Got woke up last night by my dogs.

This is a discussion on Got woke up last night by my dogs. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Never go outside...get a rifle with a scope. Dogs are very trustworthy...they know....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Got woke up last night by my dogs.

Never go outside...get a rifle with a scope.
    Dogs are very trustworthy...they know.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

2. Remove Ads

I may be stating the obvious, but something to also consider are garage door openers. This is one of my wife's favorite pet peeves about me, but I refuse to let up.

Her car has the embedded, programmable type which I WILL NOT enable. I went out and bought key chain openers to ensure that they are always with our car keys and NOT in the car.

A garage door opener in your vehicle (locked or not) provides easy access for Mr./Mrs. BG.

Agree on locking cars, doors, lights, and staying inside unless extenuating circumstances require otherwise (livestock, etc.). Just remember, turning dogs loose can also have bad repercussions if someone gets inadvertently injured, a dog gets injured or lost, or the dog runs into a skunk. The skunk is probably the worst.

My wife lived in a small town in Kansas with a State Mental Institution on the out-skirts of town - the farmers around the Institution all left their cars and trucks unlocked, a key in the ignition, and $5 on the dash. Simpler times, but most wanted to get the car back in a day or two rather than confront someone at the door that wanted the keys. Of course, that was old-time Kansas and the attitudes changed with the murder of the Clutter Family, chop-shops, meth and the like.

My dogs wake me up a couple times a week. Most of the time it's coyotes. I usually let the two aggressive ones out and then follow. I live way out in the county though. The next biggest threat is a meth head but it seems that they do most of their stealing in the daytime. Only a couple of times have there been people poking around where they don't belong. We live way off the road, so someone back here is not usually just lost. The last time 911 was called they said " do you really want us to send someone out?"
    There's something happening here
    What it is ain't exactly clear
    There's a man with a gun over there
    Telling me I got to beware

You went outside to investigate, and admittedly didn't execute a proper search of the property.

Has it occurred to you this activity is above your pay grade?

If you don't have the skills to do it correctly, you risk a whole more than feeling stupid. If you intend to engage in personal protection work, get trained.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links