Fight or Flight Poll

This is a discussion on Fight or Flight Poll within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Guantes Two of the primary concerns of intervention are a sufficient knowledge of the circumstances to be relatively sure that intervention is ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Fight or Flight Poll

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    Two of the primary concerns of intervention are a sufficient knowledge of the circumstances to be relatively sure that intervention is the right thing to do and secondly that no one close (family) will be put in direct jeopardy by your intervention. Neither one of those is present in this situation. If one would not act in this situation, poses the question if one would ever act in the interest of others. Some may choose not to and that is their right. That is not a path I can follow. In short, bang,bang,bang.
    +1...Gloves always puts things soooooo clearly...
    oneshot likes this.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by HKinNY View Post
    The post that started this one has you walking out of the bathroom and not seeing what started it. I agree with Bark"n without all the facts it is tough call to make. But taking action on the details given in this post only. Bang, Bang and oh yea, Bang!

Let mix it up a bit. The shooter who is know by local LEO's very well. The "Random" people he slowly, methodically, started shooting were that of off-duty leo's who have arrested him several times sitting a couple of tables apart.

Maybe the shooter who has his back to you as you walk out of the bathroom is a undercover/plain clothes LEO and the people who he slowly,methodically started shooting where a couple of gang bangers who are wanted for a home invasion where the family was raped,killed.
    (What you can not/did not see are the weapons draw on the Leo.)

Now what?!!%$
    OUCH !!!!! 10-20-life ,if you make it out. But have to agree with harryBall there.The training just for those crazy who's who scenario's are burtal & offten,most LEO would take a bullet before making that mistake of hitting a victem.but it happens. thats when your awareness should be at work going in & out of that bathroom.360 , alway try are best to know who and what is around you.

Ex Member
    The EXACT thing happened in Indy about 20 years ago. The shooter who stopped the bad guy left after stopping him. NONE of the employees would cooperate with Police. They said "He may not have been carrying legally but he did save our lives."

Thanks First Sgt, appreciate the kind words.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

This isn't self-defense, this is COMBAT, and he started the war. Put him down and keep firing until he doesn't try to get up. I sincerely doubt this would ever go any further than a Grand Jury.
    oneshot likes this.
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher, Independent voter, Goldwater Conservative.

VIP Member
    Unfortunately, some features on web forums are not as intuitive as they should be, and this one is a good example.

More to the point, I know it’s easier to make a determination when we have the luxury of foresight and time to assimilate. Conversely, our primal instincts may well override our perceived notions of good intentions vs. fear for life.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Interesting point.
    I recall once hearing the definition of bravery as one who was fearful, but still did what needed to be done. Without fear, there is no bravery.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    Two of the primary concerns of intervention are a sufficient knowledge of the circumstances to be relatively sure that intervention is the right thing to do and secondly that no one close (family) will be put in direct jeopardy by your intervention. Neither one of those is present in this situation. If one would not act in this situation, poses the question if one would ever act in the interest of others. Some may choose not to and that is their right. That is not a path I can follow. In short, bang,bang,bang.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Pop goes the weasel..

Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway.John Wayne

- The universal brotherhood of man is our most precious possession--what there is of it.
    Mark Twain's Notebook
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Howdy!

Take the shot, stop the violance!

"Happy Trails"
    Chiefneon

I'd like to think I would be able to stop the attack with my 15 .40 cal JHP's. But I guess you can never tell what you'd do till you are in that position (God forbid).

The BG has his back to me as I am seated in a booth and my gun is way closer to me than the exit is 5 yards away. I'll gladly send a .45 Federal HST his way via a head shot, as the bad guy likely won't be moving much at all since he is counting on his victims being unarmed. The BG isn't counting on having to duck and weave to avoid return fire. A headshot from my seated position is an upward angle that reduces the chances of any casualties beyond the target in case of a pass through.
    MadlyAlive likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post

Pop goes the weasel..
    Good one!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

As with most, I would shoot.

This brings up another question on seating placement in restaurants. I normally like to be close to and facing an exit. In this situation, it's possible I may be the first one he takes out. Does this situation change how you feel on where you normally like to sit in a restaurant?

Quote Originally Posted by MadlyAlive View Post
    As with most, I would shoot.

This brings up another question on seating placement in restaurants. I normally like to be close to and facing an exit. In this situation, it's possible I may be the first one he takes out. Does this situation change how you feel on where you normally like to sit in a restaurant?
    In a booth towards the back, facing the entrance.
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher, Independent voter, Goldwater Conservative.

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Regarding the LEO hypothesis: the guy is committing murder, it doesn't matter whether he's a LEO. Remember, he "slowly, methodically, starts shooting people". This is not a case of a LEO reacting instantly to guns drawn and the shooting is over in a couple of seconds.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links