Woman being beaten in restaurant...what would you do? (Merged)

This is a discussion on Woman being beaten in restaurant...what would you do? (Merged) within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You have to do what you think best....

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Woman being beaten in restaurant...what would you do? (Merged)

You have to do what you think best.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    agreed.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Distinguished Member
    Watching the incident I don't think you could reasonably articulate the thugs had escalated to deadly force until near the very end when victim started seizing. If someone were to interveine it would hopefully of been much sooner preventing that outcome. You go in hard and fast and those animals wouldn't know what hit them. They would soon want their mommy, as well as a knee brace and probably some rhinoplasty. More than likely if you take one down fast the other will suddenly realize she had somewhere else to be.

I hope the victim recovers quickly and fully and these animals are brought to justice.
    oneshot likes this.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

Quote Originally Posted by fastk9dad View Post
    Watching the incident I don't think you could reasonably articulate the thugs had escalated to deadly force until near the very end when victim started seizing. If someone were to interveine it would hopefully of been much sooner preventing that outcome.
    This is why I said having a CCW would've helped. If I were a bystander I would've pulled out my CCW held the thugs at gunpoint and dared them to move. Called 911, waited until they arrived, and went on with my life.
    I believe in Democracy but I'm not a Democrat
    I believe in Liberty but I'm not a Liberal
    I believe in Guns but I don't believe in Gun Violence

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    All I can say is ,
    to the defense of the staff, they most likely knew the knuckledraggers responsible for the beating and the chump videoing it, and out of possible fear of retribution is maybe the reason they were hesitant to intervene.

At the end, the white victim is beaten until she has a seizure, at which point the camera operator warns the female attackers to flee, because the police are on the way. Note: he makes sure to repeatedly tell the criminal attackers to flee, instead of keeping them there for the police to apprehend.
    Throughout the attack, a man is filming and does not intervene. But when the victim appears to go into a seizure, he yells, "She having a seizure, yo. & Police on their way. Y'all better get out of here."
    I agree with Luis50,,OC spray, then tell the videographer to get the hell out before he gets his.
    The person recording it , was a McDonald's employee.

Kicking anyone in the head and then seeing them having convulsions, CAN quite easily mean it is already a life threatening injury, if not "permanent" injury.

Here : a 14 yr old that either has past felonies, or the crime is severe enough, can be tried as an adult ..... and has been many times.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I stay with my quote from another thread...animals should be treated properly...quickly shot and fed to the gators.
    Last edited by RETSUPT99; April 23rd, 2011 at 08:59 AM.
    poppy37 likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

fire

If you have no weapon - In a crowded restaurant one effective option would be to pull the fire alarm and yell "FIRE"

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    All I can say over what I have seen the last the few days (Marta train attack, woman in Cleveland running over the people in the parking lot at the McDonald's hiring day, and finally this attack) that the world is quickly going to hell in a handbasket.
    Jenkums86 likes this.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nine O Four View Post
    This is why I said having a CCW would've helped. If I were a bystander I would've pulled out my CCW held the thugs at gunpoint and dared them to move. Called 911, waited until they arrived, and went on with my life.
    If they took your dare and moved then what? They have displayed no weapon and the fight up till that point was just some catfight with kicking and punching. You just now brought deadly physical force into the fight of which you are not a part of and it's questionable if the girls were at the level of serious physical injury or deadly physical force in the early stages of the fight when you would likely intervene. The McDonalds employee isn't being attached and seems to push the girls off easy enough.
    limatunes likes this.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    Baltimore Sun is reporting the victim is a "transgender" woman:

Baltimore County McDonald's beating video goes viral - baltimoresun.com

Equality Maryland said the victim is a transgender woman and called on state Attorney General Douglas F. Gansler to step in and investigate the case as a hate crime. Police and prosecutors said they did not know whether the victim is a transgender woman.

"It does appear that the victim was a transgender woman, and she was brutalized while people stood by and watched," said Lisa Polyak, vice president of the board of directors for Equality Maryland, an advocacy organization that fought unsuccessfully in the past legislative session for greater protections for transgender individuals. "There's no excuse for that violence under any circumstances, but we would encourage police to investigate as a hate crime."

The police report does not provide a motive, but quotes one of the suspects saying that the fight was "over using a bathroom."

For those who advocate the display of a firearm and holding suspects at gunpoint remember that the first LEO through the door is going to see a civilian with a firearm pointed at other civilians. Do what you think is right but remember what your actions can result in.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Im honestly appauled and so furious I litteraly wish I could go find these girls right now and make them the forst women I have ever laid a hand on and not feel one bit of remorse for it whatsoever because I dont even see them as humans at this point. As for the rest of the people all I can say through my anger is a quote from one of my favorite movies. "We must all fear evil men, but there is another evil that we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men!!" Though at this point Im not sure how "good" those indefferent men could be considered.

"Though at this point Im not sure how "good" those indefferent men could be considered."Quote from Jenkums86

Not very good at all.

Welcome to the forum Jenkums86.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

THis might be a good time to bring up this subject.
    Pressure points strikes - discover Karate deadly fighting techniques

Turning the lights out on an aggressive person is not that hard if you know where to strike.

A good hard pinch to the nerve at base of the neck would have a lot more effective than drawing out your handgun.

Try it on yourself and see if it doesn't get your attention.
    Pinch both nerves hard on both sides of the neck at the same time and it's "Lights Out Time".
    No Hard punches to throw and it looks non violent from a distance.

Course a kick to the knee cap will take the fight out of a lot of people.

Just an alternate to popping off rounds in a crowded room.
    What have you done to prepare for the end of civilization as we know it?

I don't know how well that would work in a real fight, especially if you are not experienced. We're not all Spock.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Links