What do you say, if anything, before you shoot - Page 2

What do you say, if anything, before you shoot

This is a discussion on What do you say, if anything, before you shoot within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Are you in imminent danger of death or great bodily injury? IMO this is the primary first question that determines a response if you are ...

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: What do you say, if anything, before you shoot

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Are you in imminent danger of death or great bodily injury? IMO this is the primary first question that determines a response if you are CC. Yes there is the Alter Ego rule in SC that allows you to deal with a perp who has put someone else into imminent danger but are you that good? Do you know your limitations? Some forum members may be that good. My CC is for self defense at distances less than say 20-30 ft and if that is not the case, I will not risk my life or that of my wife or that of the rest of the employees, despite the horrible nature of the events that just occurred.

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    I would be yelling after I ran out the back door
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

I wouldn't say anything and hope he leaves as quickly as he came in. This is going by what the OP said, he shot "at" someone. Coulda been for shock value... I don't know. Now, if he actually shot someone... and he didn't know I was there... tough call. I think I'm with kelcarry. I would have to do some quick figuring. I know my gun would be drawn... LCP or not, lol.
    oneshot likes this.

enk5 likes this.
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

I must admit that I would proably shoot with out saying a word. BUT, I see the familys lawyer trying to debate that he actually shot AT someone and would claim that he was shooting for effect ( I know I know) It's a tough call for sure. It would certinaly be harder to defend a shooting when the dude is shot in the back than it would be from the front. Cover to shoot from behind would be nice, time to think all this through would be nice, video proof that he had shot and intended to kill would be nice. I think that I would need to KNOW that his shot was at the clerk before I would silently engage him from behind. Clerk is hit. ALL BETS ARE OFF.
    In a gun fight, you can not miss fast enough, to catch up.

While the word used was "at", this would be my thought:

Given that trained LEO's have a 75% miss ratio, and the fact that the BG probably only trains on his victims, I would assume that "Shock Value" is not in the equasion. Any way, they'll never get to ask him this side of eternity.
    Train like your life depends on it, because it does.

NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by tomtsr View Post
    While the word used was "at", this would be my thought:

Given that trained LEO's have a 75% miss ratio, and the fact that the BG probably only trains on his victims, I would assume that "Shock Value" is not in the equasion. Any way, they'll never get to ask him this side of eternity.
    Do you know what range this is from? What range most of their gunfire occurs from?

sgb
    Bang ! Bang ! Bang ! Bang !
    Old School likes this.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

The stats that I quoted came from the book "Deadly Force: Firearms and American Law Enforcement" by Chris McNab. The book is dated 2000. I did not see reference to the distance the officers were shooting from.

This is no reflection on any officer or any training they may or may not go through. I can tell you this from personal experience; when what you are shooting at shoots back, the rate of fire is increased and time spent aiming is drastically reduced. Just watching some of the officer shooting episodes of COPS and some of the Youtube videos proves that a lot more rounds go downline than hit their target.
    Train like your life depends on it, because it does.

NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    He would have "shocked" me into shooting him.
    tkruf likes this.

One Word...

Moommmyyyy!!!

*Double Taps*

Watch your language people!

This is the THIRD DELETE! The other two above are no longer visible.

You know the language rule for this forum!

QKShooter
    There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

I'd be on my cell calling the cops. I'd say nothing unless he were to turn his attention toward me.
    At which point he would find me, weapon drawn and I would say "Bang" or my S&W would say it.
    I'm not a cop & I don't stretch my neck out & expose myself to possible prosecution for no one other than me & mine.
    My gun is like an adult diaper, I wear it daily & no one has to know, until the day "crap happens"

"Uh... Pardon me, sir? If I let you leave with the money, alive; will my life be in grave danger or will I be in imminent danger of death? No? Well, then.. carry on. But please be aware I am calling 911 and I fully intend to be a good witenss, good day."

Somewhere in there, or perhaps before, I'da shot 'im.
    Cabreco and tcox4freedom like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

I'd probley call for a spare set of draws, As I would have shat mine ; )
    H/D
    tkruf likes this.
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links