What Would You Do? Waffle House Robbery - Page 3

What Would You Do? Waffle House Robbery

This is a discussion on What Would You Do? Waffle House Robbery within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Chad Rogers I took your earlier comment only as a rational response to the scenario. Here you are, armed and duty bound, ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: What Would You Do? Waffle House Robbery

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Rogers View Post
    I took your earlier comment only as a rational response to the scenario. Here you are, armed and duty bound, yet still not necessarily going to go into Batman mode. And my point was meant to essentially be "look, if this guy is not going to launch into Batman mode, when he already has several more reasons than we do to, then why in the heck should we think we ought to absent some compelling reason?"
    10-4. I knew what you meant, I just thought I should clarify my reasoning for my actions and thoughts on the same.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

I am surprised at how little we have learned:

1. Have your partner create a distraction and clear all customers (he/she will likely get a flesh wound)
    2. Dive over something for cover ie counter bus cart etc…
    3. Commence shootout until both of you are out of ammo
    4. Throw gun to ground and subdue the BG with Karate..

Quote Originally Posted by foots402 View Post
    Lately the waffle houses have been getting rob in my area @ gun point. The gunman comes in a shots into the celing and then rob the place. The waffle house around the corner from me got rob tonight. My question is what would you do if you are sitting down eating a meal and this happens?
    Immediately look for his buddy (partner, accomplice).
    FW21

my gun is for my protection, not for the protection of others. That being said, if I was able to assess the situation clearly, get total surprise on him while confirming I am not turning my back to any threats, and ONLY if I thought that my intervening would without doubt cause an innocent person to be killed, I would do my best to try and put him down. I say that thinking clearly now but in that situation, I would be under stress...
    A lot of things would have to happen just right for me to try and play hero.
    Last edited by eichhoma; April 6th, 2011 at 01:38 PM. Reason: spelling

I have had this thought many times. The nature of the eating place makes no difference. None are immune. Here is my thought process. 1) if BG is willing to fire an unprovked shot he is proably will to shoot anyone. I need to try to escape. 2) If escape is not likley ie: "nobody move" I will make every effort to gain access to my weapon with out the knowledge of others. 3) Hopefully he will not start shooting at anyone, if he does I do not know what I would do. (unless he starts excuting people) 4) If his attention turns from others to me I must accept the fact he is willing to shoot me with out notice or provication and my reaction must be sure, with out hesitation and sufficient to stop him.

I am getting better at sitting where I can see the front door and because I like booths, not sure if I should sit with strong side to the inside ( better concealment) or strong side out for faster easier access.
    In a gun fight, you can not miss fast enough, to catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by IWLAFART View Post
    Yes I agree I will not eat in a Waffle House Restaurant as long as they are posted with no gun signs.
    Did they add, "Free waffles with your money order"
    "Trouble Never Makes An Appointment"

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    I would draw my gun, roll out of the booth to the center of the aisle, deploying my sash and cape along the way. Then once I am in the center of the aisle, I would point my CCW badge and my gun at him and order him to surrender. If he did not comply I would shoot the gun out of his hand and take him into custody. The mayor would then walk in with the police department who sat idly by outside while I did all the work and present me with the key to the city and introduce me to his beautiful 19 year old blonde daughter who would instantly fall deeply in love with me and we would live happily ever after.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    I would draw my gun, roll out of the booth to the center of the aisle, deploying my sash and cape along the way. Then once I am in the center of the aisle, I would point my CCW badge and my gun at him and order him to surrender. If he did not comply I would shoot the gun out of his hand and take him into custody. The mayor would then walk in with the police department who sat idly by outside while I did all the work and present me with the key to the city and introduce me to his beautiful 19 year old blonde daughter who would instantly fall deeply in love with me and we would live happily ever after.
    19 is just too young. Can we go with beautiful 25 year old daughter?
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

shot him repeatedly while screaming "U WILL NOT TOUCH MY WAFFLE!"

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    19 is just too young. Can we go with beautiful 25 year old daughter?
    and mute??

Pictures of the robbery

Here are the pictures from the robbery. WOW!!!!
    Attached Images
    SC-CWP
    AZ-CWP
    I rather be safe then sorry.
    It's better to have it when you need it then need it and dont have it.

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    those pictures change my response--get me to move and lay down--I don't think so--at least not if I see a clear opportunity--I am NOT going to lay down so he can shoot me in the back of the head........
    jace33 likes this.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

"Batman", "Play hero", and more comments about the food than the threat. Guy with a gun is presenting immenent danger of death and severe bodily harm.

I'd find a clear shot and take it.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I would sit quietly unless I had the stone cold drop on the guy. Or until I thought he was going to kill someone.
    Very wise answer. Same here.

Now, looking at the pictures of the robbery, the bad guy seems to be walking around a lot and looking away from the folks on the floor. In that case, if he presented me with a completely clear shot, and no one else was in the line of fire, I would engage him. He has already fired, he has already proned everyone out. It is a slight tweak to execution shots by the bad guy at this point. So I'd shoot him as many times as I could in the back if possible.
    Rock and Glock and BugDude like this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    After seeing the pictures I have to say, if I can move, I don't do floors (dishes or windows either). There would have been lead in the air.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links