BG's in my barn ! Photo added! - Page 3

BG's in my barn ! Photo added!

This is a discussion on BG's in my barn ! Photo added! within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; UPDATE: We got a good break on this yesterday. I know it would be a miniscule chance but I suppose someone could be reading this ...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree101Likes

Thread: BG's in my barn ! Photo added!

VIP Member
    UPDATE:

We got a good break on this yesterday. I know it would be a miniscule chance but I suppose someone could be reading this thread and realizing that they knew the BG's and I don't want the wrong people to know anything at all.

It's going my way though.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    UPDATE:

We got a good break on this yesterday. I know it would be a miniscule chance but I suppose someone could be reading this thread and realizing that they knew the BG's and I don't want the wrong people to know anything at all.

It's going my way though.
    Makes sense - please fill us in when it is over. This is an interesting thread.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

I'm bummed...but I see your point. You will give us a detailed de-briefing when the time is right I trust?

Started reading this thread and its very good. Cant wait to see what you uncover. Good luck on the hunt :D
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

Anxious to hear what happens next! Keep us posted...

VIP Member
    It's boring news but I don't have anything interesting to report. I spent some time poking around up there today and AFAIK they haven't been back, though that doesn't mean much. I'm remaining diligent.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Greedy and dumb. They know there is still a source of cash there. They will eventually be back.

I had a problem with people stealing gas out of our vehicles awhile back. We knew who it was, and that it could only be them. They were only taking a few gallons at a time, and where I live you'd use more getting there than you'd be taking, if you didn't live nearby. Spent a few nights waiting outside with a paintball gun, but never managed to catch em. Haven't had any problems with it since the snow started. Hopefully it stays that way.

I hope you catch these guys and they get what's coming to them. Make a log of everything they've taken, because in most states, once you finally catch them, you can charge them for everything they took, rather than just what they were caught with.

Spidey2011, when my folks had their farm in Missouri they had a situation similar to yours. They got a Collie/German Shepherd mix. They named him King. One night someone tried to siphon gas out of their car. The next morning they found their gas cap open with a hose and a bucket lying next to the car. They also found bits of blood stained fabric. King never made any noise the previous night. They didn't have any more night time visitors. King lived to a ripe old age.
    mano3 likes this.

A few years ago I lived in a house where I had a utility building on the back corner of my yard with a large wood stack next to it. I was over there one day loading up wood on my truck to put in the garage to burn the next couple weeks and found some beer cans, some beer can pot pipes, and some aluminum foil packs and baggie on the ground. My wife freaked thinking someone was hiding there doing drugs in our yard. I told her it had to be the stupid teenage boy next door stealing his step dad's beer and pot and this was a close private place to sneak and do his crap right quick. Only a kid would be stupid enough to leave this stuff in my yard and think I won't find it. So what did I do?

I put a trash can and a stool next to my building and a sign on the side of the building (where the neighbors could read it too) that read, "If you're gonna steal your daddy's beer and pot and do it in my yard, please throw your trash in the can so I won't have to clean up after you."

Surprisingly, I never found anymore trash in my yard and no one ever used the trash can.
    tricolordad and vca2004 like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

I had a problem with gas siphoning many years ago, I installed a new tank with the gas nozzle in the trunk, the original nozzle on the side of the car I attached to a five gallon closed tank. Filled that one with five gallons of gas and 20 pounds of sugar. About a week later, there's my druggie neighbors, on the side of the road, car won't run, a few days later, their truck did the same, then one of their friends cars. Gee, I wonder why?
    A 1911 is Not an obsession, it's simply a recognition that it's THE Gun. :-) All others are runner ups. And hey, if all else fails, aim for the nose and fling it to knock out your foe. Let's see y'all do that with a kel-Tec. ;-)

VIP Member
    We had a group of kids that were drinking in the street after dark in my neighborhood. The next morning while picking up their beer cans, I found a cooler full of about a case of unopened beers, stashed in the woods.

I tooks it (threw the beers out - who drinks Busch light? ;-P), and left a note that said "Ha Ha - I got your beer, you {insert your favorite bad word here}". I have an informant that goes to school with them and learned that this caused a fight among them, and they no longer hang out together. 'Sometimes you get lucky.
    mano3 likes this.

Any updates you can share ppkheat? This thread has provided several great ideas from everybody, and I hope you caught the thieves.

VIP Member
    UPDATES:

I never got any game cam pics, but a neighbor did and I believe that arrests are imminent.

I've picked up a lot of experience with a variety of game cams. Moultrie, Cuddyback, Bushnell, and Wildview. I don't care for Moultries or their uploader. BTW their tech help is in the Philippines.

I put in wireless motion detectors from Dakota Alert. They'd send a wireless signal to a nearby telephone and I programmed it to call my cell phone with an alert message. Not saying they wouldn't come back one day, but the BG's, I think, have moved on to more easy and lucrative pickings.......but their days are numberered (or so I'm told).

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidey2011 View Post
    I had a problem with people stealing gas out of our vehicles awhile back. We knew who it was, and that it could only be them. .
    I had a similar problem. Sugar only clogs things that can be cleaned. I took an old 2 gallon can and "accidentally" left it out in plain sight of the road. It had a half-pint of hydrochloric acid in the bottom. Acid dissolves zinc/pot metal carburetors. The gas thefts on my road stopped, and the suspect's ATV never ran again.

Perhaps you need to change your bait?
    Chaplain Scott and vca2004 like this.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Links