My thursday night, 3/10/2011

This is a discussion on My thursday night, 3/10/2011 within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; OK let me say that it appeared to began as a normal night for me; the house was secured, the boys are in bed asleep ...

Thread: My thursday night, 3/10/2011

My thursday night, 3/10/2011

OK let me say that it appeared to began as a normal night for me; the house was secured, the boys are in bed asleep and the wife and I are settling into bed getting ready to watch a movie when I sense that something is not right.

I think I hear the garage door opening. Now my ears are really tuned in and yes I hear it stop. So I roll out of bed on high alert and in one fell swoop pick up my PT-101 off the nightstand along with a spare 15rd mag.

Now the wife is looking at me like I've lost it till I tell her to get the boys and stay locked in the closet and call 911 from the cellphone in there. We have rehearsed and she gets right to it.

A quick press check to verify I have a loaded firearm and it is time to investigate and take up a position were I can cover the locked door to the garage and trap anyone who may breach said door in a fatal funnel. When I got downstairs I could see the garage light coming in around the perimeter of the door.

I thought to myself why aren't the dogs making a racket since they are outside? Then I don't know why but I opened the door and took a look to the left as I stepped through it. Time all of a sudden slowed to almost a stand still as all at once I notice a silhouette of a female outside the opened passenger side door of my expedition. I had her instantly painted with my sights.

While still outside she was a threat but that little voice inside kept saying not yet, don't pull the trigger. Suddenly she looks my way and her eyes get big and panic sets in as she starts the oh crap dance left and right. Out of instinct I yell at the top of my lungs "FRRREEEEEEEEEEZZZZZEEEEEEEE". Then all of a sudden..........................................

My wife is shaking me awake asking whats wrong, are you OK??????????????

I finally snap to and get out that I'm OK, look at the clock and notice it's 2:31am. We sit up and talk about it for a few minutes then retire once again for the night. Well at least she did, I had an adrenaline dump and just stared at the ceiling the rest of the night.

Just thought over and over that it was smart to grab a spare magazine but utterly stupid to not only open a secure door but then to step squarely on the X...........what was I thinking? Sometimes life just puts you into the simulator without you knowing so it can drive home a point in a safe environment.

2. Remove Ads

So did ya have an ND with the remote?

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    Hopefully you didn't pick the PT-101 off the nightstand along with a spare 15rd mag while you were actually in your dream. That could get real bad in a hurry.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

Quote Originally Posted by Bill MO View Post
    Hopefully you didn't pick the PT-101 off the nightstand along with a spare 15rd mag while you were actually in your dream. That could get real bad in a hurry.
    Yeah, Ambien & Lunesta are bad that way.

Trick is to learn something from your dream, and figure out why the ceiling is never there.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

You might be spending too much time on this forum if................

Quote Originally Posted by jwarren View Post
    ^^^^^THIS^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by jwarren View Post
    No really, do you think 18 hours a day is too much? I mean I sleep the other 6 so that should help right?

I've usually have some pretty wild dreams every month, this one just hit me out of nowhere though.

Links