Shotgun blast, teacher robbed in classroom tonight - Page 2

Shotgun blast, teacher robbed in classroom tonight

This is a discussion on Shotgun blast, teacher robbed in classroom tonight within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Sticks then filed away for a very long time for making the lawmakers soil their panties. (I have often contemplated how walking ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    then filed away for a very long time for making the lawmakers soil their panties.
    (I have often contemplated how walking up behind a group of lawyers, law makers, and judges and screaming "POLICE! FREEZE!" would work out. Bet nine out of ten of them would turn to see what was going on and thus be "good shoots" if a police officer was doing the screaming.)

Quote Originally Posted by 9c4me View Post
    I think maybe KTCameraman didn't catch that this was a staged scenario by the instructors in a police academy classroom. The bad guy was an officer in disguise wearing a wig and baggy clothes, he was in and out of the room in probably 10 seconds so yes there were some differences in what each of us saw, or thought we saw.
    Yeah, I did misunderstand that part. Sorry to dumb up the thread, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by 9c4me View Post
    I'd never heard of it until our neighborhood association sent out a notice, highly recommended if your city offers it and you even think you have an interest. 2 hrs. for 6 or 7 nights and half/day Sat., and it's free.
    NCPAA_Welcome or search Citizens Police Academy for your city.
    Tried to get some friends to commit but none did- now that they hear how interesting, informative and fun it is every night they regret not signing up. Tonight's my ride-along in a patrol car and tomorrow 4 hrs. at the police pistol range, we get to put a few rounds downrange after a firearms safety class and there will be demonstrations by the SWAT team and bomb squad.
    Wow this sounds really fun. Your lucky they offer something this detailed. Is it open to the general public, or do you have to have contacts/pull?

just found this

The FBI runs Citizen Academies out of all their field offices. Open to "Civic leaders".

FBI — Citizens' Academies

Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    Wow this sounds really fun. Your lucky they offer something this detailed. Is it open to the general public, or do you have to have contacts/pull?
    It's open to anyone that wanted to attend, 60 people registered and about 40 of us made it to graduation a week later. It was an interesting, informative and at times adrenalin-filled week, it's been much more fun than I anticipated.
    Saturday's agenda was at the Police range for presentations by the SWAT team and bomb squad, getting to see all their equipment, then we headed out to the range. Everyone got to shoot 10 rounds with a G17 (my particular instructor had a Gen4) and most in our class had never shot a gun before. A few of us willing to tough out the rain stayed out and got to shoot an M4 and HK MP-5 full auto. A few officers stayed out in the pouring rain after to keep practicing with their G17s.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links