Two different scenarios caught on tape to review, comment and learn.

This is a discussion on Two different scenarios caught on tape to review, comment and learn. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have two different scenarios I found on two other forums. I think they may be helpful for review and learning. The 1st one is ...

Thread: Two different scenarios caught on tape to review, comment and learn.

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar

Two different scenarios caught on tape to review, comment and learn.

I have two different scenarios I found on two other forums. I think they may be helpful for review and learning.

The 1st one is an armed robbery that happened in NC. The clerk had a firearm; but, could not get to it. (This, according to a guy on another forum that services the store.)

Fortunately for her the BG was only armed with a bb gun.

http://www.wxii12.com/video/26568331/detail.html

The second one is a video of a fight that broke out at a Wendy's in NY. The cashier tried to break it up. But, the assailents turned on her; AND all their friends jumped into the fray. (The cashier was severely injured.)

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/loca...ueens-20110124

I would like to discuss things that we can learn from "both" events.

Thanks

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Ok;
    I guess I'll comment 1st.

In the video where the woman was robbed, I give her big props for a willingness to fight back. However, it is evident that she needs to have some hth skills. If she indeed have a handgun close to the register, she did NOT seem to have a plan on how to get to it to defend herself. 9I think she like many others, think that just having a firearm for protection may be enough.

I peronally, think she escaped unharmed because the BG was only armed with a BB gun.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the video at Wendy's where the cashier stepped in to break up a fight, I think she made a mistake in not being a good witness; and just calling 911.

I'm interested in hearing others comments.

Video 1: Someone "trained" in disarming an armed person, could possibly/probably have either disarmed this BG due to the close proximity of him to the good guy, or delayed his actions enough to be able to get to a hidden handgun to respond. All of that assumes proper training. This young lady obviously was complying as probably her store dictated. Even trained personnel would have potential difficulty DATD. She complied, but when the BG began to drag her towards another part of the store, potentially the back room, then her survival instincts began to kick in and she resisted. Unknown to her and even though it was a BB gun, she made a decision to fight for her life. Thank goodness she was not physically harmed and the idiot BG was apprehended.

Video 2: Unless myself or a family member is directly involved in this type of melee, I am retreating, observing, and calling 911. IF however, I am directly attacked or I have a family member directly attacked, then at that point I will have made my decision and acted to defend myself and/or my family. It makes no difference that they were all females. A group (superior numbers) made the choice to attack, and I will defend myself against those odds and worry about how long it takes my lawyer to arrive later. AOJ prevails (ability of the superior numbers to overwhelm me, opportunity because of their numbers that they choose to attack, jeopardy of myself and my family to injury or great bodily harm) JMO
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

1. I feel sooooo sorry for the clerk. Poor woman. The dirtbag was a typical loser/thug. He obviously had no plan, and even had his BB gun draped across her chest at one point as he tried to wrestle her from behind. She could have used both her hands to wrest the gun away, although I am sure we was in a pure terror at that time. She resisted, and he realized she wasn't going down meekly. It may have saved her life. If I were in her line of work, I would have the gun on my person in a holster.

2. That melee doesn't call for firearms. The clerk was an abject fool for trying to step in to break up the fight. If I see a fight break out, I retreat with whomever I am with and call 911. Unike "wilders", these chicks weren't looking give a random person a beat-down. They were having "issues" - perhaps with the clerk. As a clerk, stay behind the counter. The rule is simple: if you see bad stuff go down, retreat and call the pros.

1. Most times tools, their availability and attributes determine outcomes, sometimes desperation and luck enter the equation.

2. Against greater numbers, in most cases, at some point the decision must be made to use tools and/or techniques that rise above mere physical confrontation to GBI or lethal to reduce physical injury to ones self.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Distinguished Member
    1. The will to fight even without tools and the luck of a regular customer's entering the store was everything in this.

2. Food fighting chicks on a chick - the female is more deadly than the male. Employee didn't have a clue.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Links