Who Here Eats at Taco Bell?

This is a discussion on Who Here Eats at Taco Bell? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Short break down: Guy comes in and tried to order a burrito and it was 50 cents more than he thought it was in the ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Who Here Eats at Taco Bell?

Who Here Eats at Taco Bell?

Short break down: Guy comes in and tried to order a burrito and it was 50 cents more than he thought it was in the past. So angrily he pulls out an airgun, an AR of some caliber (where the hell was he hiding THAT?!?), and a handgun and opens fire on the store manager. Quick scenario:

You are on your lunch break, working down the road, and a customer in this restaurant. You are coming out of the restroom when this guy starts shooting. (He walked in while you were taking a leak and remembering to wash.. ;) ) Your two co-workers are in the back of the restaurant at a table eating watching your food for you while you were in the RR. You have worked with each of them for 3 years meeting up at this Taco Bell once a week to chat about the weeks events. You are armed with your pistol, concealed, on your strong side. What do you do?

**EDIT** The path to the restroom is a hallway which is directly to the right of the counter, meaning you turn the corner to the right from the restroom and there is the BG, look straight you can see your friends. Standard fast-food restaurant layout I suppose.

P.S. This actually happened minus the armed citizen part. Link below: : /

Man 'fires gun over burrito price rise': Ricardo Jones' Taco Bell fast food rage | Mail Online
    Last edited by Savage206; March 26th, 2011 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Scenario Specifics
    EDC: FN FNP-9 w/ three 16 rnd magazines. Mini Maglite.

" The unarmed man is not just defenseless, he is also contemptible." ~ Machiavelli.

2. Remove Ads

Considering he probably has the drop on me, run back in the bathroom, lock the door, draw weapon and make ready, and call police.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

what if you haven't turned that corner yet?

" The unarmed man is not just defenseless, he is also contemptible." ~ Machiavelli.

Then I cant see to properly evealuate whats going on. Draw weapon, at this point be a good witness, and call police giving them inside info. An AR 15 beats my handgun. All I can do is maintain cover, watch, listen and wait for an oppurtunity.

Immediate action is not always the best course of action. Sometimes stealth, and observation will serve better than rushing in. Thats what seperates the pros from the wanna be's.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

yeah realistically if I saw someone holding an AR and I was carrying I would get out and call the cops. I think that would be the best way to help everyone involved. While confident in my ability to defend myself I am not trained for that level of a confrontation.
    Last edited by SIXTO; March 26th, 2011 at 03:28 PM.

Ask a hundred people, and you may get a hundred responses. Everybodys got a plan till they get hit in the mouth.
    paullie and Spade115 like this.

+1 to Gman's reply.
    In the actual incident the susp was in the drive-through and never entered the establishment.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    +1 to Gman's reply.
    In the actual incident the susp was in the drive-through and never entered the establishment.

^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Begin pun
    I would have let the air out of his tires while he was @ the drive-thru.
    If he attempted to drive away, I would have shot his tires out.
    Pun ended.

'Because that's all the ammunition we had.' Polk Co. Fla. Sheriff Grady Judd
    When asked why they shot a BG so many times.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

+1 to savage 206 reply. GTHO, call the police, then observe and report. Now, that said, if he chases me outside, I will draw and fire. Theres also a possibility of overpenitration and me killing an inocent bystander, or whatever, and I would be hesitant to fire in a restaurant or any other crowded place. Don't get me wrong, as I can stay on a silouette target at 10 yards rapid fire with either of my EDCs, but in the heat of combat...
    His AR must have made a lot of noise, and I would have a strong suspicion of a shoot-em-up in progress even while watering the flowers. I know what an AR 15 (or 16) sounds like. (Don't ask) Its enough different from a handgun or shotgun and will be recognized and reported in the call.
    However, during teh call I will have my EDC in my hand or very ready.....

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Probably realize I needed to do #2 pretty bad and go back to the can. Taco Bell does that to me.
    paullie and Old School like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ErnieNWillis View Post
    Probably realize I needed to do #2 pretty bad and go back to the can. Taco Bell does that to me.
    No that's funny right thar.

Distinguished Member Array PAcanis's Avatar
    In response to the subject line, No. Not any more. Their prices have gotten outrageous for what you get. They used to be a good deal though.

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PAcanis View Post
    In response to the subject line, No. Not any more. Their prices have gotten outrageous for what you get. They used to be a good deal though.
    I hear you.Our local DQ charges $9 and change for a steak-finger basket.My response to the BG? Get out and call cops.
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

Drawing a gun and shooting for a $.50 increase in price?
    Lot's of crazy people out there...
    I'd just stay in the bathroom...or go back into it, and call 911. I'm not a cop!
    garyacman likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Did I miss something?
    So angrily he pulls out an airgun, an AR of some caliber

was it an AR or an airgun? there's a little diffrence.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links