What would you do to defend yourself ? - Page 2

What would you do to defend yourself ?

This is a discussion on What would you do to defend yourself ? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Squirrels attacking the neighborhood??? Now that's the perfect excuse I need to go a buy a new bolt-action .22LR rifle. Nonetheless, I think that in ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: What would you do to defend yourself ?

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    Squirrels attacking the neighborhood??? Now that's the perfect excuse I need to go a buy a new bolt-action .22LR rifle. Nonetheless, I think that in this case the squirrel might've been someone's pet in the past so he lost his fear of humans and he is just trying to play. I say throw some food and let him be the neighborhood pet.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Amateurs.

And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
    JOHNSMITH and ShadeAngel like this.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Anybody remember the network news story long ago about squirrels in NYC finding discarded crack in the parks and getting high? That was funny, I don't care who you are!
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    Taste like chicken. Really good with white gravy

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Anybody remember the network news story long ago about squirrels in NYC finding discarded crack in the parks and getting high? That was funny, I don't care who you are!
    Yeah, I do. It wasnt just NYC either.

Squirrels on Crack | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Squirrels go nuts on crack | The Sun |News
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    Amateurs.

And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
    This has to be the best advice, you never know when you might encounter the deadly vorpal squirrel. (distant cousin of the well known vorpal bunny)
    "You can't shake the devils hand and say you were only kidding"

Quote Originally Posted by alachner View Post
    Squirrels attacking the neighborhood??? Now that's the perfect excuse I need to go a buy a new bolt-action .22LR rifle. Nonetheless, I think that in this case the squirrel might've been someone's pet in the past so he lost his fear of humans and he is just trying to play. I say throw some food and let him be the neighborhood pet.
    Maybe it is a bit of "over-kill" pardon the expression, but my Savage 22 mag rifle with scope works very well for squirrel shooting.
    Single action but what the hey, it is very accurate and it only takes one shot. lol

VIP Member
    Jack Russell Terrier

Or if you like/have room for a larger dog, An Akita.

My Jack Russell,(B4 he ran away) would eat mice/rats, and kill squirrels.

My buddies Akita, would KILL any animal that came into its yard.
    Possums racoons, BIRDS, YES birds, squirrels, any animal, DEAD, and he'd leave it by the corner of the house by the gate, as an offering to my friend, ( I guess)
    .XX likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

1. Bird feeder full of corn hanging on pole.
    2. Trashcan under bird feeder.
    3. 22 rifle and a box of CB shorts.
    4. Comfy chair in the shade & a pitcher of lemonade.

worked wonders when they were overrunning our garden.

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    Some years ago, some squirrels in SO Cal had fleas with plague on them.
    It's endemic. You should always assume a ground squirrel has the plague, especially up near the bay area.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links