Walmart..........

This is a discussion on Walmart.......... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well tonight was interesting, the wife took me out to dinner for my birthday then on the way home she needed to stop @ wallyworld ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Walmart..........

Walmart..........

Well tonight was interesting, the wife took me out to dinner for my birthday then on the way home she needed to stop @ wallyworld to pick up a few things. Well we all know about walmart parking lots and this one did not disappoint. I dropped her at the door and parked at the corner of the building were I can watch the people coming and going and was just sitting there with my 3 boys counting people in the lot (it does help with the SA) when this family comes walking out of the store. All of a sudden the guy starts yelling and screaming at his significant other then proceeds to start beating up the trash can and finally finishes up by throwing there grocery's against the building. To see him you just knew that he flipped his lid. Well as soon as he started his hissy-fit I grabbed my cell phone to call the wife and tell her to stay inside or meet me at the garden center doors but guess what rang in the console ..... yup, her phone. What do I do now? Hope she avoids coming out into this situation and grab her phone and start recording video while dialing 911 on my phone. gave the dispatcher descriptions of him and his vehicle and observed a bunch of people just watching wide-eyed and slack jawed. He then retrieved his vehicle and pushed his toddler daughter into her car seat and screamed at his SO to get the flock into the car and raced off before the sheriff's deputies arrived. when they arrived my cell rang and the dispatcher asked if I could meet up with the deputy. Talked to him for a minute describing what I witnessed and told him I have video. His eyes perked up and after he watched it asked if I could forward it to his department email. He then ran the plates and proceeded to have another unit head to the residence to do a wellness check on the wife and child. As I was finishing up with the deputy guess who walked out of the store. So all in all it was a good trip to Walmart; the OC spray wasn't sprayed, the gun didn't clear leather, and the wife picked me up the Maverick 88 I was eyeballing along with a few boxes of slugs and buckshot. After that I just had to gently let her know that she forgot her phone and she really needs to take it with her all the time since she got lucky this time. But my 4yr old hit the nail on the head, on the way home he told his mother and 2yr old brother that people like that are why daddy carries a gun, but don't tell anyone." The newborn was sleeping other wise I think he may have been told also.

2. Remove Ads

Got to love WallyWorld Steve.

Now that I am officially an "old fart" and retired @ 43...I go to the WallyWorld more than ever. I am elected to do the shopping, kid running, etc...

People watching at Wally World hasbecome a hobby.

Read my post in OC at WalMart.

Being another retired House Husband, no kids at home, Wally World is R&R.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Wait, let me get this straight. You're wife went into WM and came out with a shotgun and ammo? Man, I thought I had it good.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    Wait, let me get this straight. You're wife went into WM and came out with a shotgun and ammo? Man, I thought I had it good.
    Uh, yeah. Bravo Zulu on your SA and involving the SD to take care of that stupid idiot and all.........but Mrs. ncsteveh got you a shotty AND ammo.....?!?
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    Uh, yeah. Bravo Zulu on your SA and involving the SD to take care of that stupid idiot and all.........but Mrs. ncsteveh got you a shotty AND ammo.....?!?
    yeah, it was my b-day, plus I left a lot of hints around the house.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    I'd prefer to carry a shotgun and ammo INTO the WM that's closest to me... a lot of folks there I'd rather not turn my back on.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I am another semi-retired house husband and my regular errand rounds take me to WW (its across the street from Home Depot, I swear they think I work there I am there so much). More clowns than the circus. The parking lot is always nuts.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Hanging out at WW? Sheeez! If I get that bored I'll paint the house and watch it dry.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Hanging out at WW? Sheeez! If I get that bored I'll paint the house and watch it dry.
    Wally world is like Jerry Springer, only LIVE, in person, and unedited! Great entertainment!
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

You guys scare me! If someone is attacked there would they become a Wal-Martyr? IDK.

We are going to go to Wal-Mart today!

The wife has her LCP always. Guess I will be packin' my 9.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Walmart? Jerry Springer? I'll stick to watching paint dry.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Good Job sending the LEO's his way. You may have saved one or more folks from a very bad night. IMO, someone that jacked up to cause a seen like that in public and then speed off in a car is just an accident, or possible case domestic violence waiting to happen. Sounds like a night in the pokey, or at minimum a visit for the local authorities might do the fella some good..

Anyway, good job , And good luck with the wife and the cell phone thing. Mine does it all the time...
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Wow, my wallyworld is boring. I don't even see much in the way of folks that would be worthy of posting on the People of Wal-Mart site
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Good Job, ncsteveh. Your little one has a great roll model.

Just one word for you though ---- "paragraphs".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links