Went "Code Red" in Germany (No Firearm) - Page 2

Went "Code Red" in Germany (No Firearm)

This is a discussion on Went "Code Red" in Germany (No Firearm) within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Hkchris My friends wife is German. She has her German shooting card and owns firearms. When his neighbors house was robbed he ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 52
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Went "Code Red" in Germany (No Firearm)

  1. #16
    Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    1,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Hkchris View Post
    My friends wife is German. She has her German shooting card and owns firearms. When his neighbors house was robbed he asked the Polizei what would happen if they defended their house using a firearm. He was told that even if being attacked and used a gun he would likely end up in jail.
    I know. German firearm laws are ridiculous!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hkchris View Post
    U.S. military members can take the hunters course or sports shooting course and by firearms while stationed here. I have not heard of any cases of anyone using one of these guns in a self defense situation.
    Yes, US Military members are allowed to take the Hunting or Sport Shooting course and then buy firearms while stationed in Germany. I'm from Costa Rica so I'm pretty much screwed! Nonetheless, I'm headed next July to Zurich, Switzerland to attend several tactical shooting courses to quench my passion for firearms!
    dukalmighty likes this.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]


  2. #17
    Moderator
    Array RETSUPT99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    45,521
    It does sound like it was time to act...well done!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

    ***********************************
    Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

  3. #18
    VIP Member Array dukalmighty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    15,179
    Chickens run around in little gangs and get their sense of bravery feeding off each other,you stand up to their BS and they aren't as tough as they thought they were
    alachner likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

  4. #19
    VIP Member Array PAcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    4,159
    Nice job. Well done. One can only hope you taught those punks a lesson.

  5. #20
    Senior Member Array Spidey2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    887
    Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    Youth has no respect anymore
    Not all of us. I'm 18 and I would've done the same as the OP, even a couple of years ago.

    Good thing you did helping her. Armed or not, someone had to.
    Harryball likes this.

  6. #21
    VIP Member Array Eagleks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    7,885
    There is all types of things that would have come out of my mouth, in German.... LOL .

    Did good, take a bow.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

  7. #22
    Ex Member Array JOHNSMITH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    1,726
    You did very well. I applaud your actions. I'm glad you didn't get in trouble, either.

    This scenario actually got me thinking. I often have only my firearm on me. I don't usually carry my pepper spray, because it is difficult to carry (imagine that - a pistol easier to carry). What would I have done in this situation? I can't use my pistol. Hmm.

    Question: were the police already there, or did someone else call them?

    Poor old lady, though. Just trying to go about her business. I bet she really has little hope for the future, and is probably pretty depressed right now. Very sad. I feel sorry for her.

  8. #23
    Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    1,232
    Quote Originally Posted by paul34 View Post
    You did very well. I applaud your actions. I'm glad you didn't get in trouble, either.

    This scenario actually got me thinking. I often have only my firearm on me. I don't usually carry my pepper spray, because it is difficult to carry (imagine that - a pistol easier to carry). What would I have done in this situation? I can't use my pistol. Hmm.

    Question: were the police already there, or did someone else call them?

    Poor old lady, though. Just trying to go about her business. I bet she really has little hope for the future, and is probably pretty depressed right now. Very sad. I feel sorry for her.
    Well, I guess you should add a small bottle of pepper spray to your EDC just in case you need a non-lethal alternative for self-defense. In Costa Rica I carry a handgun, spare mag, pocket knife, small flashlight and a small bottle of Red Sabre pepper spray. I carry my handgun on my strong side IWB, spare mag on weak side OWB, pepper spray and pocket knife clipped to the strong side pocket, cell phone and small flashlight on weak side pocket and my wallet in my back rear pocket.

    The three German Police officers were located inside the Bahnhof (train station) but they were alerted when they saw two teenagers running out of the train with their hands in their face screaming in pain and a then saw another guy being thrown out by a "psycho Latin". I'm glad they were there or else I don't know how much more the situation would have escalated.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

  9. #24
    Senior Member Array dripster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    631
    You did what you had to do. God bless you for standing up, most ******* would have stood their with blank expressions on their faces.

    Quote Originally Posted by alachner View Post
    Yesterday, my wife and I were coming back on the regional train from Karlsruhe when a group of 4 drunken high school students (ages 16 - 18) boarded the train at one of the stops. They were speaking very loud and acting aggressively so I went to code yellow immediately. Then, as we approached one of the train's stops, an old lady stood up from her seat and walked towards the exit, since it was her stop, but it was precisely where the young lads were located. They began insulting her very offensively, pushing her around, mocking her and would not let her reach the exit of the train. She was obviously very affected, screaming and crying. I was shocked that no one went to her aid. I then went to code orange and started debating whether to interfere. Then as soon as the train's doors opened, the men started pushing the old lady violently and they pushed her very strongly through the doors and the lady landed face first on the train ramp. That's when I knew I had seen enough. Mind that I am 30 years old, 6'2", 225 pounds and a brown belt in Kyokushin Karate. I was also carrying a Spyderco UK Pen Knife and Sabre Red pepper spray.

    Anyhow, I stood up and told the boys in German to get off the train immediately before I called the cops. They laughed and one of the boys approached me in an aggressive manner, so I proceeded to spray him in the face with a 2 second burst of pepper spray in the face. He went down holding his face and screaming. Therefore, the other three boys ran towards me. I then sprayed a second boy on the face with another burst and pushed the other through the doors of the train. The other stood there scared and then just exited the train. Two police officers rushed towards the train and took the boys away and another police officer was already attending the old lady's abrasions in her face. I have to admit, even though I acted properly to defend an innocent victim, I was scared that the German Police would find some excuse to charge me and arrest me since the gun laws here are ridiculous. Well, I was shocked when the police officer shook my hand and told me "Danke Schön Herren!" which means "Thank you Gentleman" and then a few passengers clapped their hands in gratitude.

