BG's in my barn ! Photo added! - Page 8

BG's in my barn ! Photo added!

This is a discussion on BG's in my barn ! Photo added! within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI Seems pretty inefficient in all reality. How can you carry that much stuff out of the barn when you are walking ...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Like Tree101Likes

Thread: BG's in my barn ! Photo added!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    Seems pretty inefficient in all reality. How can you carry that much stuff out of the barn when you are walking in already carrying your pants with one hand.

He or his brother had previously stolen the Romex wire used for electrical lighting up in the ceiling. They moved a ladder around to climb high enough with. I wondered how they'd climb and negotiate that ladder with saggy pants. Maybe they used some of the Romex to make a temporary belt?
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

IR game camera strategically located should do the trick then send them to jail.....

Yes I know you feel violated, it was your stuff but bottom line none of the junk that is too good to keep and not bad enough to throw away is not worth shooting anyone over....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

You might be surprised to find out the shirt could well be black or another color. Night vision cameras can do bizarre things to colors.
    True there -- Mine turns any dark cotton gray-to-white although dark polyester/fleece stays black.
    NRA Life / Endowment UT, FL, IL

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon J View Post
    IR game camera strategically located should do the trick then send them to jail.....

Yes I know you feel violated, it was your stuff but bottom line none of the junk that is too good to keep and not bad enough to throw away is not worth shooting anyone over....
    The BG picture in this thread was made with an IR game camera. I have more game cams, from this situation, than I care to admit.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Its good to hear that he's inspecting the inside of a jail cell now. The longer he's there, the longer you will avoid theft.

I can't tell if the camera is doing anything crazy or not. I can see where he's pulling his pants up with his hand but does he have something hanging from his hand? Like a piece of wire, maybe?

His blatant intent to rob you by having an alibi in place (car on side of road) seems to really irritate me. I can imagine a scenario where you catch him around your barn and he comes off with the bogus story about his car. If people like this put as much effort in getting a good job as they do with efforts to rip people off, they wouldn't have to steal (not that anyone has to, etc.).

Thanks for the update and hope that justice prevails.

I don't have any experience with outdoor cams. I take it when they snap a picture, it doesn't make any sound? There's no chance of the perp hearing their picture being taken?

Also, is the time at the bottom of the photo correct? He was robbing you at 6:00 PM? That early?

Lastly, do you like your Cudde? Do you recommend them?

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    Yeah, looks like a real winner.

You might be surprised to find out the shirt could well be black or another color. Night vision cameras can do bizarre things to colors.
    That's not night vision, it's low light level. Black and white are still fairly well defined at low light level.

Re: BG's in my barn ! Photo added!

Quote Originally Posted by highvoltage View Post
    That's not night vision, it's low light level. Black and white are still fairly well defined at low light level.
    It looks like IR illumination on the foreground, including the BG to me.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DefConGun View Post
    I can't tell if the camera is doing anything crazy or not. I can see where he's pulling his pants up with his hand but does he have something hanging from his hand? Like a piece of wire, maybe?
    I too wondered whether he had anything in his hand, but I don't know for sure. He may have just been nervous and fiddling with his clothes?

His blatant intent to rob you by having an alibi in place (car on side of road) seems to really irritate me. I can imagine a scenario where you catch him around your barn and he comes off with the bogus story about his car. If people like this put as much effort in getting a good job as they do with efforts to rip people off, they wouldn't have to steal (not that anyone has to, etc.).
    You are right, he went to quite an effort to have an alibi in place. He left his Mama's car about 3/4 mile away at a wide spot in the road. Then he walked 3/4 mile to my place, waited until no traffic was near, jumped the fence and probably ran to the barn. He spent some time checking things out, I think on a scouting mission. Waited on the traffic again, ran to the highway and started walking again, but away from his car. He walked, I believe to an older man's house and asked him to take him to town to get some gas. Had he been caught in my barn, I'm betting the first thing he'd said was he was looking for gas.

I don't have any experience with outdoor cams. I take it when they snap a picture, it doesn't make any sound? There's no chance of the perp hearing their picture being taken?
    They are digital these days. I'm hard of hearing but I can't hear a shutter click on mine. To me. the flash is the thing you have to worry about with humans. At one time they were white flashes, now they've changed them to a very short red infrared pulse. It is subtle but in the dark you might see it? Newer cams have a "black flash" that you won't see. I have another picture of him and it's a full-face, he's looking right at my camera but never sees it.

Also, is the time at the bottom of the photo correct? He was robbing you at 6:00 PM? That early? Lastly, do you like your Cudde? Do you recommend them?
    Yep, the time is right, still daylight outside but the light is darkening in that barn. Pretty clever time to be there actually. He has daylight, and it's very doubtful of a time that any of us would be at those barns. He doesn't know me, but like most folks, at that time, I'm at home sniffing what's coming from my kitchen. Actually I like the Cudde's alright, I find them easy to set up, however some of the other brands of cams functions/controls are confusing to me, so I have to get a 12 year old kid to help me figure them out !

If you're using a game cam for people, I'd say pick a cam with a quick trigger speed (less than a second), black flash, and smaller is better. I have hot-glued artifical leaves on mine and hid it in trees works pretty good. Every year, newer and better cams are coming out, my info is a couple of years old.
    DefConGun likes this.

Thanks for the replies, ppkheat and thanks for sharing. I hope you don't have anymore problems. Much respect for all of your efforts.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Links