CTRT...

This is a discussion on CTRT... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Who gets to be the angel of death?...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CTRT...

Who gets to be the angel of death?

2. Remove Ads

Excellent idea. We're installed a turret in our church behind the Arc of the Covenant (we'll have 2 deacons armed with semi auto M4s), 8 members of the choir have FN PS90s (5.7MM semi auto PDWs) under their robes, and we're installing ejection seats in the pews. The organ player will head up the Hostage Rescue Team.

Quote Originally Posted by carguy2244 View Post
    Excellent idea. We're installed a turret in our church behind the Arc of the Covenant (we'll have 2 deacons armed with semi auto M4s), 8 members of the choir have FN PS90s (5.7MM semi auto PDWs) under their robes, and we're installing ejection seats in the pews. The organ player will head up the Hostage Rescue Team.
    he he hee
    One more step and it's on!

Hey you drop the holy water and put your hands out where I can see them.
    One more step and it's on!

Ever wondered why the Crossbreed Supertuck has crosses on the belt clips? It's my sunday-go-to-meetin' holster. I am my churches CTRT, they just don't know it.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandBob View Post
    There have been some really good points here.

I guess I'll need to re evaluate my position as the precision shooter up behind the sound man in the balcony.There have been a few issues, the loud music sometime interferes with my tactical headset. I thought maybe I could take care of that with my palm mike, but that only seemed to make it louder.Every now and then the feedback from being in such close proximity to some of the mikes would result in a loud screech that could be heard throughout the whole church. It was quite annoying at times.

I need to show this thread to my Pastor so that he can talke away some ideas from it.I really do think we need to rethink the way we do things. I've said all along that the MP'5s we kept slung across our backs presented the wrong image to new comers.At least the response group listened to me when I mentioned hearing protection, it wasn't long until we upgraded to the MP5SD3's.

Also... some of the new comers were alarmed when they spotted the muzzle break of my M8A1 Barrett covering the whole congregation. I thought that I had camouflaged it well enough with the wiring from the sound console, but some movement must have given me away. I've been thinking of downgrading to a Remington in .338 Lapua since it was pointed out that an errant round might bust the Baptistry and whoever might be kneeling at the altar could possibly drown.

As for the box of flash bangs beside me, that could be dropped on the heads of someone intent to doing no good, I thought it was a good idea too... right up until kids from a visiting church that were competing in the Bible quiz started chunking them at each other. It was OK until the pastors wife walked in an someone messed up her new hairdo. That caused a scene that I would rather not have to do over and a sight that I would rather not have to remember. She is an otherwise attractive woman, but when that flash bang went off in her hair...well...lets just say that it's going to be awhile before the hair on the left side of her head grows back and the stitches that are holding her ear on finally dissolve.

There are many things to consider when initiating a response team for the church. There are many possible scenarios that must be adequately addressed and lots of unforeseen circumstances, like the time that Jim Bob dropped his MP5SD3 and it went off full auto. Luckily it only hit the church bell, but the bell being clanged at that odd time of day bought all 3 city fire Dept's to the church, complete with lights and sirens which wasn't a bad thing, except that when Truck No. 3 ran from the North-side of town, it accidentally ran over the Mayors dog. He was not happy about that and the Pastor of the church was somewhat embarrassed when he explained that it was just a "false alarm". The only reason that he didn't get a cite for a false alarm was that the Sheriff is also member of our church and was able to talk the Fire Chief out of it..and most of us suspect that was only because he invited him to the next potluck dinner.

I'm going to point this thread out to my Preacher so that we can rethink some of our tactics. I appreciate the advice and insights provided here.

There are just so many issues that one can not really plan for,like the one time I was lugging that .50 BMG up the stairs. Doing it evry Sunday Morning, Sunday Night and Wednesday night was a chore. I nearly threw my back out of place when I accidentally jammed the muzzle break right into the posterior of the Choir Director as she was going up the stairs and she took off running...right off of the balcony. I had to drop the gun and catch her before she went over. I barely made it. I haven't got over that back injury yet. My chiropractor, (also a member) says that if she would have weighed maybe 200 pounds less, my injury wouldn't have taken so long to heal up and my hearing hasn't returned to normal yet.

There are lots of things to think about when setting up the Church Swat Team. By far, the best thing about it is the "working dinners" that go with it. Sometimes though, it can be pretty tedious.

I wish you luck.
    Ahhh I see Gecko45 is back!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links