    Ok I know that I exposed myself by confronting four attackers without a handgun or at least a baton, but I just felt that I had to do something to help that lady and teach those boys a lesson. A good old saying just kept circling in my head: "It only takes for good people to do nothing, for evail to prevail."

    Anyways, just wanted to share my self-defense experience here in Germany.
    One more step and it's on!

  10. #25
    Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    1,762
    I am not surprised at the non-assistance from the rest of the folks on the train--there is something in the German cultural-mindset that keeps them from often acting with individual initiative (we need a spell checker on this forum). They tend, asa culture, to be pretty self-controled and rigid in their outlook on life--which is one of the reasons its fairly safe to drive there, almost EVERYBODY obeys the traffic rules. I ended up with a mental picture to help me with understanding their culture--its like a big waffle. You know how waffles have all the little squares on them, in German culture, each situaion in life has a seperate square--and there are rules for living that apply to that particular square. For exampel, since you (OP) are living there, you see how they are pretty health conscious--all the bike paths, everybody out walking or jogging, eating healthy, etc. That is one square. yet, a different square is that of smoking---that is a seperate square. Fittness, sauna and solarium are also a different square. At the indoor schwimbad, most of the wopmen wear fairly modest swimsuits, in the summer outside--well, that's a different little square.

    Anyway, it seems that if an authority figure tells them to do something--they comply very quickly (unless drunk), but taking individual initiative is pertty rare.....

    Good job by the way!!!!
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

  11. #26
    VIP Member Array wmhawth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Western Colorado
    Posts
    4,562
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain Scott View Post
    I am not surprised at the non-assistance from the rest of the folks on the train--there is something in the German cultural-mindset that keeps them from often acting with individual initiative (we need a spell checker on this forum). They tend, asa culture, to be pretty self-controled and rigid in their outlook on life--which is one of the reasons its fairly safe to drive there, almost EVERYBODY obeys the traffic rules. I ended up with a mental picture to help me with understanding their culture--its like a big waffle. You know how waffles have all the little squares on them, in German culture, each situaion in life has a seperate square--and there are rules for living that apply to that particular square. For exampel, since you (OP) are living there, you see how they are pretty health conscious--all the bike paths, everybody out walking or jogging, eating healthy, etc. That is one square. yet, a different square is that of smoking---that is a seperate square. Fittness, sauna and solarium are also a different square. At the indoor schwimbad, most of the wopmen wear fairly modest swimsuits, in the summer outside--well, that's a different little square.

    Anyway, it seems that if an authority figure tells them to do something--they comply very quickly (unless drunk), but taking individual initiative is pertty rare.....

    Good job by the way!!!!
    That's a fair assessment of the German character. They don't tend to get outside the box much. The punks described in the OP seemed to me to be way out of character for German men or even teenagers which led me to wonder if they might have been members of one of Deutschland's immigrant groups. That said at some risk of offending those of the PC persuasion but with no offense intended to any ethnic group. It's just that I have spent some time in Germany and have never felt safer and have always found German men, even teenagers to be a very gentlemanly crowd.

  12. #27
    TVJ
    TVJ is offline
    Senior Member Array TVJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    849
    Quote Originally Posted by alachner View Post
    Sometimes these punks just need a good beating and lesson to straighten their lives. If no one stops their behaviour, they will become more and more violent and gain confidence of their actions until they become very dangerous and a threat to other citizens. Therefore, I hope they at least learned their lesson.

    When it comes to bullies, the harder the beating, the more permanent their change in behavior.
    The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
    - Frederic Bastiat

  13. #28
    Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    1,232
    Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    That's a fair assessment of the German character. They don't tend to get outside the box much. The punks described in the OP seemed to me to be way out of character for German men or even teenagers which led me to wonder if they might have been members of one of Deutschland's immigrant groups. That said at some risk of offending those of the PC persuasion but with no offense intended to any ethnic group. It's just that I have spent some time in Germany and have never felt safer and have always found German men, even teenagers to be a very gentlemanly crowd.
    I completely understand where you are coming from. I have been living here for almost 12 months and I have never in my life felt so safe. Nonetheless, the four teenagers that attacked the elderly woman on the train were born and bred Germans and not immigrants. Therefore, I was shocked to have evidenced such violence from German citizens.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

  14. #29
    Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    1,232
    Quote Originally Posted by TVJ View Post
    When it comes to bullies, the harder the beating, the more permanent their change in their behavior.
    Good post! In that case, I am now regretting the fact that I did not throw a couple of punches directly to their mouths.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

  15. #30
    Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    1,232
    By the way, I am overwhelmed with the amount of positive comments from everyone. This Forum is nothing but class!
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

can americans carry firearms in germany?
,
can americans carry guns in germany
,
can us military take firearms to germany
,
can you fly with pepperspray in gemany?
,
carry my gun in germany
,

code red firearms

,
code red lcp segger flash
,
code yellow and code red school scenarios
,

concealed carry germany

,

concealed carry in germany

,
firearm code red
,
firearms self defense situations in norfolk va
,
germany firearm laws for us military
,
no firearm code
Click on a term to search for related topics.