Why carry at home?

This is a discussion on Why carry at home? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I personally choose not to. My reasoning is that I like to be totally comfortable and relax. I have a firearm within reach in all ...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Why carry at home?

I personally choose not to. My reasoning is that I like to be totally comfortable and relax. I have a firearm within reach in all rooms, and the wife shoots as well as I do.

Now, at night, I make sure only one easily breachable lock is secured, and hope that a criminal picks my house instead of the widow womans house down the road, or some other helpless victim.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    Whether I carry at home are not a decision you can agree with or not.
    I disagree, others can agree or not with your decision. The point is that their agreement or disagreement is absolutely irrelavent to you and how you will conduct yourself at your home - as it should be.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    How about this? I carry when I do because I don't always trust my risk- assessment skills.

You are still missing the point. Whether I carry at home are not a decision you can agree with or not. It's personal risk management.
    Am I? Or are you missing your point. Why do you give your opinion on whether or not the "Possible" statistics that "Others" "Might" use are worth following or not????
    Isn't that "not a decision you can agree with or not. It's personal risk management." Yet you still let fly with your personal views/comments...

I am just doing the same thing, but since I do not agree with you, you believe "I" am missing the point.

Shh, hold on, I understand you want to reply but isn't this (as you said) "not a decision you can agree with or not. It's personal risk management."

Sled

I carry in my home, i do because no one has ever given me a reason for not to carry in my home. What is the B.S.o.A motto?
    A armed person is a citizen-An unarmed person is a future victim.

Yep.......really would be happy being the guy with a safe full of guns that becomes a home invasion victim....yeh...I wanna be THAT guy !!!

You are still missing the point. Whether I carry at home are not a decision you can agree with or not. It's personal risk management.
    Yep Risk management...You have Home insurance, car insurance, life insurance, an alarm system, a dog. Should I go on. If you live in a 700k home, your risk is going to be higher. Remember a bear doesnt crap in its own cave, they go out to do that. Risk is something you take on the moment you walk out the door. Your EDC is insurance, you should have it on all the time. If you choose not to carry at home thats your choice, some feel better about having that LITTLE bit of Insurance on them...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Links