One which I haven't seen posted before.

This is a discussion on One which I haven't seen posted before. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My daughter called last night to say that someone had walked into a Kroger Store that she had left just minutes before. He was wearing ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: One which I haven't seen posted before.

My daughter called last night to say that someone had walked into a Kroger Store that she had left just minutes before. He was wearing some kind of mask and started spraying something around from a garden sprayer He ran out of the store and sped away on a motor scooter. What do you do in this situation if you are in the store and carrying? My first inclination would be to try and exit the store before calling 911.

But, what do you do if he should advance on you and try to spray you. You have no way of knowing if he is just some kook spraying water around or a terrorist spraying anthrax or worse. I think it would be a difficult decision.

Move away quickly. Run. That is all I have to say.

Agreed. Heavy cloth over face and get the heck out of dodge, breathing as shallow as possible.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

I would probably fear for my life. The rest is history

Senior Moderator
    I'd call dispatch, inform them of the situation, ask for assistance, follow him and if possible, knock him off of his motor scooter, stick my .45 between his eyes and say "Sir, you are under arrest for using a product that is inconsistent with its labeling" while I was cuffing him. We could sort out the details at the station.

If he advanced on me, I'd say something to the effect that bringing a spray can to a gun fight is not healthy.

In todays day and age, such antics are not appreciated and could be downright deadly for the idiot that does it.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    The scooter only goes about 20 mph catch up and get him with the door

Just kidding

Call 911 and be a good witness

hmmm.......

Senior Moderator
    As a civilian? Get out. Every place has a back door.

So what was it? What was he spraying?

VIP Member
    If he's toe-to-toe with me and sprays me, I would likely not even consider responding with lethal force. My response would likely be violent, but not lethal.

Three days later if I'm laying dying from some funky disease, I'll probably regret not whacking him, but that's probably how it would go down.

If he had some acid and was spraying people id shoot his ass and deal with it. That stuff has been used before and has disfigured victims

I would think that a guy with a garden sprayer would be pretty obvious. He would not be getting near me.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I think the fact that a person is spraying the substance is getting in the way of the proper reaction. Take him out of it and what do we have? An unexpected release of an unknown substance/chemical. In an industrial setting if a pipe broke and this happened, you would get away as fast as possible, get to fresh air and possibly decontaminate (shower/hose/etc.). If you were walking down an aisle at the same Kroger and an aerosol can ruptured releasing it's contents, you would get as far away as possible, get to fresh air and possibly decontaminate. That is basic safety. The fact that it is a person causing the release only increases the likelihood that the chemical is dangerous as you would assume intent to harm. In the words of King Arthur "Run away! Run away!"
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

I just spoke with my daughter again, and she hasn't heard anything ore since last night, but I did get a little more info. The guy was chased out of the parking lot and hit by a car as he exited. Like I said, I'd try and get away, but I'm an old fart with arthritic knees, so I wouldn't out run him.

VIP Member
    Keep distance. Cover face. If he gets too close plus there is some real sense of harmful intent, not some clown trying to spray perfume or blow bubbles, either run or kick him back. There is just not enough information (even if threatening words are being uttered) on which to assume that you are under a lethal or severely harmful threat.

As for anthrax, it ain't going to happen. That is right at the bottom of any list of possible real life threats in a scene like that one. There is no way for a disorganized non-scientist non-worker in a specialized laboratory could get there hands on the stuff or any biological agent whatsoever.

What I would fear is not poison, but caustics or acids which could burn the skin.

If I am alone RUN If I am with kids Pick them up and run, If I am with my wife Follow her running........ If my exit is blocked by him in any situation try to knock him down while running....... Call 911 from out side, I can not see spending the time to draw (who the heck know what that stuff is; just get a way and get your loved ones away)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links