BG's in my barn ! Photo added! - Page 5

BG's in my barn ! Photo added!

This is a discussion on BG's in my barn ! Photo added! within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yaaaaayyyyyyyy!...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree101Likes

Thread: BG's in my barn ! Photo added!

Yaaaaayyyyyyyy!

CONGRATS!

Hope you catch him next time,
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

When I lived in rural Illinois, a couple of meth tweakers went on a 2 state robbing and killing spree. They started in Indiana by shooting and killing a farmer off of his tractor along side of the road. A couple of robberies later, they wound up in a barn very much as you described yours on here. This barn was just up the road from my home. Another neighbor alerted the owner of activity there and they both went to investigate. This was about 7 years ago so bear with my memory here. Either the owner or neighbor was shot and killed and while the survivor took cover, he managed to call 911 after being wounded himself. The local SO deputies arrived and killed one of the tresspassers. The other escaped and before he could be captured killed himself in the middle of an adjoining field.

I do remember that with all of the LE agencies on full alert because of these guys, it still took them 45 minutes to respond to the scene. A state police investigator told me that our area was on a hot list for meth makers/users on a website. This website posts maps of ideal areas to procure ingredients (farm services), locations to cook as well as places to take refuge and hide. While your situation appears to be petty theft, you may well stumble onto a different group of BG's. Be very careful.

db
    Kimber PCII .45
    Springfield XD9mm SC
    Kel-Tech P-11 9mm
    AR-15

Be careful Sir. Sounds like your doing everything right, with necessary caution and patience. In my first threads I started here I outlined my family's life changing events that started with same kind of theft and escalated into relentless harassment of myself, my wife and kids. To the point we have to move. We had only one of the original people arrested which only agitated a couple established lowlife families including one pretty sick convict. The police even changed their focus onto me which caused even further distress. My anger and frustration was misinterpreted I think where I was portrayed as the aggressor by my enemies. All because I refused to be a doormat and openly confronted our attackers. Don't piss off police, I learned that.My point is you gotta live there. Even if they are caught and charged do not do anything to prompt them to seek revenge. When I read in your post they live nearby I felt I should recant this. Best of luck, may God grant you safety and justice...
    Locolobo likes this.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by db4usa View Post
    A state police investigator told me that our area was on a hot list for meth makers/users on a website. This website posts maps of ideal areas to procure ingredients (farm services), locations to cook as well as places to take refuge and hide. While your situation appears to be petty theft, you may well stumble onto a different group of BG's. Be very careful.db
    Incredible. Just the thought of an organized effort for a community of makers is disturbing and even somewhat shocking to me.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911srule View Post
    Be careful Sir. Sounds like your doing everything right, with necessary caution and patience. In my first threads I started here I outlined my family's life changing events that started with same kind of theft and escalated into relentless harassment of myself, my wife and kids. To the point we have to move. We had only one of the original people arrested which only agitated a couple established lowlife families including one pretty sick convict. The police even changed their focus onto me which caused even further distress. My anger and frustration was misinterpreted I think where I was portrayed as the aggressor by my enemies. All because I refused to be a doormat and openly confronted our attackers. Don't piss off police, I learned that.My point is you gotta live there. Even if they are caught and charged do not do anything to prompt them to seek revenge. When I read in your post they live nearby I felt I should recant this. Best of luck, may God grant you safety and justice...
    This type of mentality has always escaped me as well. How anyone, irrespective of being family members, cannot only condone but have the audacity to get angry because someone in the wrong actually received justice is asinine. The thought of a whole clan being out for you because you had the determination to take up for yourself is amazing. It really is ashame that you have to move because of others' ignorance.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911srule View Post
    Good advice here. This kind of scenario is one you can not win. Even the best police force cannot stop a family of crazed revenge seekers. You as the victim cannot preempt and strike first without becoming a criminal yourself.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Great thread, sir. Hope you nail 'em. Two thoughts:

I always consider going "Swiss Family Robinson" style on trespassers: tiger pits, tree snares, and rolling logs. I wonder what the home insurance writer would think about such activities?

Also, now is a good time for anyone to make friends with like-minded neighbors to keep watch and work together to prevent scum bags from thieving. There's only 4 houses on my road in NC, but we all stay in contact, all own iron, and all watch out for each others house.
    mano3 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejib View Post
    Also, now is a good time for anyone to make friends with like-minded neighbors to keep watch and work together to prevent scum bags from thieving. There's only 4 houses on my road in NC, but we all stay in contact, all own iron, and all watch out for each others house.
    No one lives near the area of the barns, the only people who would see anything suspicious would be someone passing by on the highway. I do fully agree with you about the coalition of good neighbors and I'm sure they'd phone me if they saw something while driving by, it's just unfortunate that there are no occupied residences nearby.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

I wouldn't count on my neighbors for anything. My brother had a Beagle stolen in broad daylight. The neighbor even saw them taking him and did nothing. He has also had a 4-wheeler stolen. Although, there might not have been anyone seen them take the 4-wheeler, it was driven off of the farm, via going through the adjoining farm and crossing a state highway to get to the point to where it was loaded and hauled off and noone saw this happening or didn't think it looked suspicious. It would be nice if you had neighbors to count on but even if I did, I think I would act in a fashion to where I wasn't counting on them.

VIP Member
    Just got another motion alert around 11 pm. These BG's have a pattern of hitting around midnight, and this is slow Sunday night, plus I was just cased about a week ago. I drove past and couldn't really see anything. Went down the road a little ways and turned into my gate, in a pasture, and eased back toward the barns w/o my headlights. I walked the rest of the way safe enough, but close enough where I could see the ends of the barns. With my night vision I could clearly see what was standing near the barn and had obviously triggered the motion detector..................DARNED COW.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Thanks for the updates. I really hope you nab these guys dead to rights.

If any word of their activity at your place got around town, they may have heard your on to them. In the beginning with us, about two hundred bucks worth of stuff was taken from our barn. Some car parts, gas and attempts to make entry to garage. I tried staking them out to no avail, time was on their side. Sometimes a month would go by with nothing. Then we'd get a visit. After we made it clear thru confrontation we knew. It turned into harassment. Can you put motion sensor in the barn? I'd maybe discretely rake floor if dirt. Or make area of approach muddy or moist so shoe prints might be left you could photograph??We took an old chainsaw and gas can we photographed, logged serial # and left it in front of a hidden camera. Had it been early on it may have worked. But after they knew I was on to them they would'nt go near it.I came out one morning and the camera pointed at it was turned 180 degrees. They had come from behind and turned it that night to let us know "they" were smarter. Three motion lights were broken, one motion sensor smashed over a period of time. After you catch these guys, try keeping 500 watt motion light in the barn. Might serve to deter...

I am enjoying following this thread. I can't wait for the next chapter.
    Dadsnugun likes this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Put a mean-ass bull out there, and they won't be back .... at least not after the next visit. .
    Spade115 likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by DefConGun View Post
    How anyone, irrespective of being family members, cannot only condone but have the audacity to get angry because someone in the wrong actually received justice is asinine.
    The world is full of asinine people.
    They'll stand by "kinfolk" even if wrong. Then you're the bad guy.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Links