Blocked on Bridge or Dont Honk

This is a discussion on Blocked on Bridge or Dont Honk within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The police said that there was not much they could do at that point. Bull crap. With the plate and vehicle, and personnel descriptions, they ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blocked on Bridge or Dont Honk

The police said that there was not much they could do at that point.
    Bull crap. With the plate and vehicle, and personnel descriptions, they could look them up and pay them a visit at home.

But I'm sure the LEOs had more important things to chase after.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

2. Remove Ads

25 or 30 years ago we would have been boxing in the middle of the street! ahhhh the good old days! All balls and no brains!

Now...If I could not drive away. Call 911 and draw my 1911! If they bust the window I would certainly consider that a deadly threat and take appropriate action!
    USMC 1984-1992
    To err is human.
    To forgive is divine.
    Neither of which is Marine Corps policy.

"It's all about shot placement."- David (Slayer of Goliath)

Quote Originally Posted by Phillep Harding View Post
    "Look bored. Insert earplugs and don ear muffs. Put hand on gun (out of sight). Wait."
    One of those sig sauer hats with the built in ear plugs would be perfect.

http://www.1stclassfirearms.com/imag...l/DCP_2920.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by nhcruffler View Post
    They did call 911 but the cops "lost the blazer" and said that they really could not do anything.
    Nice to know drunk driving isn't on their list of priorites any more. (Note: my comment is focused on the second 1/2 of their response.)
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

I think your son and his friends handled it well. Worst case, the car they were in could have been a very effective weapon in itself.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I have a 6000 pound pickup truck with a bull bar on the front, no guns or fists needed I'd tell those boys move your butts and that blazer before I do.

IMO, good job staying the car; call 911, speakerphone or narrate what's happening with the dispatcher; also most cell phones have camera/video functions; this was the first thing that ran across my mind- video or snap a couple of pics of what they're doing. Even if it's a few seconds worth. This might be enough to deter them, and if they continue to press the issue, then you have something other than 'misinterpretations' of their intentions to 'talk things out' to show. If the glass breaks then you're in danger; car becomes a ram, and then firearm, or whatever is necessary to get away. Keep in mind that they know they have you pinned, so they're intentionally cornering your nephew and friends......I know I wasn't there, but I say again, the first thing i thought of was to record video of their actions. JMO.
    funwitHK
    Aim Low, don't be Disappointed, and Reach your Goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    Have someone else in the car call 911. Stay in the vehicle, OC in one hand, other hand on my gun. Escalate as necessary to meet the level of force exhibited.

Provide defensive driving lessons for the girl.
    +1. make sure doors are locked, windows up. If they break the window I will consider myself in mortal danger and will respond accordingly.
    How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual; as a trustworthy & productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised and taken care of.
    Suzanna Hupp

The totality of the circumstances?

CRIMES Chapter 776
    JUSTIFIABLE USE OF FORCE

776.013 Home protection; use of deadly force; presumption of fear of death or great bodily harm.ó
    (1) A person is presumed to have held a reasonable fear of imminent peril of death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another when using defensive force that is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm to another if:
    (a) The person against whom the defensive force was used was in the process of unlawfully and forcefully entering, or had unlawfully and forcibly entered, a dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle, or if that person had removed or was attempting to remove another against that personís will from the dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle; and
    (b) The person who uses defensive force knew or had reason to believe that an unlawful and forcible entry or unlawful and forcible act was occurring or had occurred.

Bold is mine. Florida has the mother of all Castle Doctrine and Stand Your Ground law. It is not necessary to wait for entry to be gained. So the amount of force being used on the windows is the crux of the matter. Side glass is not as tough as windshields. But with a bare hands attack on the windows, as opposed to boots or bludgeons, a deadly force defense prior to the glass breaking would still be a hard sell.

There is no mention if she did a 911 on these under age drinkers... one hit to the po po and they go by by.... Under age drinking, DUI, driving in the break down lane, disorderly, yep long time.....

In the car, 911 if they break the glass they are in for the beating of their short life, first I pepper spray them into a weeping pile, if they continue to be frisky, I zip tie them up like a couple of punks waiting for their mommy to come pick them up....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Quote Originally Posted by sigmanluke View Post
    I don't know much about Fl. law, but if that happened here in Utah, I would show the bullies that I am armed. In Utah that is legal, and does not equal escalation.
    How do you show them that you are armed while sitting in your car without drawing and pointing it at them? I suppose you could dangle it by the grip and point to it with a grin on your face, but that doesn't seem likely to happen...
    "In a world of compromise, some don't." -HK

well, in my old car they'd have been in trouble, 72 dodge dart, built like a tank, ram directly at wheels and the blazer would move. Plus, back in my Teen days, as a huge James Bond fan, I uh, modified that car with a can of BearGuard 15% pepper spray fogger mounted to the firewall and a couple of hoses leading to the wheel wells, poked out just above the tires, never used it for anything serious, but worked GREAT when I tested it. :-)These days, car has an Airbag, I'd be leary of ramming the car because of it, however I'd most likely draw my gun, at the least 911 and pepper spray ready.
    A 1911 is Not an obsession, it's simply a recognition that it's THE Gun. :-) All others are runner ups. And hey, if all else fails, aim for the nose and fling it to knock out your foe. Let's see y'all do that with a kel-Tec. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by nhcruffler View Post
    So, to now press the question. What would you do if you got in the same situation ? Can not back up or go around. Two hostile punks punching your window telling you that they are going to kick your behind?
    I draw my weapon but do not display it until the barrier between us is breached, at which time I defend myself to the degree the criminals' actions require. Their call, on when it all stops.

I'd do much as your son did: stay put. His thinking is much what goes through my head each time some hot-head wanker decides to blow sideways near me. It's almost never worthwhile to puff the chest and open the door. With decades of such situations behind me, I have yet to see it end well for the idiot exiting the car.

In the long run, such idiots as the pushy driver will find that such harsh treatment of everyone around her is going to get her in trouble someday. It's going to hurt badly, I predict. I'm patient. 'Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by sentioch View Post
    How do you show them that you are armed while sitting in your car without drawing and pointing it at them? I suppose you could dangle it by the grip and point to it with a grin on your face, but that doesn't seem likely to happen...
    Pointing a drawn sidearm in any direction away from the aggressors would equal avoiding pointing it at them. In a state that fully backs a citizen's distinction between being seen to be armed and being seen to actually respond to and engage aggressors, I might well do the same thing. But I've still got the barrier (the car) between them and me. I might well simply arm myself and await the outcome. Simpler, safer, can't be construed as unwarranted escalation, etc.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sentioch View Post
    I nearly always OC so it's fairly easy to get the aggressive dirt bag's attention to it, as well as loudly vocalizing that I'm armed and prepared to use deadly force if necessary.

ccw9mm's response is another viable option.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    I think the problem is they were probably cockeyed so there was not room on either side to actually go around. That's the impression I get anyway.

^^^^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^

Thats the way I took it also.

And further, correct me if I'm wrong, but I could have swore the OP said the son was NOT in possesion of his pistol, even though he was a ccw holder.
    If so, everyone saying they'd get their hands on their firearm, had better come up with a better idea.

Me , myself and Irene,
    The girl would not have been driving..

Under the circumstances I think they did alright, and hopefully in the future they will not find themselves in that predicament.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links