Gunfight (video) at Nashville Stop-n-Rob

This is a discussion on Gunfight (video) at Nashville Stop-n-Rob within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; We need to get him some training...because he was just as dangerous as the robbers with the blind spray and pray shooting he fired TWICE ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Gunfight (video) at Nashville Stop-n-Rob

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    We need to get him some training...because he was just as dangerous as the robbers with the blind spray and pray shooting he fired TWICE into the ceiling.....
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

2. Remove Ads

I recall hearing that they do not aim and rely on Alla to guide the bullet.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

These situations are never like you practiced but I don't think he ever did any of that. Having a gun and knowing how to use it is key to survival. He was lucky.
    Member:USCCA, NRA, GOA, WVCDL
    U.S. Navy vet 1955-1959, USS Dashiell DD 659. Glock 19, Ruger LCP, Ruger .357 Mag.
    When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.

I'm gonna P on the parade,those rounds went somewhere,blatantly firing random shots around he is lucky he didn't shoot an innocent person.That guy needs to get some training,he is lucky the BG's didn't want a murder rap,all the bad guy had to do was shoot when brave guy reached for the gun
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Buy a gun and never use it, never practice with it, don't be sure on how it operates...this is what you get.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    I recall hearing that they do not aim and rely on Alla to guide the bullet.
    Well, if that is true then Allah must be blind or at least had a very bad eye infection when that happened
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by TerriLi View Post
    We need to get him some training...because he was just as dangerous as the robbers with the blind spray and pray shooting he fired TWICE into the ceiling.....
    He should apply to join the Cleveland PD. In the local range here, there are two sections... a private police training range and a public range. The private range has more holes in the ceiling than the public.

Since no innocents were harmed, we can say that this was one of those cases where just having a gun and showing it deterred the crime... He certainly didn't "use" the gun at least not for it's intended purpose.... He's no Lance Thomas, that's for sure!

Somebody needs to go offer him training. Gabe or somebody, please... 911, this guy's gonna get hurt one of these times! Heck, he's in the same town as Sabre Tactical.... Maybe Paul could go over....
    BaconHunter likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Sloppy as it was, he did the right thing. I do agree with the fact that some training would go a long way. But, in the situation, you are never quite sure how to react, but practice and training does help. Don't want to start a post war, but here is a perfect example of why you need to have one in the chamber. If the BG's saw him drop the mag, I have a bad feeling it would have ended very differently.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Buy a gun and never use it, never practice with it, don't be sure on how it operates...this is what you get.

Quote Originally Posted by bagged2drag View Post
    Sloppy as it was, he did the right thing. I do agree with the fact that some training would go a long way. But, in the situation, you are never quite sure how to react, but practice and training does help. Don't want to start a post war, but here is a perfect example of why you need to have one in the chamber. If the BG's saw him drop the mag, I have a bad feeling it would have ended very differently.

^^^^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^^^

He definitely was fortunate.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Am I the only one that thinks that maybe the last bad guy out the door actually got hit? It looks like he's limping in the outside security video at the end.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

So, does this go down as one of those situations where a gun didn't have to be used to stop a crime..? After all, the shop clerk didn't actually successfully "use" the gun.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

I like how the news anchor stated that he had been trained on the use of a weapon. Did she see the film?
    Great privilege comes with great responsibility.

TVJ
    Quote Originally Posted by jbr View Post
    I like how the news anchor stated that he had been trained on the use of a weapon. Did she see the film?

Exactly.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
    - Frederic Bastiat

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    He was lucky he wasn't shot at point black when he tried to reach for the gun and was thrown to the ground. Also, it was very risky to discharge 10 rounds like crazy since he could've killed an innocent bystander. Nonetheless, he fought and he deterred the criminals so in the end it all worked out for him.

Perhaps he should take a tactical shooting course and visit the range daily to start working on those 1,000,000,000" groups he was shooting!!!
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links