Fight or Flight Poll

This is a discussion on Fight or Flight Poll within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by RevolvingMag I would like to think that I would shoot. I do not like to think that I could stand by and ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Fight or Flight Poll

Quote Originally Posted by RevolvingMag View Post
    I would like to think that I would shoot. I do not like to think that I could stand by and let innocent/defenseless people be hurt or killed.
    +1 on this. I could not run out of the door knowing that this guy is killing innocent folks. I would have to do what I could to stop him, and since his back is turned to me I have an advantage.
    Glock 22 Gen 4 w/CBST
    Kimber Compact CDP II w/Silent Thunder
    A man, without force, is without the essential dignity of humanity. Human nature is so constituted, that it cannot honor a helpless man, although it can pity him; and even this it cannot do long, if the signs of power do not arise.

2. Remove Ads

BANG, BANG, BANG.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Senior Member Array CR Williams's Avatar
    Why would you NOT shoot him under those circumstances?
    paullie likes this.
    My cats support the Second Amendment.

www.inshadowinlight.com

"Oh, bother," said Pooh as he rocked another mag into the 556R...

VIP Member
    Reaction in any given situation will vary. In this one, I think stopping the shooter would be the right decision to make.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

and the grand jury prosecutor asked me ... "why did you shoot.?" "well sir, it appeared that I was going to be the next one shot and I was in fear of my life, and the lives of all those others in his range of fire."
    First Sgt likes this.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    20 posts in and no "call 911 and be a good witness"?

Distinguished Member Array shockwave's Avatar
    The real question here is "will you freeze" and lock up and choke? Or will you execute?
    rammerjammer likes this.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

I'm walking out alive...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Well, I think when the first shots were fired, it would be chaos....so "slowly and methodically" are probably out. Still, with no idea who his next victim might be, I would try to make him stop shooting the most effective way I could. If a clear shot presented itself, that effective way would be with a gun. Add another one to the bang column.

Klik-Pow, Pow
    (safety-trigger, trigger)
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

I feel we have an unwritten rule after we decided to be a permit holder to protect anyone one from a felony, interment danger in the safes way possible,clear shot, gaining distance from BG, what happens if it goes in & out, most inportant it's not your shot that hit the little girl eating ice cream or any other bystander yhat i hope thry think enoft of there family to talk about what if. Iím not talking playing cop or vigilante. But I would want someone to try to save a family member of mine!
    But I also believe in constant tactical training just for these situations, I know I would hate to kill another human but their are bad people that wonít think twice about killing everyone for that 5.00 in the register (happens daily).and no insult to LE but they can't be everywhere and most like show up and order body bags then spend 6 months talking to shrink ,so not actually being in that situation now I would hope I would double tap,No I know I would ,(would hope i don't freeze),then 911/lawyer calls and order large coffee trying to drink with my whole body shaking!!!!
    Really though, we donít carry because itís became the latest fashion trend in the last few yearís, heck a pocket watch is easer to conceal if thatís the case.
    Protect your family and any other person being assaulted, ECT. Itís are right & IMO are duty, RED, WHITE BLUE. Keep up with our lawís and hope for the best! Double Tap. And maybe some will go home to their families; I know Iíll sleep better & hopefully in my Owen bed, not some steel rack, but Iíll still sleep well. Hope I never find out!!!!!! But i'm kissing my family good night that night and hope everyone else is to.!!!!!!!!

Depression was merely anger without enthusiasm, but in these times umm, people are doing things that they might not have not to long ago. Keep your head at the 360%

Just My opinion, & the calls I see day & night. sorry so long neighbors dog came over and woke me for treat, my life a dog that has sleep apnea.

As most know, I am one who treads lightly when intervening in 3rd party situations because unless you see it play out from the start and know all the players it's difficult to have all the facts.

In this situation it's rather obvious now isn't it. Innocent people are being slaughtered and I'm going to likely vaporize his brains. In this case, it doesn't matter whether he has his back to you or not. He's definitely on a shooting spree and I'll accommodate his desire to die in a hail of gunfire.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    In a case like this, I can see his brains and skull frags flying all over the place. You might say it's a.......no brainer in this scenario.
    My many years of Law Enforcement and training would kick in, and like glockmann10mm stated above.... a no brainer.
    "Trouble Never Makes An Appointment"

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorblade View Post
    Another recent post got me thinking.
    Let's say you're eating at the counter of a restaurant like Dennys or the local pancake house. Your not with a family member. A wacko comes in and slowly, methodically, starts shooting people. He is 5 yards away and has his back to you. It's a "can't miss" shot but the exit is a few feet away and you can make it out easily unseen. Do you leave and become the good witness or do you attempt to end the guys rampage and hopefully keep him from killing a few innocent people?

Was trying to make this a poll but somehow managed to screw that up......oh well,
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    As most know, I am one who treads lightly when intervening in 3rd party situations because unless you see it play out from the start and know all the players it's difficult to have all the facts.

In this situation it's rather obvious now isn't it. Innocent people are being slaughtered and I'm going to likely vaporize his brains. In this case, it doesn't matter whether he has his back to you or not. He's definitely on a shooting spree and I'll accommodate his desire to die in a hail of gunfire.
    The post that started this one has you walking out of the bathroom and not seeing what started it. I agree with Bark"n without all the facts it is tough call to make. But taking action on the details given in this post only. Bang, Bang and oh yea, Bang!

Let mix it up a bit. The shooter who is know by local LEO's very well. The "Random" people he slowly, methodically, started shooting were that of off-duty leo's who have arrested him several times sitting a couple of tables apart.

Maybe the shooter who has his back to you as you walk out of the bathroom is a undercover/plain clothes LEO and the people who he slowly,methodically started shooting where a couple of gang bangers who are wanted for a home invasion where the family was raped,killed.
    (What you can not/did not see are the weapons draw on the Leo.)

Now what?!!%$

Quote Originally Posted by HKinNY View Post
    The post that started this one has you walking out of the bathroom and not seeing what started it. I agree with Bark"n without all the facts it is tough call to make. But taking action on the details given in this post only. Bang, Bang and oh yea, Bang!

Let mix it up a bit. The shooter who is know by local LEO's very well. The "Random" people he slowly, methodically, started shooting were that of off-duty leo's who have arrested him several times sitting a couple of tables apart.

Maybe the shooter who has his back to you as you walk out of the bathroom is a undercover/plain clothes LEO and the people who he slowly,methodically started shooting where a couple of gang bangers who are wanted for a home invasion where the family was raped,killed.
    (What you can not/did not see are the weapons draw on the Leo.)

Now what?!!%$
    Your scenario makes no sense. LEOs just do not open fired without protocols being in place...

To the OP, this type of scenario is personal choice that each of us would have to make based on the situation at hand. Being an asset to society would be my choice in your scenario.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links