Woman being beaten in restaurant...what would you do? (Merged)

This is a discussion on Woman being beaten in restaurant...what would you do? (Merged) within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ExSoldier You can't DO that. First off, never bluff with a firearm. Not even a little bit. If the situation is dire ...

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Woman being beaten in restaurant...what would you do? (Merged)

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    You can't DO that. First off, never bluff with a firearm. Not even a little bit. If the situation is dire enough to draw it's dire enough to fire. Shoot or don't draw. If you draw, you've ratcheted up the level of confrontation that you're backed into a corner you might not be able to get out of, not in any way, including legally. Explore every option and think outside the box. That ability to think outside the box can be the difference between life and death. Between freedom and jail. And you not only get one chance, you may only have milliseconds to decide. So figure it out first. Because a jury will take months picking it all apart.
    What would you do then? You need to be more specific than just thinking outside the box.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Storm View Post
    What would you do then? You need to be more specific than just thinking outside the box.
    This is why I always carry a pocket stun device. That super loud FRYIN' BACON sound cuts thru the noise and all the ambient slush in public places. Who can forget that punk on TV screaming: "DON'T TASE ME BRO, DON'T TASE ME!" YOUTUBE is full of nuts who've taken a shot and dropped on the spot. All that is needed is for somebody to trigger a taser/stun gun (distance to contact is the difference) and watch 'em turn loose! If they don't, if they're so focused on the matter at hand, sidle up next to one and zap 'em! Very little to worry about in the way of personal liability and the draw and shoot option remains viable.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

The question would be how many states allow you to actually carry a tazer?

(I found this has it state by state)
    TASER Laws
    in Tx it says
    46.01 No applicable definition
    so without a deffinition I would think not many people would carry or carry and if an officer saw that you would spend some time trying to convince him you werent up to bad deeds with it.
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

Quote Originally Posted by Spade115 View Post
    The question would be how many states allow you to actually carry a tazer?

(I found this has it state by state)
    TASER Laws
    in Tx it says

so without a deffinition I would think not many people would carry or carry and if an officer saw that you would spend some time trying to convince him you werent up to bad deeds with it.
    In my state (FL) it's not an issue, nor is it in most states. But you've got to be specific when referring to the device. a TASER is something that projects two small darts trailing current carrying wire. The probes (darts) are all serial numbered and registered and that makes them less likely to be used in a nefarious manner. Tasers and Taser Cartridges however they can also be used as a contact device as well, I think. OTOH, a contact device like mine can ONLY be used in close proxmity to the subject and is a very different critter Rechargeable Stun Gun This version cost an average of $50 but I got one identical last month at a gun show for just $15.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

With the Taser, you can also remove the dart/wire cartridge and use the device like a traditional stun gun. It's called dry stun or dry firing.

If several officers are on the ground wrestling and trying to subdue a suspect, they will often remove the cartridge and dry stun them to assist in subduing the suspect.

That's an added benefit of a Taser is that they can be used either way.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    With the Taser, you can also remove the dart/wire cartridge and use the device like a traditional stun gun. It's called dry stun or dry firing.

If several officers are on the ground wrestling and trying to subdue a suspect, they will often remove the cartridge and dry stun them to assist in subduing the suspect.

That's an added benefit of a Taser is that they can be used either way.
    Yeah, except it is still a heckuva lot bigger than the much smaller "contact only" device which is the size of a pack of cigarettes and shaped the same. The TASER is shaped (deliberately I think) like a Star Trek (Next Generation) PHASER. That makes it bulkier. I use the contact device as a layer of my defensive capabilities, so I need for it to fit neatly and discreetly into one of the pockets of the cargo pants I wear all the time. I just love all those pockets. My EDC is carried IWB and I count that as the final line of defense. I think that making actual contact with the device is even a layer. My first use of it will be audible. I also often use it in places like movie theaters for the flashlight mode. It's dim enough to help me find a seat discreetly or to attract to me a buddy or the wife who may have gone to the snack bar and be lost getting back to the seat. For a brighter light, I also carry a surefire. Different pocket. Spare mag goes in a carrier on the belt under my cover garment. It sounds hugely bulky but it's not. However, I'm mighty careful around pools, lakes or any body of water I might stroll near here in southern Florida!

Simple. I'd put bullets in heads. It's obvious that the life of the girl being beaten is in danger. That's all that is required in my state to end the attack with lethal force. Fu(king animals!

Let's all be sure to send some words of love to the animal that beat this girl:

Last Name: BROWN
    First Name: TEONNA
    Date of Birth: 07/02/1992
    DOC ID: 925880

Maryland Correctional Institution for Women
    Address: 7943 Brock Bridge Road, Jessup, MD 20794
    Phone: 877-280-1185

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Links