BG's in my barn ! Photo added! - Page 2

BG's in my barn ! Photo added!

This is a discussion on BG's in my barn ! Photo added! within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hmmm. More fun ideas? Rig the doors so you can lock them from the outside, add a skunk or two....

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree101Likes

Thread: BG's in my barn ! Photo added!

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Hmmm. More fun ideas? Rig the doors so you can lock them from the outside, add a skunk or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillep Harding View Post
    Hmmm. More fun ideas? Rig the doors so you can lock them from the outside, add a skunk or two.
    Well now that wouldn't be a very nice thing to do to the LEO's that show up and have to put the BG's in their cruiser when they arrest them.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    Well now that wouldn't be a very nice thing to do to the LEO's that show up and have to put the BG's in their cruiser when they arrest them.
    They could make them walk all the way in front of the car..... cuffed behind their back and a rope tied to them & the car.
    pittypat21 likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    In South Carolina, if you are so inclined, you have every right to make sure they will NEVER return. Personally, "stuff" I have, whether it is in a barn I do not have or in my house, night or day, is insured and is not worth my risking my life confronting someone who may be better trained or better armed than me; that does not mean I cannot confront and do whatever is necessary including yada yada yada. Imminent danger is my watchword and that triggers (pardon the pun) the whole new set of variables and actions. If I read you right, I tend to like your laid back attitude, which is more about curiosity and just stopping people from trespassing than it is about protecting "stuff", which is essentially of little value.
    vca2004 likes this.

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    They could make them walk all the way in front of the car..... cuffed behind their back and a rope tied to them & the car.
    I would put them behind the car. You'll smell them for miles.
    vca2004 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    If I read you right, I tend to like your laid back attitude, which is more about curiosity and just stopping people from trespassing than it is about protecting "stuff", which is essentially of little value.
    Here, I can't kill someone over property theft, so that's out of the equation. My intention is to gather enough information/data to supply the SO so they can make a quick easy felony arrest. For instance, I may have a game cam pic of them, and I might not know who it is, but the SO will figure it out, find out where they live, and take care of it.

If I don't do something to stop this, they'll eventually clean me out of everything up there as they figure out how to sell if for something.

That ain't going to happen !
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

They do make paintball calymores. Just make sure you don't let anyone else in w/o being there or disarming. LEOs would be in a very bad mood if they tripped it while investigating.

Cameras, simple loud alarms, tripwire very bright floodlights...lots of ways to make it fun w/o putting yourself in risk or temptation to handle it yourself.

Heck, add some bigger bait that makes it tempting but near impossible to do a quick removal. A single stick of copper pipe laying against the outside and viewable from where ever their access is, and a few more inside up in the rafters well secured and no ladder available. A bundle of PVC painted correctly maybe? A simple low wattage light (solar powered) above the door indicating that it might be wired again.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

I agree, if possible rig the doors for you to lock from the outside. You'd be the SO's best friend to catch the thieves on camera, plus have them waiting for the law to arrive. Good luck with your campaign.
    May we never forget those in uniform who protect us night and day in lands far away. And those in all wars who paid the supreme sacrifice in defense of our country. May God Bless our Troops and First Responders.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    paintball claymore is a great idea, except in many states booby traps are illegial, if legal in your area, i would SO do that though
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

It's not a booby trap if you forgot to remove it after a game.
    Harryball and larebel like this.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Hey ppk: In South Carolina, the presumption of a felony being committed, particularly at night, can cause a perp to become a non-perp very quickly. Burglary, I believe, is a felony, albeit maybe minor.

VIP Member
    UPDATE:
    Nothing that I know of happened during the weekend. I did buy the uploader for the game cam, but haven't installed it yet. I did hide two game cams in the barn. I talked to an older friend of mine who was raised in this area. I casually asked him did he know the names of the people who live in the house that I suspect, he knew there names, has known of them all of their lives, and immediately added that they are noted thieves. No solid proof yet for me but does confirm my suspicions.

Typical Monday, the detective was busy today and just called to say he'd get with me tomorrow, but would come tonight if I needed him to. Nice guy, I told him it can easily wait til tomorrow. He liked hearing about the game cams already in place. I've already written a statement, drew a map and have all my information in writing. We'll see how tomorrow goes.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Distinguished Member Array pinklady's Avatar
    Good luck I hope you catch the BG's.

I've got to say, PPK, that I'm sorry you have to be going through this, I truly wish you didn't...but...since you do have to deal with it I will say that I haven't been interested in a thread so much in a long time. You sure make for interesting reading with your updates. Get the bums my brother!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Boy View Post
    I've got to say, PPK, that I'm sorry you have to be going through this, I truly wish you didn't...but...since you do have to deal with it I will say that I haven't been interested in a thread so much in a long time. You sure make for interesting reading with your updates. Get the bums my brother!
    Thanks. Yes, I'd rather be doing something else. However, for me, it's a combination of "aggravation and challenge". Nothing may ever come of it, and they may lose interest, but my deer cams can come in handy for something. Well maybe, if they don't get stolen too.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links