What Would You Do? Waffle House Robbery

This is a discussion on What Would You Do? Waffle House Robbery within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; On the news today they reported that this is the same guy who rob the other 2 waffle houses in the area 2wks ago!!! He ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: What Would You Do? Waffle House Robbery

Same Guy

On the news today they reported that this is the same guy who rob the other 2 waffle houses in the area 2wks ago!!! He hit 2 within 24hrs 2wks ago!!!
    SC-CWP
    AZ-CWP
    I rather be safe then sorry.
    It's better to have it when you need it then need it and dont have it.

2. Remove Ads

Okay, so what happens if I do shoot the guy. He has fired his weapon and made threats with a firearm so I popped him and he is now dead. What happens to me? Am I cuffed and taken to HQ or am I released?

Quote Originally Posted by carguy2244 View Post
    "Batman", "Play hero", and more comments about the food than the threat. Guy with a gun is presenting immenent danger of death and severe bodily harm.

I'd find a clear shot and take it.
    and what if you couldn't? What if your retaliation wound up getting fire returned, maybe not at you, but at the innocent person laying on the floor in close proximity?
    Not arguing with you, just think that some serious thougth needs to go into the scenario of re-acting. I dont want it on my consciuous that I was so caught up in "putting lead in the air" that my actions could have gotten someone other than the robber killed.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    those pictures change my answer. I would stand there with a smug look on my face and a cup of coffee in my hand and calmly explain that I have been coming here for years and ordered the same cup of coffee. Black, no cream no sugar. Today however I got extra sugar and I came back to complain. However I find you boys here and I think that you might be robbing the place, and we can't let you do that. At which point the bad guy would ask, we, whatchu mean we sucker? and I would explain, Smith, Wesson, and me. Then I would draw my .44 magnum and shoot each one of them in the chest unless one of them grabbed a hostage in which case i would shoot him in the gun arm and then ask him to make my day while i pointed my smoking gun at his head.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Quote Originally Posted by eichhoma View Post
    and what if you couldn't? What if your retaliation wound up getting fire returned, maybe not at you, but at the innocent person laying on the floor in close proximity?
    Not arguing with you, just think that some serious thougth needs to go into the scenario of re-acting. I dont want it on my consciuous that I was so caught up in "putting lead in the air" that my actions could have gotten someone other than the robber killed.
    Interesting hypothetical situation...

Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    those pictures change my answer. I would stand there with a smug look on my face and a cup of coffee in my hand and calmly explain that I have been coming here for years and ordered the same cup of coffee. Black, no cream no sugar. Today however I got extra sugar and I came back to complain. However I find you boys here and I think that you might be robbing the place, and we can't let you do that. At which point the bad guy would ask, we, whatchu mean we sucker? and I would explain, Smith, Wesson, and me. Then I would draw my .44 magnum and shoot each one of them in the chest unless one of them grabbed a hostage in which case i would shoot him in the gun arm and then ask him to make my day while i pointed my smoking gun at his head.
    ...But I like this hypothetical situation much better!

It it is a fascist restaurant that does not allow me my 2nd amendment right I guess I would watch it unfold from the restaurant across the street.
    bmcgilvray likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by eichhoma View Post
    What if I couldn't get a clear shot? Then I I wouldn't take the shot. Understand his presence doesn't impede my ability to move my position to get a clear shot. Additionally, he's moving, and if he's not clear now, he'll be clear in a moment. In fact, I likely will get a shot as he's either approaching or passing me, within 10 feet or so. Remember, this isn't a wide restaurant.
    So the clear shot will almost certainly be there. Nobody else will be shoty. I won'y miss from that distance. He'll be shot in the brain, and be dead on his feet. My bullets in his head, his still in his gun.
    High stress scenario, but a very safe conclusion.

Hmmm, I've never seen a sign at Waffle House in Louisiana or Mississippi. I'll look harder next time. However, it's so dang cold in one, I can see why he's wearing a hood. But to bring it back to topic, based on the pictures, I engage when possible. If he leaves me alone, then I sit quietly. Those floors are nasty most of the time.

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    The only civilian place that has signs that I worry about are banks. Only because that's a place where employees might look harder than the average place.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    They also have totally abysmal Health Safety Ratings, hence, another reason not to go to a Waffle House.
    +1 I would not eat there either, but a Denny's, yes.
    Stargzer
    MSgt, Ret. USAF
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    The good news is that our Sheriff's Dept caught the dirtbag that inspired this thread. The bad news is that he's now enjoying 3 hots and a cot.

Man charged in local Waffle House robbery | The Augusta Chronicle

I'm just not a big fan of getting involved in stuff like this. Call me cynical, but you try to help folks out in one of these situations and if the least little thing goes wrong, they all line up together to sue you. If they want to do "bang bang shoot 'em ups" in a Waffle House, they can obtain their own guns and permits. In a real life situation, that attitude might well change, but in these imaginary scenarios, that's my initial reaction. Do what's necessary to save yourself and be a good witness.
    Coinneach likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by foots402 View Post
    Here are the pictures from the robbery. WOW!!!!
    My son and I were having dinner at that Waffle House a couple months ago. We sat at the end of the bar in the first picture, and I was armed. This is very real to me.

I would not have been proned out on the floor.

Here is a link (with video) to over 18 Waffle House robberies by 2 individuals over a 2 week span.

Police Form Task Force To Investigate Waffle House Robberies

They did not say anybody got shot during the heists, so I agree with many of you and find that being ready for action would be my reaction.

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bill mo View Post
    after seeing the pictures i have to say, if i can move, i don't do floors (dishes or windows either). There would have been lead in the air.
    big + 1 !.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links