Justified Homicide in Marital Affair?

This is a discussion on Justified Homicide in Marital Affair? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by First Sgt Reminds me of the Salesman Hubby that came home early one afternoon, heard a noise upstairs in the bedroom, eased ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Justified Homicide in Marital Affair?

Quote Originally Posted by First Sgt View Post
    Reminds me of the Salesman Hubby that came home early one afternoon, heard a noise upstairs in the bedroom, eased up the stairs and cracked the door...lo and behold his nextdoor neighbor was there, taking care of business with his wife. The hubby slipped to the hall closet, grabbed the shotgun, eased back to the bedroom door, opened it, and shot his neighbor. In court, soon thereafter, the judge asked the hubby how he wanted to plead...Hubby says, "Your Honor, I am guilty, but I was a sportsman about it"...The judge, a bit confused, said, "What do you mean you were a sportsman about it"? Hubby smiled and said..."Your Honor, I hit him on the rise!!" Kinda sums it up for me...
    OK since this is obviously going to be a humor thread until the mods close it down, I got as far as the guy in the closet and it reminded me of the saying, "Anythings possible, except gettting dressed quietly in a closet with a pocket full of change."

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    If you shot an unarmed husband who was irate because he caught you nailing his wife, you would probably be charged with murder. I would expect the jury to compromise on a manslaughter conviction.

Takes some Gonads to shoot a man while your nailing his wife. that is just wrong on so many levels
    Great privilege comes with great responsibility.

VIP Member
    He had better be armed and you had better be bleeding if you don't want to go to prison.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Quote Originally Posted by jbr View Post
    Takes some Gonads to shoot a man while your nailing his wife. that is just wrong on so many levels
    +1 I just have to agree, never should have been in the situation.
    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back."
    Captain Malcom Reynolds "Firefly"

When you do wrong, whatever befalls you as a result is the price you have to pay. Shoot the guy? How about begging for forgiveness?

Won't you gimme three steps, gimme three steps mister, gimme three steps towards the door.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I wouldn't have burst in and beat you with my fists; I'd have just burst in, shot you and moved on.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Rogers View Post
    If you shot an unarmed husband who was irate because he caught you nailing his wife, you would probably be charged with murder. I would expect the jury to compromise on a manslaughter conviction.
    +1.

It really isn't funny.... and people shouldn't make assumptions......

I'm single and was going out with this one woman, and on about the 8th -10th date she said something that really caught me weird, and I probed about that comment until she admitted to me ..... she was married. She had been telling me the entire time she was single, and there was no reason to doubt her.

The "other" guy, may not know ... he's "the other guy".

I'm always amazed anyway, blame the one that's married to you...... they are the one who cheated on you, not the other person.

If some buy busted in with a gun in his hand, and I didn't have any idea who he was, I would be totally justified in shooting him.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by nutz4utwo View Post
    Last I checked, having an affair is not illegal
    In Alabama it's a misdemeanour

I know, not your point just wanted to be "that guy"
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    ----
    If not me, then who?

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    If your messing with a married woman, you deserve to get your a$$ kicked. Don't mess around with married women.

VIP Member
    A guy stuck his head into a barber shop and asked, "How long before I can get a haircut?"

The barber looked around the shop full of customers and said, "About two hours."

The guy left.

A few days later the same guy stuck his head in the door and asked, "How long before I can get a haircut?" The barber looked around at the shop and said," About three hours."

The guy left.

A week later the same guy stuck his head in the shop and asked, "How long before I can get a haircut?"
    The barber looked around the shop and said, "About an hour and a half."

The guy left.

The barber turned to a friend and said, "Hey, Bill, do me a favor. Follow that guy and see where he goes. He keeps asking how long he has to wait for a haircut, but then he doesn't ever come back.

"A little while later Bill returned to the shop, laughing hysterically. The barber asked, "So where does that guy go when he leaves?"

Bill looked up, tears in his eyes from laughter and said,

"Your house."
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

3D
    So . . martino, you ain't plannin' sumpthin' an' just checkin' the temperature of the waters are ya??

I noticed you ain't been back here for over 23hrs now.

EDIT: corrected time.
    "It is easier to resist at the beginning than at the end"____Leonardo da Vinci 1452-1519

In Texas you can't use force in a situation where you provoked the attack.

(4) if the actor provoked the other's use or attempted use of
    unlawful force, unless:
    I would venture to say that sleeping with someones wife in their bed is provocation. Of course you have to look at the scenario this way. Your in bed with no clothes on and the husband comes home. If he is a daily carrier your probably going to get shot before you can get to your pants. Just something to keep in mind.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Martino,

I learned two weeks ago upon my need to visit MS that they have on the books an exclusion to homicide as being justifiable if a person while in the heat of passion kills another.

As well in my own state of residence (MA) where adultery is in the statute as being unlawful; Depending on conditions (where are you located; A motel(neutral), your home or the attackers home) you per se as the 'victim' _could_ (not guaranteed would) have some ground to stand on as related to defense of self being lawful in immediate threat counteraction.

Reference your own state laws for more on this.
    Like most everything else in relation to life, living and law...It likely is not generic as a position but rather specific to state laws and possibly even local bylaws.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links