7-11 Robbery on Video

This is a discussion on 7-11 Robbery on Video within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In that situation I think it would have worked better for anyone to be the best witness they could be. Even if you were in ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: 7-11 Robbery on Video

In that situation I think it would have worked better for anyone to be the best witness they could be. Even if you were in that store could you have made a shot legally? None of the customers were held at gunpoint or physically hurt. Please enlighten me.

2. Remove Ads

Statutes vary somewhat by area, but, generally speaking, fear of GBI or death and the allowance of the use of force to prevent a felony.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

+1 Guantes

I doubt customers or clerks lacked fear of GBI.

Just because you have a gun doesn't mean that attempting to use won't get you killed. Someone standing over you covering you with a gun will get his shots off far faster than you can pull, point, and shoot.

In this case, the BG's never shot anyone. I imagine that would have changed if one of the customers had been a cowboy and gone for their gun.

If they start shooting people, all bets are off. I'd rather die trying than curl up in a fetal position and take one to the head. My $ .02
    Train like your life depends on it, because it does.

NRA Life Member

A gun pointed at me is all the authorization I need. I have said it before and I'll say it again. A gun pointed at me and in anger results in automatic justification.
    KTCameraman and TheGiant like this.
    In a gun fight, you can not miss fast enough, to catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by deafdave3 View Post
    First of all, not all .380's are six shot. Some are seven, eight, nine, or 10... upwards to 15.

Secondly, a very close friend of mine, who is a Concealed Carry instructor actually stopped an assassination attempt on his client with just four shots of a .380.

My apologies, Sir, but I beg to differ: the .380 is not inadequate.

BUT! In this situation... I would be lying down and hoping they won't hurt me. If I take actions into my own hands, I probably will get hurt. I'm not confident enough of my abilities to take on three professionals.
    My Bersa Thunder .380 PLUS holds 15+1. Can't say I would have had an opportunity to use any of those .380 rounds in this scenario, but the point is taken that you need to have enough lead to make sure each bad guy gets his fair share
    SigPro 2340
    Bersa Thunder Plus .380

Wow those guys are good. It's a real gamble to engage them. Maybe like some were saying you could have opened fire before they entered but that would have to be almost perfect recognition and without hesitation. You can only hope they the other two run when your pistol goes off on one of them. With the numbers and smoothness of these guys it doesn't seem likely though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Savage206 View Post
    hmm I don't know....that was a REALLY fast robbery...unless you see them coming through the door I am not sure there is much you can do. This is a tough one. Be a good witness for sure though.
    Looking at it a few times the one guy waiting in line had the only real llok at the three comeing in.

It would beemn long shot but he could have taken the one guy .

How ever we cant see the other two

According to the time stamp on the video, they were in and out in 30 seconds. In the door at 23:20:12 and back out the door at 23:20:42. One half of a minute! Three armed and well coordinated felons with a plan.

That's a hard one to guess what to do. It's over and they're gone in the time most would still be saying "what happened?" (Which was an integral part of the plan!) It's damn hard to formulate a response or counter-attack in that kind of time when you are caught totally off guard.

I would likely be "sucking tile" on the floor like the rest until it was over. What I may have done would be to surreptitiously draw my gun and keep it tucked away underneath my body, ready to pounce if they started shooting customers. But, if I can't see where they are, it's pretty hard to draw my weapon.

As someone already stated... With that kind of coordination, why aren't they robbing banks?
    SAR in FL likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Possibly, so the Feds aren't down on them.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Although tempting

1. I don't work for 7-Eleven
    2. To many innocent bystanders
    3. No constant visual of all three intruders
    4. No sufficient cover
    5. Return fire from too many angles
    6. Not my property
    7. 3 against 1
    8. Too many lawyers

Negatives vastly outweigh the positives

These guys were pros ..... I am sure they gave everyone instructions ..... you do nothing, unless they start shooting

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links