Fight or Flight Poll

This is a discussion on Fight or Flight Poll within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In a case like this, I'd be going for slidelock....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Fight or Flight Poll

In a case like this, I'd be going for slidelock.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorblade View Post
    Another recent post got me thinking.
    Let's say you're eating at the counter of a restaurant like Dennys or the local pancake house. Your not with a family member. A wacko comes in and slowly, methodically, starts shooting people. He is 5 yards away and has his back to you. It's a "can't miss" shot but the exit is a few feet away and you can make it out easily unseen. Do you leave and become the good witness or do you attempt to end the guys rampage and hopefully keep him from killing a few innocent people?

Was trying to make this a poll but somehow managed to screw that up......oh well,
    Even if I wasn't a Police Officer that one would be a no brainer. The guy would be dead before he hit the floor. No way I'm gonna hope" to escape with my knee's and hope" he doesn't start shooting me in the process not to mention all the people I could save from death or being maimed permanently the guy would go down and I would not even hesitate.
    If you can read this thank a teacher. If it is written in English thank a Marine.

Simple determination of A O J here. Also, in FL I have the right to use deadly force in your situation because it will stop a Forcible Felony from occurring.

BANG BANG. Then I'd finish my Grand Slam breakfast.
    RevolvingMag likes this.
    Best regards,
    Steve
    Ruger P345 Ruger LCP

"Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains." - Winston Churchill

I'm certainly not gonna be the next one! I have a family. Nor is that mother over there. Or that child two booths down.

HKinNY ---> I see understand what your asking but I really am not gonna ask this person male or female what there likes and dislikes are. What there turn on and turn offs are in dating. For some reason I don't think you gonna get the response your lookin for when they turn around to answear you. Well maybe you will but I'm not taking the chance.

I've read it before some places. Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.....

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorblade View Post
    Another recent post got me thinking.
    Let's say you're eating at the counter of a restaurant like Dennys or the local pancake house. Your not with a family member. A wacko comes in and slowly, methodically, starts shooting people. He is 5 yards away and has his back to you. It's a "can't miss" shot but the exit is a few feet away and you can make it out easily unseen. Do you leave and become the good witness or do you attempt to end the guys rampage and hopefully keep him from killing a few innocent people?

Was trying to make this a poll but somehow managed to screw that up......oh well,
    It depends.

Have I eaten my french Toast yet or not?

Biker

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    In a case like this, I can see his brains and skull frags flying all over the place. You might say it's a.......no brainer in this scenario.
    :-)

I would empty my freakin' gun into his back, his head, and the lower part of the back of his head. I seriously doubt that once the barrage starts he's gonna get off any shot at me that I need to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    It depends.

Have I eaten my french Toast yet or not?

Biker
    Sorry.........no French toast, you just finished your Grand Slam!

I'd like to think that if I wasn't choking on my food, I'd shoot the *******. Even if the victims are'nt my family, they are someone elses.
    Light travels faster than sound...thats why some people appear bright before they speak

Hopefully strong enough to make noise and end the situation. JHP in the chest.
    --
    Sig Sauer SP2022

It is better to live one day as a lion than one thousand as a sheep.

I've always believed the best defense, is a strong offense.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

If some guy is killing people in my diner then He's toast!!!!!

TN allows defense of yourself or a third party if there is a legitimate fear of loss of life. So, center mass.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

I'd take the shot considering my luck would be as i make a break for the door he turns and takes a shot at me.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links