Woman being beaten in restaurant...what would you do? (Merged)

This is a discussion on Woman being beaten in restaurant...what would you do? (Merged) within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Where was the 911 call, couldn't make that call and take the video at the same time! Did they catch the three females responsible for ...

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Woman being beaten in restaurant...what would you do? (Merged)

Where was the 911 call, couldn't make that call and take the video at the same time! Did they catch the three females responsible for the attack? I'd like to see them justify this in a court!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

2. Remove Ads

For more details on this abhorring incident go to theblaze.com (Shocking, Disturbing Restaurant Assault Vid: Woman Allegedly Beaten Into a Seizure As Employees Laugh | The Blaze). Seems OP and I posted same incident from two different sources within minutes of each other.

This video was enraging. If I had seen this I would have put myself in potential danger to stop the attack. I would keep the two attackers off of the woman while calling the police. If a man tried to step in, I would immediately draw. If people persisted to attack me or the victim after I had draw, I would shoot them. If someone else drew a weapon and started firing, well then i guess I'm SOL.

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    You beat me to it. :-)

RKM
    My Uncle (in law?) sent me this in an e-mail reminding me of why we carry. Watching videos like this in the past never really phased me, but this just really bothered me. What provoked them?

My mother taught me not to put my hands on women but there might've been a few more girls laying on the ground if I was in there.

"The report classifies the attack as a "second degree assault" -- one of the suspects said that the fight was "with a woman over using a bathroom" You almost kill a woman over using the bathroom? and instead of giving her some help you just keep the camera going and warn the POS the police are coming. where is the 50,000 volt Cattle Prod when you need one ?
    Freedom Doc likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LoadedPipes View Post
    My mother taught me not to put my hands on women but there might've been a few more girls laying on the ground if I was in there.
    Those aren't women... those are savage animals.
    Nine O Four and oneshot like this.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

My Uncle (in law?) sent me this in an e-mail reminding me of why we carry.
    That's not why I carry. That's why tomorrow morning I'll be in my martial arts class, training with my fellow students. A situation like this would be trivially easy to bring to a stop without use of a firearm.
    fastk9dad likes this.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

I would stop it. I would hope that OC would not stop them and they would attack me. I would also expect the possibility of others including the employees trying to intervene on their (the attackers) behalf. I would have something for them also.
    Old School, oneshot and ncsteveh like this.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

VIP Member
    All I can say is ,
    to the defense of the staff, they most likely knew the knuckledraggers responsible for the beating and the chump videoing it, and out of possible fear of retribution is maybe the reason they were hesitant to intervene.

This from the first report;

At the end, the white victim is beaten until she has a seizure, at which point the camera operator warns the female attackers to flee, because the police are on the way. Note: he makes sure to repeatedly tell the criminal attackers to flee, instead of keeping them there for the police to apprehend.

AND from the update;

The victim suffered cuts to her mouth and face, and a police report said she was in "fair" condition

The report classifies the attack as a "second degree assault" -- one of the suspects said that the fight was "with a woman over using a bathroom."

Throughout the attack, a man is filming and does not intervene. But when the victim appears to go into a seizure, he yells, "She having a seizure, yo. … Police on their way. Y'all better get out of here."

I agree with Luis50,,OC spray, then tell the videographer to get the hell out before he gets his.

Gas'em!!!!

Hopefully, these animals will get their just rewards very swiftly

"Wrong is wrong, even if everybody is doing it. Right is right, even if nobody is doing it."
    St. Augustine
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

I know some people in Baltimore and they say it's a very rough area. I asked them about this video and they said stuff like that isn't all that uncommon. I think McDonald's needs to have all of their employees removed. It shows you that if you're in trouble, (even with people and witnesses around who could help) you're still going to have to defend yourself, and not expect people to come over and help you out. This is a situation where I like the use of a CCW. If the victim had maybe it could've helped. Or if a bystander had one, they could've held the BGs at gunpoint until the police and ambulance arrived.
    I believe in Democracy but I'm not a Democrat
    I believe in Liberty but I'm not a Liberal
    I believe in Guns but I don't believe in Gun Violence

thread already running...
    Video of brutal attack in McDonald's

He beat you to it by two minutes.
    I believe in Democracy but I'm not a Democrat
    I believe in Liberty but I'm not a Liberal
    I believe in Guns but I don't believe in Gun Violence

I would like to think I would have the courage to step in, but I would be extremely worried about half of the people in the restaurant coming after me like a fight at a soccer game.

I wold not introduce lethal force into this until another weapon or sufficient disparity of force were presented.
    Old School and ncsteveh like this.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links