Senario Twist

Senario Twist

This is a discussion on Senario Twist within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know we have all read the various scenarios BG at ATM, BG at convince store counter, while eating, you get the drift. All these ...

Thread: Senario Twist

Senario Twist

I know we have all read the various scenarios BG at ATM, BG at convince store counter, while eating, you get the drift. All these take for granted that you can see what is going on all during the encounter, but… for those of us with glasses, N contacts a lot of extra stuff can go wrong like lost, messed up glasses / shifted contacts.

So here it is BG is at one of the above and you just had a big glob of sweat goop up your glasses, your contacts shifted, for the rest of you something is obscuring your vision, maybe the sweat hit your eye’s and is burning so bad you can no longer see. My point is your vision is compromised; blurry at best full outlines of subject are obvious of just who and what they have cannot be fully defined here. So what is the plan B for this situation, hide… what if you have been made by the BG so now what next?
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Newbie here and I'll give you my two cents, since I wear contacts.

I would take the nearest cover I could find, try my best to correct my vision, which usually only takes a second to rub them down, then draw and see what the situation is. At most, only a couple of seconds has passed. You can be rubbing while heading for cover and once you get there, draw and assess and go from there.
    Last edited by Maveri9720; July 17th, 2006 at 10:09 AM.

I practise shooting with out my glasses. Not very far but I still practise for the possibility they are broke or lost in a fight.

Lead Moderator
    Try to gain cover or distance while fixing my eyes.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I wear glasses but thankfully my vision isnt too out of wack. I've practiced a few time without them on and I shot better than I expected. Obviously its not on par with my corrected vision shooting but acceptable for sure.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    at best full outlines of subject are obvious
    IMHO you answered your own question right there . if i can see it i can hit it ( somewhere ) and none of the folks i have eaver met who prey on others are fond of pain .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs
    IMHO you answered your own question right there . if i can see it i can hit it ( somewhere ) and none of the folks i have eaver met who prey on others are fond of pain .
    But is it the BG or someone else in the place?
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Links