Any EMT's on here, question....

This is a discussion on Any EMT's on here, question.... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Medic 70002 That sounds nice to me. Thanks for the info....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Any EMT's on here, question....

me
    Medic 70002

That sounds nice to me. Thanks for the info.
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

2. Remove Ads

Im a full time Firefighter and just took the conceal class and waiting for my permit to come in. Our Fire Chief actually did the conceal class with us, he bought a Glock model 27 to conceal. So I know he's all for carrying concealed. Just not sure if he's going to allow us to carry while on duty. Im going to talk to him about it when I get my permit in the mail. Guys we go to all kinds of crazy medical calls all during the night, ive had to go in house's that were filled with very UNSTABLE people. Sometimes it gets rough. If I had to guess, he's prolly not going to let us carry concealed while on the job. Now, if we were allowed to carry and I did infact had to shoot someone while on the job would I go and render aid after shooting? Well when were on duty and we get called out to a shooting are stabbing were not allowed to enter until the LEO's get there, no question asked. And if we do enter without them there, well congradulations because your going home without pay for several shifts. If I had to shoot, I would let dispatch know by radio what happend, tell the dispatcher that my weapon is holstered, send a ambulance and get LEO's here ASAP.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I just listened to the SO dispatch Deputies to a DV where the man had punched the woman in the face. Response time estimated to be 15 minutes. Then the SO called another jurisdiction to dispatch their EMS (they have first due to this area due to logistics and a contract my county has with them). About the same time, the victim called back to say her husband had fled the house armed with a shotgun but did not take the car - he was apparently lurking in the area. So the SO tells the Deputy about this and within a minute EMS gets dispatched for "Assault - No weapons." I sent the Paramedic on the run a text message, filling him in on what he was about to drive into. They would have arrived before the LEOs.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    I just listened to the SO dispatch Deputies to a DV where the man had punched the woman in the face. Response time estimated to be 15 minutes. Then the SO called another jurisdiction to dispatch their EMS (they have first due to this area due to logistics and a contract my county has with them). About the same time, the victim called back to say her husband had fled the house armed with a shotgun but did not take the car - he was apparently lurking in the area. So the SO tells the Deputy about this and within a minute EMS gets dispatched for "Assault - No weapons." I sent the Paramedic on the run a text message, filling him in on what he was about to drive into. They would have arrived before the LEOs.
    You see, that could have been really dangerous for those Paramedic's. People are just plain crazy, what if he would have showed up with that shot gun and started unloading on them.

Paramedic70002, are yall FF's and Paramedics are or you just a Paramedic running a Ambulance out of a Firehouse?

I am a career Paramedic for a large hospital based Critical Care transport agency in SE VA but I am contracted to a rural County and assigned to a volunteer rescue squad. Our squad is manned 24/7 by 3 rotating shifts. Three other squads in the County are manned M-F 0600-1800. When they are unmanned, and rely on volunteers to come from home to answer calls, I respond out to them in the Zone Car for every call whether it be a stubbed toe or cardiac arrest. My partner stays at the station and has to wait on a volunteer if he gets a call while I'm out. This works only because we are a very slow County for EMS calls. I average 2-3 per shift. Anywhere from 0-5 is the norm in a 24 hour period. All our Fire Departments are volunteer and only 2 have First Responder licenses.

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    I am a career Paramedic for a large hospital based Critical Care transport agency in SE VA but I am contracted to a rural County and assigned to a volunteer rescue squad. Our squad is manned 24/7 by 3 rotating shifts. Three other squads in the County are manned M-F 0600-1800. When they are unmanned, and rely on volunteers to come from home to answer calls, I respond out to them in the Zone Car for every call whether it be a stubbed toe or cardiac arrest. My partner stays at the station and has to wait on a volunteer if he gets a call while I'm out. This works only because we are a very slow County for EMS calls. I average 2-3 per shift. Anywhere from 0-5 is the norm in a 24 hour period. All our Fire Departments are volunteer and only 2 have First Responder licenses.
    Oh I see. Were all Firefighter's with a first responder cert, we run basic life support with the ambulance here in town. On a normal day we run anywhere from 4 to 8 medical calls per 24 hour shift. On for 24 hours and off for 48, I love it. Dont think I could go back to a Monday through Friday 8 to 5 job. Love my time off. We have a few volunteers also, they mostly run house fires though. Stay safe and God bless....
    Generation 4 Glock 23
    Son, if you want something in this life you have to work for it,
    now quiet! there about to announce the lottery numbers........ Homar Simpson

Our shift is a little different. Tue-Thu-Sat-Mon-Fri-Sun-Wed repeat. I like it a lot more than 24/48.

Ex Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MattInFla View Post
    Of course, even if you render aid, your actions can be spun to look bad. Failed resuscitation? You delivered sub-par care to "finish him off",etc...

Matt
    EXACTLY! Call 911 and wait.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links