Answer the door...

This is a discussion on Answer the door... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; We've had several discussions on answering the door... or not... Answering the door armed.... or not.... We don't yet know the full story behind this ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Answer the door...

Answer the door...

We've had several discussions on answering the door... or not... Answering the door armed.... or not....

We don't yet know the full story behind this and may never know... But, if you ever have someone at your door, you might think back on this and re-think your actions before turning the knob.

69 YO man shot after answering the door.
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

2. Remove Ads

I will still answer my door

At the minimum I will still look through the peep hole and ask “who is it?”

"Land shark"

My front door has 4 window panes at the top that I can clearly see who's there. If I know the person I'll answer the door. Anybody else will be told to leave. I don't want to buy cookies, popcorn, vinyl siding or whatever the boy scout or salesperson has on the other side.

If they need help, its probably a ruse because who doesn't have a cell phone? And if its car problems, there is a gas station/full-service repair station 2 blocks up from my house. If some stranger really has some problem other than car stuff, they won't be having me "solve" their problem. It's not my problem and I'm not getting involved to have it become my problem.

Cowardly? Paranoid? Prudent?

I don't care. I'll still be safe and I'm not out there to solve others problems, and they sure as heck aren't bringing it into my home.

I'll answer the door 'cause I can see through the windows at the top.......the trick is getting my young kids to NOT answer the door.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesy_26 View Post
    I'll answer the door 'cause I can see through the windows at the top.......the trick is getting my young kids to NOT answer the door.
    +1. Kids! They ruin every HD plan I have.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

I open my door a crack and have my hand on a .357 in my waistband so if they're gonna try to shoot me they better work on that quick draw I sure work on mine!

VIP Member
    Door video intercom. I've got to get one, I keep preaching about them but haven't got one for us yet.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

3D
    "Knock knock" (actor on outside of door aka: landshark)

"Who's there" (from inside the door)

"Pizza delivery" (landshark then answers)

Then the actor on other side of door would open the door and get eaten (or in this case shot) by the landshark.

I carry while at home. Even so, if you're not family or a person I know, your knock will go ignored . . . but I will be paying attention to you.
    "It is easier to resist at the beginning than at the end"____Leonardo da Vinci 1452-1519

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 3D View Post
    "Knock knock" (actor on outside of door aka: landshark)

"Who's there" (from inside the door)

"Pizza delivery" (landshark then answers)

Then the actor on other side of door would open the door and get eaten (or in this case shot) by the landshark.

I carry while at home. Even so, if you're not family or a person I know, your knock will go ignored . . . but I will be paying attention to you.
    "I'm actually just a dolphin Ma'am".
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Don't answer unless I'm expecting you..................sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    "I'm actually just a dolphin Ma'am".
    Caaaandy gram

Sled

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    Don't answer unless I'm expecting you..................sorry.
    My motto as well.....if you can't call ahead of time, why should I waste my energy on going to the door?
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

Cool

If I am not expecting you we may talk through the door. I can see out my front window who is there and my foyer lights are very bright when I turn them on. The front and back of my house are well lighted in the night hours with motion detection floodlights. There will be weapons near by and my friend pictured below will be there making his presence known.

IMG_1056.jpg
    pinklady likes this.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links