Answer the door...

This is a discussion on Answer the door... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i all ways take a gun when i go to my door....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Answer the door...

i all ways take a gun when i go to my door.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    i answer my door with a .45 in my waistband or in my hand behind my back, noone gets the door opened without a gun in my hand or moms hand. Mom actually knows the drill so well one night i came back to get my phone after i left for work and opened the front door. Alarm went off and I see mom in the dining room coming towards the door with her .38 out and the laser on pointed at the door. Obviously I yelled its me once I got the alarm off and she put the gun away but I was very proud of her for her reaction. We also agreed on leaving the alarm off for 30 minutes after one of us leaves so it dosen't accidentally get set off again
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Gun in hand always. My family/friends know to call first or they will see my weapon. I dont let anybody stop by unnannounced and I dont make a habit of answering the door.
    Glock 36, 30SF, 31, 32, 21 Gen4 - Carry guns
    Ruger Mini-14 and Remington 870 by the bed both wearing Surefire lights.
    Always carry a knife-they are handy to have
    Always carry a reload-You probably won't need it but it is good insurance .
    Always carry a light- To see in the dark

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Hey Y'all: It always comes down to the preeminent defense of them all--situational awareness. In this case, the variables include knowing who is in your neighborhood, knowing your neighbors, seeing who it is with a peep hole or window, and asking for or seeing some form of ID, if indeed, an actual meeting is called for. I find it upsetting to always read about those forum members who are walking around their house with their firearm strapped to their waste and have it at the ready everytime the doorbell rings; I feel sorry that they live in an area where they find this absolutely necessary but will not fault them for either their isolated locale or actual fear of "what if".

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    We also agreed on leaving the alarm off for 30 minutes after one of us leaves so it dosen't accidentally get set off again
    I recommend that you just call her next time you forget something. That's better than leaving the alarm off. The one time you will need that alarm it will be turned off.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Hey Y'all: It always comes down to the preeminent defense of them all--situational awareness. In this case, the variables include knowing who is in your neighborhood, knowing your neighbors, seeing who it is with a peep hole or window, and asking for or seeing some form of ID, if indeed, an actual meeting is called for. I find it upsetting to always read about those forum members who are walking around their house with their firearm strapped to their waste and have it at the ready everytime the doorbell rings; I feel sorry that they live in an area where they find this absolutely necessary but will not fault them for either their isolated locale or actual fear of "what if".
    It is just the world we live in, like it or not.
    Having twice experienced someone trying to gain entry while we were home, we have put certain measures into place.
    Unfortunately, we have to change with our surroundings.
    Life isn't as it should be, it is as it is. It is how we react to to it that makes the difference.

The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links