Non event, but glad I was carrying yesterday... - Page 2

Non event, but glad I was carrying yesterday...

This is a discussion on Non event, but glad I was carrying yesterday... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Bigkahuna Just out of curiosity, how did your dog react to what was going on?? He's a big golden retriever, has a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Non event, but glad I was carrying yesterday...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigkahuna View Post
    Just out of curiosity, how did your dog react to what was going on??
    He's a big golden retriever, has a few miles on him and is generally pretty mellow. He didn't react, but he's used to seeing all sorts of people.

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    Yep. I was thinking the same thing.

The dog that I have first of all would tear me appart for trying to "wash" her and secondly if I was and said stranger approached, the "conversation" with her and thug would have been a bloody mess.
    No offense JoJo;
    But, if you can't wash your own dog, (AND your dog is as viscious as you say), you may want to consider some professional intervention. It sounds like you're just a mistake away from making national headlines.

I have two pitbulls; one has some PT training. But, they would have just squared off against the guy and not let him through the door. (Something, not too unlike this event has happened to me a couple of times.)

Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    No offense JoJo;
    But, if you can't wash your own dog, (AND your dog is as viscious as you say), you may want to consider some professional intervention. It sounds like you're just a mistake away from making national headlines.

I have two pitbulls; one has some PT training. But, they would have just squared off against the guy and not let him through the door. (Something, not too unlike this event has happened to me a couple of times.)

She is just difficult to wash because she hates it. I did exaggerate that a tad.

However, she is an extremely agressive/protective 13 year old, 40lb mix breed and I love it.

I don't have to worry about dirt bags trying to approach us in or outside with her in close proximity. After she's finished with any intruder, or agressor, I'd have to shoot them just to put them out of their misery.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    She is just difficult to wash because she hates it. I did exaggerate that a tad.

However, she is an extremely agressive/protective 13 year old, 40lb mix breed and I love it.

I don't have to worry about dirt bags trying to approach us in or outside with her in close proximity. After she's finished with any intruder, or agressor, I'd have to shoot them just to put them out of their misery.
    I thought you may have been exagerating a little.

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    We take our Boxer and our Springer Spaniel in the shower,they love it.There are no thugs around either.
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

Quote Originally Posted by dtox View Post
    Have you read Appendix 3 "Gun Safety"? Not something I would want my wife reading. The guy strongly insists that all guns in the house should be locked at all times... Even if you live alone.
    Now back to the thread...
    Thanks for the heads up. Like most books I've read, I take what I need and what applies and leave the rest.
    The author's expertise isn't about guns, so that advice we leave behind.
    My wife is really confortable with handguns so his advice about Gun Safety she knows better not to heed.
    I just want her to realize the danger women face and the people who present that danger.

I totally agree. Glad to know she won't be swayed. Other than that horrible advice, the rest of the book is excellent. That first chapter should get the attention of just about anyone.

Administrator
    You handled that as clean as you got your dog. Good job.
    And the very best sort of event is the one that ends up being a non-event with you and your dog staying alive and well and able to lather up another day.

Cool

Max you need a bath.......... not now dad......... OK buddy.
    photo.jpg

Glad it worked out for the OP. Nice to know you have your CCW if you need it.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Our current dog is aging fast but a great protector / barker. Our next dog will be a Sheppard and a TRAINED Sheppard....and I'll be armed. It will take a pretty ballsy interviewer to step to that scenario.

Oh yeah...I agree...hand on grip just in case. From close range fractions of a second count.
    Last edited by zip777; January 27th, 2011 at 06:09 PM. Reason: omission

Sounds like you did a good job. A simple lock on the inside of the dog wash would prevent this and the bloodbath if some unattended child walked in on JoJoGunn washing his pekineese.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dtox View Post
    The guy strongly insists that all guns in the house should be locked at all times... Even if you live alone.
    Now back to the thread...
    Eh, I could go along with locking up all those not in use. However, as my CCW instructor pointed out, it /is/ in use if you are carrying it as a defensive arm.

Glad there was no further problems.
    I tend to end the beginning of 'interviews' pretty quickly...I'm not friendly, I don't look friendly, I don't sound friendly. I'm sure that I have offended an honest person or two...so be it.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I believe that looking these types right in the eyes while responding with authority and confidence sends the message you are no easy target, they usually sense it real quick and move on.

I'd say you handled it very well indeed.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links