Subway station, that could have been Bad.

This is a discussion on Subway station, that could have been Bad. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Pistology All personal feelings aside, you did well to consider personal property rights in the heat of heads coming lose. Good observational ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Subway station, that could have been Bad.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistology View Post
    All personal feelings aside, you did well to consider personal property rights in the heat of heads coming lose. Good observational skills. Implies control.
    My question is: why is this a DC scenario? Are you carrying in NY subways? What's your permit number? 00004? Your name wouldn't be Goetz?
    Not quite a defensive carry handgun scenario, but certainly a situational awareness and personal defense scenario. And Alex has been a long time participant here. Maybe the wrong forum; off topic possibly a better choice, but no need to accuse him of being a Goetz like character or an 0004, or whatever.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    She's tough enough, Tampa. Can't you find any bro's in Pinellas? Why does Aikido turn up when things turn irrelevent? The topic is DC. Okay?
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Not quite a defensive carry handgun scenario, but certainly a situational awareness and personal defense scenario. And Alex has been a long time participant here. Maybe the wrong forum; off topic possibly a better choice, but no need to accuse him of being a Goetz like character or an 0004, or whatever.
    We're both "long-time participants here", Hopyard. I don't know enough to "accuse". Stuff that happens to me that you don't see in this forum. The point being, what's the point?
    Last edited by SIXTO; April 1st, 2011 at 10:39 PM.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

All personal feelings aside, you did well to consider personal property rights in the heat of heads coming lose. Good observational skills. Implies control.
    My question is: why is this a DC scenario? Are you carrying in NY subways? What's your permit number? 00004? Your name wouldn't be Goetz?
    Yeah, sorry should have put it in the off topic. But it is still defensive, situational awareness related in nature. And no my name is not Goetz.

Have you taken or considered taking martial arts classes? I studied Aikido for a few months (only reason I didn't continue is there isn't a dojo where I live now) and the whole premise is using an attackers force against them. So a 230 lbs guy simply hits the pavement harder, LOL. I plan on continuing my training someday, and would definitely make it a priority if I lived in a place where I couldn't carry.

Don't know where exactly in NYC you are, but I know there's a dojo in the Bronx. I had a chance to move up there and study about a year ago, but it fell through.
    I have never taken formal martial arts. I don’t think high school wrestling is or would be of any real use. and thanks I will look into it. BTW BRTCP88 i love the avatar
    Last edited by AlexHassin; March 28th, 2011 at 11:58 PM. Reason: addition

She's tough enough, Tampa. Can't you find any bro's in Pinellas? Why does Aikido turn up when things turn irrelevent? The topic is DC. Okay?
    The sub-forum name is Carry & Defensive Scenarios. Sorry, I didn't know that was exclusive to firearms defense I was trying to give someone some advice because I know in NYC your chances of getting a permit are zilch.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    The only problem I see here is how you pick your friends...pretty simple!
    Retsup is a MASTER of summing things up succinctly.

I was also thinking, with her actions, I would be real happy that she is an EX-girlfriend. Pick better friends and girlfriends.

And I'm glad HopYard said it because I was thinking PIMP as soon as I read the description of this guy.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Many men have died over problems with a female.Don't be one of those guys.
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

First point. If my GF ever told me to go home while she walks away with another guy; that ass is gone. She is your GF, she showed total disrespect for you. Even seems like she may be romantically involved with him if he has that much power over her. In NY the best you can do is get some OC, as civilian gun ownership is severely restricted.
    One more step and it's on!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links