Went "Code Red" in Germany (No Firearm)

This is a discussion on Went "Code Red" in Germany (No Firearm) within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Kudos to you, sir. I'd like to think that I'd be able to do the same (sans the martial arts back-up) to help out in ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Went "Code Red" in Germany (No Firearm)

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar

Thumbs up

Kudos to you, sir. I'd like to think that I'd be able to do the same (sans the martial arts back-up) to help out in such a situation.

It's also good to know that you can carry some form of defense in Germany. (I'm assuming that it's legal)
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

2. Remove Ads

I had a similar experience on the metro in Paris when I was living in France. At about 11PM, I was with my girlfriend at the time and a group of young teens (about 4 if I can remember correctly) gets on the train. We were standing at one side of the car while the group of teens were in the middle. As soon as they entered, they start running their mouth about how they got kicked out of a bar, yadda, yadda. Most everyone ignored them, even if they were being insulted directly. One of them tried feeling up an early-20s female, but she shoved him back and quickly moved away from them. Since she moved near me and my ex, the aggressor and the others come our way. For some reason they leave the female alone and start harassing me. I was giving them pretty nasty looks, so they start saying "what are you looking at? what's your problem?" I told them that they should just be quiet and leave everyone alone. They then begin to insult my French having a slight foreign accent (my mother is French, but English is my 1st language). They also started insulting my French girlfriend for being with a foreigner. One of them tried to touch her and I just lost it. He got a punch straight in the face. I guess it sobered him up pretty quickly. He then tells his other friends that they should just get off the train. Probably the best decision they made all night.

I was 19 at the time and probably was a bit more daring. If I had to do it over again, I would have just stayed as far away as possible and not made any facial gestures. I also will not get on the metro past 9PM anymore. If I need to go somewhere late, I'll fetch a taxi. I had no form of protection on me other than my hands. I don't fear falling victim to a gun crime in France, but there are big problems with knives. Next time I make a trip to France, I'll buy a pocket knife and some pepper spray and let a friend keep them for when I return.

It's pretty common practice in Europe and in larger cities in America to "pretend" that something isn't happening. I guess most people don't want to get involved in a situation. Myself, I don't like to interfere, but if someone threatens another person's safety, I will act upon it. France has strict gun laws, but Czech Republic is pretty lax.

It's pretty damn funny visualizing that.

My compliments to you sir! Job well done.

Well done! Hope the drunk little clowns learned something.
    " The illegal we do immediately. The unconstitutional takes a little longer." Henry Kissenger

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    Well done! Hope the drunk little clowns learned something.
    The Polezi (Police) in Germany often dish out some pretty mean pre-Trial "education" when they feel it is justified. No problem, as of yet, with cries of "police brutality". I'd be very suprised if these young men didn't get a pretty good whoopin with batons and boots before being tossed into holding cells. I knew some soldiers who tried (once only) to back-talk to the Polezi (not personal experience, mind you, I was older, married and working 6 1/2 days a week when I was there in 2001-2004)
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Wow, I can't believe this thread has been running for such a long time!
    So let me join the chorus and say to the OP, well done, Sir!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links