I went to my appointment as scheduled and returned to my car.I then proceeded around the block to do further business at a bank.I had observed an individual loitering at the corner across from the bank and then parked curbside in front of the bank.In front of the bank on the steps another person is sitting there.I stay in the car watching the guy on the steps and looking in the mirror to check on the guy on the corner.I leave the car running,windows up,doors locked.About a minute after I park the guy on the steps gets up and is coming my direction dqwn the sidewalk.I pull my revolver from my pocket holster and hold it between my right thigh and the armrest.They guy gets beside my car and motions for me to roll down the window.I shake my head from side to side.He then blades himself with his left arm out of sight and starts to reach for my car door handle.I abrubtly lean in his direction with the revolver pointed right between his ears.He jumps back throwing his hands in the air and almost falling backwards and says "you da man,you,da man" and starts highstepping down the sidewalk while holding his pants up.He said something to the guy on the corner and they scatter like cockroaches under a bright light.I couldn't tell for sure,but it looked like a damp spot on the seat of his pants as he disappeared.lol
    LOL! Put the dude on his heals and sent him scurrying... Gotta love it! This should've been posted in the Humor section......
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    LOL! Put the dude on his heals and sent him scurrying... Gotta love it! This should've been posted in the Humor section......
    Yeah, this is a real hoot, isn't it? Use your handgun to scare off some bum, and watch him run. Ha. Ha. He probably peed his pants. Ha, ha, ha....

Why not use it to scare the kiddies on Halloween, or wave it around at guys who give you the finger when you're driving while your at it? That'll show them who's "da man".

/yes, that was sarcasm

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    What if the guy and his partner on the corner were undercover cops and he had come over to warn you that something was about to go down? It's possible! Such a scenario could have put you in deep doo doo. I think, regardless of traffic, I would have driven away. Your car, in most situations is your best and safest weapon and less likely to need explanation. But I wasn't there and hind sight is always 20-20.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Links