You walk out of Walmart. - Page 3

You walk out of Walmart.

This is a discussion on You walk out of Walmart. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sad but true. What we got here is a real BUFF Originally Posted by Cabreco Once they are CC, they are now guardians of the ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: You walk out of Walmart.

Sad but true. What we got here is a real BUFF

Quote Originally Posted by Cabreco View Post
    Once they are CC, they are now guardians of the law
    and can and will deal with any inequities or violence
    or potential violence around them... LOL

CCW Man!
    Fights the unending battle for truth, justice, and the American way.
    One more step and it's on!

Quote Originally Posted by paullie View Post
    That sounds just like me and one of my kids, she's half black and i'm 6'5" 300 lbs and all sorts of tats and white as you can get (meaning she looks nothing like me at all) and you could swear that i must be kidnappin her the way we play around sometimes, kindda scary
    Thanks for the response and for helping illustrate my point that what you think you see isn't always what's taking place. Another scenario is where you see a rough looking character with a gun pointed at an individual. Feeling that you should intervene in an obvious armed robbery, you pull your gun and fire. Later you learn that you just shot an undercover cop arresting a drug dealer. "Ooooops, my bad" doesn't fly in court.

Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    Given the described scenario in the opening post, and not bothering to read all the replies, I would summon the local authorities and provide what assistance I could in the manner of vehicle descriptions and possible criminal actors descriptions.

Notice the word "possible" here folks. I don't know what's going on, and I sure as heck am not going to interject myself in to such a situation. Very little seperates the "hero" from the "zero".

Biker
    Once again, you make perfect sense. If anyone here is going to take anything from this, take the words above to heart.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Once again, you make perfect sense. If anyone here is going to take anything from this, take the words above to heart.
    Thank you sir.

Biker
    Harryball likes this.

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    False Alarm - Fox News Video - FoxNews.com

I call 911 and observe,it could be a hoax like this.
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Dripster's cartoon, unfortunately, sums up my opinion of a few of the forum members who populate this forum and others. I am convinced they are in the ultimate minority and even then some just like to talk a lot while sitting at their computers but have no intention of walking that same walk.
    I also have difficulty understanding where many of you live where your Walmarts seem to be the hotbeds of everything wrong in this country and the preferred location for every felon and misfit in this country. Methinks a "piling on" mentality takes place as one after another tends to reaffirm half truths. Yes, Walmart is not Beverly Hills or Rodeo Drive shopping and, as in any busy reasonably priced market, attracts many different people, but I have never come close to witnessing or being part of anything relating to the real or fantasy Walmart stories on this forum.

I agree wholeheartedly. The fact that some people in here come up with scenario after scenario is intriguing. It is like they are waiting for something to pop off so they can clear leather. I for one do not have that much time on my hands where I can think of each and every scenario and post it on an online forum.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Dripster's cartoon, unfortunately, sums up my opinion of a few of the forum members who populate this forum and others. I am convinced they are in the ultimate minority and even then some just like to talk a lot while sitting at their computers but have no intention of walking that same walk.
    I also have difficulty understanding where many of you live where your Walmarts seem to be the hotbeds of everything wrong in this country and the preferred location for every felon and misfit in this country. Methinks a "piling on" mentality takes place as one after another tends to reaffirm half truths. Yes, Walmart is not Beverly Hills or Rodeo Drive shopping and, as in any busy reasonably priced market, attracts many different people, but I have never come close to witnessing or being part of anything relating to the real or fantasy Walmart stories on this forum.
    One more step and it's on!

[QUOTE=kelcarry;1892856]Dripster's cartoon, unfortunately, sums up my opinion of a few of the forum members who populate this forum and others.
    Quote Originally Posted by dripster View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly. The fact that some people in here come up with scenario after scenario is intriguing. It is like they are waiting for something to pop off so they can clear leather.
    Thank God the voice of reason & sanity appears.
    Funny thing is they can run scenario after scenario on paper or in their minds, but should the situation ever occur, one cannot ever predict your reaction. You can just hope you do right.
    I personally conceal carry. My weapon does not peek out, or accidentally show. Hell my wife asks me sometimes if I am carrying. To me, and to a lot of members, it's a tool, like a pen.
    You should be carrying to protect you & yours when all else fails. Remember, we live in a world where a burglar who falls down the steps of your home while robbing you will sue you...& win!
    Temperance!

Several things come to mind.
    Vicarious experience can be beneficial, if kept in perspective.
    There are no absolutes, but generally speaking, past performance equals future performance.
    Flexibility is an attribute not often mentioned.
    Reality often exposes unpleasant truths.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    Thank you sir.

Biker
    Its hard to put into text what some of the members feel when they strap on a gun for the first time. They feel empowered and believe that they can do more than they should. Im not saying not to be an asset to society, but you beter know dam well what your getting into. A active mall shooter and you are the only one with a chance, you make the call, but as bikerRN has put it time and time again. If your not a LEO, rushing in is the wrong thing to do. Your welcome sir.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Scenarios give us an opportunity to think about what we might do in a similar situation. Thinking now beats having to come up with a plan of action off the cuff in a bad situation. There is enough variety in the imaginations of some posters to think about the nuances of each situation.

Feedback from other forum members may, by example, tone down the real life responses of some of those who think they should brandish their CCW badge, sash, or lapel pin while trying to "fight for truth, justice, and the American way."
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Well put, Oak.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links