Police Officer pulling gun

This is a discussion on Police Officer pulling gun within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Trust me...this is the kind of place outhouses don't care to associate with. Any time there was a call there...you KNEW you were going hands ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Police Officer pulling gun

Trust me...this is the kind of place outhouses don't care to associate with. Any time there was a call there...you KNEW you were going hands on. How the joint ever kept its license, I don't know. You could have a whole bar full of people and less than a dozen teeth. I hated working that district. South Tucson is one square mile of garbage. I mean really....there is ONLY one reason why I go down there now. A good family friend owns a pawn/gun shop and we do a LOT of deals. My Daddy knew HIS Daddy since the 60's.

2. Remove Ads

AZI,
    We had a couple bars like that, real puke joints. One was yokel, the other was chicano, both were pretty large. With no on body radios like today, you had to be either diplomatic, decisive, or both or you could be in big trouble.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Back before I retired, I was with about 15 to 20 other union members waiting for our president to arrive and unlock the door for our monthly local meeting. One of our members ran a yellow or maybe slightly orange tinged light just before pulling into the parking lot with the rest of us. Of course the local LEOs saw him and pulled into the lot behind him. Two officers got out of the car. The first proceeded to check license and registration prior to writing a ticket for running a red light. We all noticed that the second officer standing on the other side of the car and slightly to the rear had his hand on his gun during most of the encounter. Of course he never actually drew his gun, but appeared ready to do so. I guess the large number of guys standing there in work clothes(Some fairly dirty from work) made them a bit nervous. After the officers wrote the ticket left, someone made the comment that they were sure glad there was no car backfiring or Mark(the guy who got the ticket) might have been shot for running a red light. Ironically, we held our monthly meetings at the local FOP lodge.

That is pretty much SOP. One officer is the approach officer, the other is the cover officer. It is his job to cover his partner and watch for any kind of threat and be prepared to deal with it. If the approach officer is Smith and the cover officer is Jones, if you hear the approach officer say, "Hey Smith, come here.", find some cover.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links