Woman being beaten in restaurant...what would you do? (Merged) - Page 3

Woman being beaten in restaurant...what would you do? (Merged)

This is a discussion on Woman being beaten in restaurant...what would you do? (Merged) within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, that was certainly worth hosing the two thugs down with a 2 oz can of OC spray. What happens after that would be their ...

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Woman being beaten in restaurant...what would you do? (Merged)

Well, that was certainly worth hosing the two thugs down with a 2 oz can of OC spray. What happens after that would be their call.
    oneshot and ncsteveh like this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by paul34 View Post
    According to one of the comments (who knows how reliable that is, though), she died at the hospital due to brain injuries.

This is just truly disgusting.
    I seriously doubt that.

It was certainly worth hosing the two thugs down with a full can of OC spray. Whatever happens after that would be their choice.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shockwave View Post
    That's not why I carry. That's why tomorrow morning I'll be in my martial arts class, training with my fellow students. A situation like this would be trivially easy to bring to a stop without use of a firearm.
    I agree. Take those animals to the ground and get the victim to a safe place until police and EMS arrive.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

I agree with you and Shockwave. The levels of "hands on" are as broad as the force continuum itself.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    I wold not introduce lethal force into this until another weapon or sufficient disparity of force were presented.
    While I tend to agree, I think those of us who carry heavier metal framed guns should not forget the effectiveness of a good ol pistol whipping.

very, very disturbing video.....what a bunch of animals....and if you ask me, the gutless pieces of crap that stood there doing nothing are just as GUILTY as the two pieces of trash beating that girl..........and the reports say it started of someone using the bathroom???? so you want to beat someone to near death because of that???????.........
    poppy37 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    I seriously doubt that.

It was certainly worth hosing the two thugs down with a full can of OC spray. Whatever happens after that would be their choice.
    You are correct. As I should've checked and known, the comment was wrong.

The victim suffered cuts to her mouth and face, and a police report said she had been taken to Franklin Square Hospital Center in fair condition.

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    While I tend to agree, I think those of us who carry heavier metal framed guns should not forget the effectiveness of a good ol pistol whipping.
    Carrying a wee little 92FS, I have to agree with you. Having used that tactic, that is one of the reasons I prefer larger, heavier guns.

Right or wrong this good ol boy is getting involved. The way I see it the girl that was attacked was in fear for her life,could not flee and could not defend herself in my neck of the woods we can defend a third party.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    actually three on one, I can articulate disparity of force on the girl being beaten into a seizure, bang bang bang bang, repeat as necessary. Third party being savagely beaten by three thugs, thats time for deadly force, or at least the display of a weapon
    poppy37 likes this.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

"A big strong man like you felt it necessary to shoot a fourteen year old girl?" Just for thought.

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    Same goes with us tupperware guys. We just have to remember to lead with the slide of the gun and not the frame
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    "A big strong man like you felt it necessary to shoot a fourteen year old girl?" Just for thought.
    I'd argue that if she's willing to beat a woman within an inch of her life, she's very capable of being on the receiving end of deadly force. Not that I would shoot. Merely drawing down on them probably would've been sufficient. If not, a few well placed knocks on the head should put an end to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey2011
    I'd argue that if she's willing to beat a woman within an inch of her life, she's very capable of being on the receiving end of deadly force.
    This has no bearing on anything.

Quote Originally Posted by SPidey2011
    Not that I would shoot. Merely drawing down on them probably would've been sufficient.
    More reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey2011
    If not, a few well placed knocks on the head should put an end to it.
    Best answer, other than OC.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    Age and gender do not matter in deciding if someone is a deadly threat or not, there are three of them varying in ages from 14-18 inflicting serious bodily harm on another person, this is not a time for kid gloves. When there is a time to fight, fight, and do so so violently that the opponent has no chance to recover. They have already almost killed one person, who is to say that when I jump in they won't all jump me. Granted I could probably take them all on, but not without risking my firearm being discovered and taken from me. Were I on duty with my locked and secured holster on my duty belt and all my gear I would use OC. You also have to take into account the already barely alive victim lying on the ground, is the OC spray going to affect her as well to the point where even if she catches a small whiff of it, that it could affect her respiratory system and cause it to should down. It could kill her. Lots of things to take in, lots of things to influence a decision like this. In my opinion my firearm stands the greatest chance of ending the threat to the victim without putting her at risk as well
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links