Defensive Carry banner

Woman being beaten in restaurant...what would you do? (Merged)

14K views 142 replies 68 participants last post by  Sharpender 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Woman being beaten in restaurant...what would you do?

There are lots of posts and replies I've read on this site and others about whether or not to get involved in someone else's troubles. The best answer is usually "depends" followed by 'what if' or 'but if' or 'did they this or did they that'. In this format, a public forum, we have the luxury of being able to think it through dispassionately and logically, weighing our options and judging the consequences of our actions or inaction. Real life just ain't that pretty, as I think most of us know.

Imagine walking in for a burger at Mickey-D's and seeing this...

Shocking, Disturbing Restaurant Assault Vid: Woman Allegedly Beaten Into a Seizure As Employees Laugh | The Blaze

Read the original story then watch the video then read the updates and the link to more updates and some of the comments by other readers.

This is one human being being brutally attacked by two other human beings, no weapons beyond what God gives us. Ignore issues of race, gender, size and even what led to it in the first place. Please note what "good witness" looks like, there are lots of them in this video (including the guy shooting the video). I'm pretty sure I couldn't stand by and be a good witness in this case, especially if the incident took place here in Texas.

So, what would you do if this happened in your neighborhood fast food joint and you came upon it?

#7 ·
The entire McDonald's staff of that restaurant is a disgrace to humanity and they are the biggest cowards I have ever seen. They never helped to protect or assist the young girl while she was being attacked by three aggressive girls. In my opinion, the young girl should sue McDonald's for the lack of security they provide to its customers and the poor response and training from its staff.

I applaud the old lady since she was the only person in that Restaurant with a sense of humanity that interfered to assist the young lady. The man holding the video camera and all the male staff of McDonald's should be castrated since they have absolutely no use for their balls. C-O-W-A-R-D-S!!!!

I hope that the young lady did not suffer any critical injuries and that she can fully recover. At the end of the footage she was clearly having a seizure from all the injuries that she sustained to her head.

Reactions: TVJ
#10 ·
I hope that the young lady did not suffer any critical injuries and that she can fully recover. At the end of the footage she was clearly having a seizure from all the injuries that she sustained to her head.
According to one of the comments (who knows how reliable that is, though), she died at the hospital due to brain injuries.

This is just truly disgusting.

#9 ·
I would interfere immediately by pushing the attackers away from the girls and telling them to back off. If they still don't want to leave the girl alone, then I spray them with pepper spray directly in the face. If after I spray them with pepper spray a man fond of the attackers decides to interfere, I would immediately draw my gun. If this person still comes forward, I would proceed to shoot him in the foot or leg. I don't care what people may think of my reasoning and possible actions, but if we "good citizens" don't begin to take a stand towards all these scum bags, soon we won't be able to leave the house and all of our children will be in great danger. Some people just need to "reap what they sow" and learn their lesson.

#16 ·
Where was the 911 call, couldn't make that call and take the video at the same time! Did they catch the three females responsible for the attack? I'd like to see them justify this in a court!

#18 ·
This video was enraging. If I had seen this I would have put myself in potential danger to stop the attack. I would keep the two attackers off of the woman while calling the police. If a man tried to step in, I would immediately draw. If people persisted to attack me or the victim after I had draw, I would shoot them. If someone else drew a weapon and started firing, well then i guess I'm SOL.

#22 ·
"The report classifies the attack as a "second degree assault" -- one of the suspects said that the fight was "with a woman over using a bathroom" You almost kill a woman over using the bathroom? and instead of giving her some help you just keep the camera going and warn the POS the police are coming. where is the 50,000 volt Cattle Prod when you need one ?

#24 ·
My Uncle (in law?) sent me this in an e-mail reminding me of why we carry.
That's not why I carry. That's why tomorrow morning I'll be in my martial arts class, training with my fellow students. A situation like this would be trivially easy to bring to a stop without use of a firearm.

#26 ·
All I can say is ,
to the defense of the staff, they most likely knew the knuckledraggers responsible for the beating and the chump videoing it, and out of possible fear of retribution is maybe the reason they were hesitant to intervene.

This from the first report;

At the end, the white victim is beaten until she has a seizure, at which point the camera operator warns the female attackers to flee, because the police are on the way. Note: he makes sure to repeatedly tell the criminal attackers to flee, instead of keeping them there for the police to apprehend.

AND from the update;

The victim suffered cuts to her mouth and face, and a police report said she was in "fair" condition

The report classifies the attack as a "second degree assault" -- one of the suspects said that the fight was "with a woman over using a bathroom."

Throughout the attack, a man is filming and does not intervene. But when the victim appears to go into a seizure, he yells, "She having a seizure, yo. … Police on their way. Y'all better get out of here."

I agree with Luis50,,OC spray, then tell the videographer to get the hell out before he gets his.

Gas'em!!!!

Hopefully, these animals will get their just rewards very swiftly

"Wrong is wrong, even if everybody is doing it. Right is right, even if nobody is doing it."
St. Augustine

#50 ·
All I can say is ,
to the defense of the staff, they most likely knew the knuckledraggers responsible for the beating and the chump videoing it, and out of possible fear of retribution is maybe the reason they were hesitant to intervene.

At the end, the white victim is beaten until she has a seizure, at which point the camera operator warns the female attackers to flee, because the police are on the way. Note: he makes sure to repeatedly tell the criminal attackers to flee, instead of keeping them there for the police to apprehend.
Throughout the attack, a man is filming and does not intervene. But when the victim appears to go into a seizure, he yells, "She having a seizure, yo. & Police on their way. Y'all better get out of here."
I agree with Luis50,,OC spray, then tell the videographer to get the hell out before he gets his.
The person recording it , was a McDonald's employee.

Kicking anyone in the head and then seeing them having convulsions, CAN quite easily mean it is already a life threatening injury, if not "permanent" injury.

Here : a 14 yr old that either has past felonies, or the crime is severe enough, can be tried as an adult ..... and has been many times.

#27 ·
I know some people in Baltimore and they say it's a very rough area. I asked them about this video and they said stuff like that isn't all that uncommon. I think McDonald's needs to have all of their employees removed. It shows you that if you're in trouble, (even with people and witnesses around who could help) you're still going to have to defend yourself, and not expect people to come over and help you out. This is a situation where I like the use of a CCW. If the victim had maybe it could've helped. Or if a bystander had one, they could've held the BGs at gunpoint until the police and ambulance arrived.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.