Defensive Carry banner

7-11 Robbery on Video

7K views 55 replies 26 participants last post by  theskunk 
#1 ·
#48 ·
+1 Guantes

I doubt customers or clerks lacked fear of GBI.

Just because you have a gun doesn't mean that attempting to use won't get you killed. Someone standing over you covering you with a gun will get his shots off far faster than you can pull, point, and shoot.

In this case, the BG's never shot anyone. I imagine that would have changed if one of the customers had been a cowboy and gone for their gun.

If they start shooting people, all bets are off. I'd rather die trying than curl up in a fetal position and take one to the head. My $ .02

#51 ·
Wow those guys are good. It's a real gamble to engage them. Maybe like some were saying you could have opened fire before they entered but that would have to be almost perfect recognition and without hesitation. You can only hope they the other two run when your pistol goes off on one of them. With the numbers and smoothness of these guys it doesn't seem likely though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#53 ·
According to the time stamp on the video, they were in and out in 30 seconds. In the door at 23:20:12 and back out the door at 23:20:42. One half of a minute! Three armed and well coordinated felons with a plan.

That's a hard one to guess what to do. It's over and they're gone in the time most would still be saying "what happened?" (Which was an integral part of the plan!) It's damn hard to formulate a response or counter-attack in that kind of time when you are caught totally off guard.

I would likely be "sucking tile" on the floor like the rest until it was over. What I may have done would be to surreptitiously draw my gun and keep it tucked away underneath my body, ready to pounce if they started shooting customers. But, if I can't see where they are, it's pretty hard to draw my weapon.

As someone already stated... With that kind of coordination, why aren't they robbing banks?

Reactions: SAR in FL
#55 ·
Although tempting

1. I don't work for 7-Eleven
2. To many innocent bystanders
3. No constant visual of all three intruders
4. No sufficient cover
5. Return fire from too many angles
6. Not my property
7. 3 against 1
8. Too many lawyers

Negatives vastly outweigh the positives :yup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.