Gunfight (video) at Nashville Stop-n-Rob - Page 3

Gunfight (video) at Nashville Stop-n-Rob

This is a discussion on Gunfight (video) at Nashville Stop-n-Rob within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by lordhamster He should apply to join the Cleveland PD. In the local range here, there are two sections... a private police training ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Gunfight (video) at Nashville Stop-n-Rob

Quote Originally Posted by lordhamster View Post
    He should apply to join the Cleveland PD. In the local range here, there are two sections... a private police training range and a public range. The private range has more holes in the ceiling than the public.
    You talking about Stonewall?

The store owner may have been sloppy, but I noticed the robbers didn't want to hang around too long to see if he might get lucky.
    bagged2drag likes this.

VIP Member
    Once again this video reinforces the fact...Bad guys are looking for victims, not opponents.
    sigmanluke likes this.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Videos like this are convincing me to carry my G26 more instead of my Seecamp 380,
    Mike

That's a gun battle, not like you see in training videos or TV shows, at ADVANCE levels of training (combat/Tactical)... there's no such thing as a shooting stance as you can notice is this video. if anyone seen the police station shootout you'll notice the same close combat actions.

...training, practice, practice!

Forget training at a tactical class, even going to the frigging range would have been a huge help! He was limp wristing so bad I can't believe the gun cycled. And yes, I caught the mag drop... don't know about them, but if I heard the metallic clank of a mag hit the floor as I bad guy I'd be all over him.

As someone else said, next time someone hits this store I'm worried for this guy. Being on the news and all, people will know he carries! Up north in the country where I live, shop owners keep 12G shotties under the counter. City gang bangers armed & coming north looking for an easy score? It's not gonna take 10 shots...

But seriously, I hope this guy is okay in the future. Good on 'ya for protecting yourself and your store, but he got lucky... very lucky.

See this just proves that once the shtf all that training goes right out the window for some people. At least he got off his shots, word around town is he's armed and not to go back there to rob him.
    One more step and it's on!

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Buy a gun and never use it, never practice with it, don't be sure on how it operates...this is what you get.
    I think a lot of people do that!!! Really

Like it is a magic wand that will help if TSHTF.....

TVJ
    The point of serious, simple, quality FoF training is that it sticks in those situations. You work out those personal bugs during training versus real deal.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
    - Frederic Bastiat

I agree, I applaud him for fighting back, but man that was sloppy. He had to rack the slide when he got up off the ground, looks like it either misfired and he had to rack the slide again at which point he dropped the mag, or in the struggle he dropped the mag and fired leading him to reinsert it and rack the slide again, then later on he has to rack the slide a third time, though I'm not sure because of the scene cut whether that was because of a misfire or reload.

EDIT: Watched the video again and it looks like he definitely dropped the mag, then had to reinsert and rack the slide due to firing the chambered round.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Wow, he couldn't hit the guys from <10ft away with 10 shots?! Very, very poor shooting, gun handling, gun safety/discipline, and decision to carry on an empty chamber. Glad he got lucky and lived but this guy desperately needs some practice and training.

For those who could not get the news report video to work, as was may case, below is a clip of same via YouTube.

Wild Market Shootout Caught On Camera
    YouTube - Market robbery shootout in nashville, TN

All that I see here is a man wildly reacting (not acting) and making poor use of a handgun as though he is minimally trained toward what are the basics; Trigger location, pull to make fire....Fini.

He got lucky is all, plain and simple.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Lets count, dropped mag once, racked Three times...for one mag, shot the ceiling Twice, fired blindly over the isle to many times to count clearly, luckily hit nothing but property and maybe a BG in the leg, in no way used sites or point shooting techniques that I know.
    I swear in part of the shooting his was looking one way and the gun another....
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaTN View Post
    Videos like this are convincing me to carry my G26 more instead of my Seecamp 380,
    Mike
    - The caliber of gun wasn't the store owner's issue. He could have been carrying a Desert Eagle and the results would have been the same.

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post
    - The caliber of gun wasn't the store owner's issue. He could have been carrying a Desert Eagle and the results would have been the same.
    I think he's probably talking about the capacity of his gun, not the caliber. I think.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links